What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pilot error is a nice cover up for the story is it not?

If Air Commodore is covering up the ineptness of PAF (or fault in JF-17 program, as per Kanwa latest article speculating) by telling a lie to foreign media, Won't it hurt Foreign sales?

E-Scan(AESA?) radar under preparation. Btw is it a recycled article, I think this article has been published before by AFM.

Meaning? Also, will the previous block 1s be upgraded to block 2 standard? At east as far as avionics and weapons integration is concerned?

Yes. Bilal Sahib, The block 1 09-109 pic with static IFR, BVR, Anti ship missile plus the integration process of HMD on Block 1 as per previous interview of Mehmood sahab indicates all block 1 would be upgraded to block 2 standard

E-Scan(AESA?) radar under preparation. Btw is it a recycled article, I think this article has been published before by AFM.

Meaning? Also, will the previous block 1s be upgraded to block 2 standard? At east as far as avionics and weapons integration is concerned?

The recycling is of the previous interviews which said fairly similar things.

All block-Is are already moving to block-II standard in terms of software and weapons carriage improvements. They will receive hardware improvements as well. No idea on whether the IFR probe will follow but probably not.
The Problem with the E-Scan is cooling and it will remain so until you hear another interview about it being solved through an alternative solution that has been thought up.

The article states the same about J-10 as I said two years ago testifying to the authority that gave the info. Yet "informants" are still insisting on J-10C's and D's. Lage Raho.

The story was it was due to some attachments on the wings to capture data for developing a simulator(although one was already available from China) that caused wing fluttering and disintegration.

If Air Commodore is covering up the ineptness of PAF (or fault in JF-17 program, as per Kanwa latest article speculating) by telling a lie to foreign media, Won't it hurt Foreign sales?

Not as such. Who will really testify otherwise that it was not pilot error. Moreover, we cant be sure it wasnt pilot error either. The circumstances which TaimiK described required stressing the airframe.. perhaps the pilot overstressed it(however with an aircraft that has FLCS it should not happen unless the addition was not accounted for in the Flt computer calculations)

The recycling is of the previous interviews which said fairly similar things.

All block-Is are already moving to block-II standard in terms of software and weapons carriage improvements. They will receive hardware improvements as well. No idea on whether the IFR probe will follow but probably not.
The Problem with the E-Scan is cooling and it will remain so until you hear another interview about it being solved through an alternative solution that has been thought up.

The article states the same about J-10 as I said two years ago testifying to the authority that gave the info. Yet "informants" are still insisting on J-10C's and D's. Lage Raho.

Well I have to disagree on this. 09-109 is a testament Block 1 would have IFR

I'm saying this on the basis of figures published The Kanwa Interview and The News article. If you disagree, then it would be nice to hear your theory.

The constant silence of PAF in general (from 2007-mid 2013) and cover up of SAAB destruction and silence of PAF then in specific made me a stark skeptic of PAF. Surely many doubts removed, but some still persist

For that you have to wait for another 2 to 3 years:D

Have IFR.. and fitted across block-I fleet are two different things.

But when Block-1 would go under hardware improvement, IFR might have a chance getting in to JF, no?

Nice read.

So JF-17 can carry SD-10s only on the 2 middle wing-hardpoint, while some members were claiming otherwise posting 6-7 year old airshow-posters while JF-17 was still in development as proofs, and a certain moderator was claiming he has "inside sources" that it can carry on the innermost wing hardpoint.
There seems to be a pattern here which screams out--"Never trust forum fanboys"... atleast in this place.
^ My post from before... again confirmed by this Article. It can carry only 2 SD-10s. They still haven't increased this capability although the hardpoints have the the basic mil-std.

Hmm.. Block 4 or Block 5 in the future. Interesting.

But when Block-1 would go under hardware improvement, IFR might have a chance getting in to JF, no?
IFR is factory fitted to the block-II as per my knowledge. But not yet decided as an add-on for the block-I.

^ My post from before... again confirmed by this Article. It can carry only 2 SD-10s. They still haven't increased this capability although the hardpoints have the the basic mil-std.

Hmm.. Block 4 or Block 5 in the future. Interesting.

What does the article say? Post verbatim

13077049.jpg
PT-01
paf need to take any 1 prototype and place in paf museum

@Oscar
It would have the capability of 4 SD-10s given the mil-std is already there but PAF has decided to stay in the present 2 SD-10s plus fuel configuration. Probably the other hardpoints are not programmed and wired for SD-10 firings yet.

Last edited:
In future blocks there'll be an E-scan radar fitted. It's under preparation.

What's this E-scan radar? an AESA or PESA? it's under preparation by whom? us or the chinese?

@Oscar @Dazzler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom