What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
E-Scan mean electronically scanned, could be used for both as both use e-scanning methods. In case of jf-17, Chinese do not make PESA radars as per the literature available, AESA is the only option for future JFT batches.

@Oscar
It would have the capability of 4 SD-10s given the mil-std is already there but PAF has decided to stay in the present 2 SD-10s plus fuel configuration. Probably the other hardpoints are not programmed and wired for SD-10 firings yet.

I didn't wanted to disturb your peace but, seriously.... you are distorting the words to suit your propaganda.

FYI, all hard points are ready (electronically) for integration of any sort of weapon... its just PAF who is keeping its own configuration as 2 BVR with 2 sidewinders, plus jamming pod, fuel tank etc. which i think is quite sensible... but if a need arise it will be plug and play.

I didn't wanted to disturb your peace but, seriously.... you are distorting the words to suit your propaganda.

FYI, all hard points are ready (electronically) for integration of any sort of weapon... its just PAF who is keeping its own configuration as 2 BVR with 2 sidewinders, plus jamming pod, fuel tank etc. which i think is quite sensible... but if a need arise it will be plug and play.
Please read carefully. JF-17's max SD-10 carrying capability is the same as the "standard configuration" currently. JF-17 would have the capability to carry 4 SD-10s, but presently PAF is sticking to 2 SD-10s since this is what the PAF decided. They do stress the point that all the hardpoints have the mil-std digital interface. So yes it will be a lot easy to eventually integrate the other 2 SD-10s in the other 2 hardpoints. But it doesn't take away the fact that currently "JF-17 would have the capability" rather than "has" the capability to carry 4 SD-10s.

@Ping As far as I know... F16 MLU-block52-Block60 have the same configuration. 4 (bvr+wvr). Why does it make so much difference when you talk about JF17? And your LCA has not even have a bvr yet.

On the other hand... Let us look at the purpose. It is medium end low level multi purpose fighterjet. You do not need more and you will hardly see more in PAF/Indian scenario.

So yes it will be a lot easy to eventually integrate the other 2 SD-10s in the other 2 hardpoints. But it doesn't take away the fact that currently "JF-17 would have the capability" rather than "has" the capability to carry 4 SD-10s.

what did you just say in the last para?? :rofl:

@Ping dude if enemey is succesful in jaming than carrying 4 BVR is also of no use, other wise scoring 2 kills from standoff is good enough for JFT.
I also doubt any a/c can it self be at stand off till the end of 4 BVR, it will be WVR by the end of 2 BVR. I hope one cannot fire BVR without lock which is not easy even without jamming.

Whiel you have all the right to self-assurance and feel-happy thoughts, but do capability and configuratin have the same meaning in indian dictionaries?

@Oscar
It would have the capability of 4 SD-10s given the mil-std is already there but PAF has decided to stay in the present 2 SD-10s plus fuel configuration. Probably the other hardpoints are not programmed and wired for SD-10 firings yet.

@Oscar
Nope, A configuration is loadout and not test parameters. There is no programming needed at interfaces, they are all swappable.
Nor is anything required at the weapons management module in the main computer. All that you need to do is load a SD-10 onto the hardpoint and fire it. The only thing that might be left is carriage tests on the hardpoint.

If Air Commodore is covering up the ineptness of PAF (or fault in JF-17 program, as per Kanwa latest article speculating) by telling a lie to foreign media, Won't it hurt Foreign sales?

crashes occur, not because of one guy's fault, but because of combination of things going wrong. Pilot error could be part of the story. The aircraft could've been saved after encountering the problem, but it wasn't.

There was also a debate last week on the forum on the H-4 with some suggesting it was an A2A weapon.

Block 1 & 3 To be upgraded.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom