What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF17 thunder is direct competition for Mig 29's the Russians wish to sell to countries

Last edited by a moderator:
^ And I am sure that Russia's Mig-29 sale is no where close to the figure of $ 40 Bn.

^ And I am sure that Russia's Mig-29 sale is no where close to the figure of $ 40 Bn.

Trade wont stop between the countries but just means China is emerging as a global defence supplier which will be direct competition for Russian companies like Sukhoi and MIG.

Trade wont stop between the countries but just means China is emerging as a global defence supplier which will be direct competition for Russian companies like Sukhoi and MIG.

Agreed, but still this will not result in halting the exports of RD-93 to China as China to date is their biggest defense customer (correct me if i am wrong on this).

JF17 thunder is direct competition for Mig 29's the Russians wish to sell to countries

The video claims that JF-17 is a serious competitor in terms of price and quality...
Thus, this is proved by the manufacturer of MIG 29 that PAF JF-17 is seious competitor to Indians Mig 29.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Both are in different categories in terms of weapon load, range and role. Mig-29 can carry the load almost double than JF-17, after all its a twin engine.(though using the same)

Agreed, but still this will not result in halting the exports of RD-93 to China as China to date is their biggest defense customer (correct me if i am wrong on this).

Yep it will still continue has state backing and Putin cleared it but Russian defence companies are not happy about it:

The deal is facing opposition from Russian aircraft manufacturers, such as Mikhail Pogosyan, the head of the MiG and Sukhoi aviation holding, who said that the FC-1 is extremely close, if not the same, as the Russian-made MiG-29. Pogosyan claimed that FC-1 is a direct competitor to Russia's MiG-29 and the deal would incur losses for the Russian manufacturers.

China's imports of Russian arms has been decreasing as they are becoming more self-reliant these are the figures for 2009 Algeria was the top customer with an export share of 29%, followed by India (25%) and China (10%). Vietnam became Russia's largest weapons customer in terms of new contracts signed in 2009.

Anybody got the interview or news article where the Air Marshall said the JFT is 80-85% as capable as the late model F-16s?

Source: Blogger: China Air and Naval Power - Post a Comment

Thanks in advance.

34eultz.jpg

The video claims that JF-17 is a serious competitor in terms of price and quality...
Thus, this is proved by the manufacturer of MIG 29 that PAF JF-17 is seious competitor to Indians Mig 29.... ;)

According to my info the Mig29 is not a serious competitor for JF17. Did you guys know the details? Back in the past Mikoyan Gurevich engineers designed something like Su27. Mig leadership laughed at it and finally they were sacked and hired by Suckhoi. There the SU27 became one of the best designed plane ever. After that a downgraded version of the SU27 was designed and developed by the Mig company. If you go through some designs you will see the downgrading.

Anyway. Enough history. What I wanted to add. Here yo have single engined lightweight fighterjet for less then 50% of the price already doing better then the latest Mig29 (in several fields). That is not competition. That is clearly al lost race for the Mig and they know it. Why else the crying and warning to their engine supplier Tumansky. Let us see how well Mig performs now. Algeria returned their not so new migs. India is probably not going for the Mig35. There is hardly an alternative. Would you go for old designed dual engined unreliable spare part shop with probably nothing left to improve fighterjet?

Good to see confirmation of my news piece that JFT outclassed the blk 15s more than once. Its actually more than handy in the hands of a skillful pilot as it is very responsive and provides ample comfort and ease of operation. What i have heard is JFT is winning the confidence of most of PAF elite pilot fleet. Volunteering for it is at an all time high. It has also won hearts overseas and as of now, 12 countries showing a willing to get their hands on it but this will take time as PAF has mentioned their priority of filling their ranks first. Egypt and Azeris are confirmed and we will see good news regarding exports before 2013 Insha ALLAH.

I did not know latest F16 has MAWS. Intresting newsbit btw.

Blk 52 does have ALR 47 and above but its limited in its operational status and not as capable as the the entire 360 coverage provided by SE-2 MAWS on JFT, J-10B, J-11 series

Russia and China's trade turn over = Approx $ 40 Bn
Russia and India's trade turn over = Approx $ 10 Bn (?)

Quote- There are no friends or enemies in International Diplomacy, Just the interests of countries.

Please figure it out your self :)

So are you implying that China should be better friends with India with whom bilateral trade stands at 30 billion USD as compared to Pakistan where it stands at 8 billion USD??

According to my info the Mig29 is not a serious competitor for JF17. Did you guys know the details? Back in the past Mikoyan Gurevich engineers designed something like Su27. Mig leadership laughed at it and finally they were sacked and hired by Suckhoi. There the SU27 became one of the best designed plane ever. After that a downgraded version of the SU27 was designed and developed by the Mig company. If you go through some designs you will see the downgrading.

Anyway. Enough history. What I wanted to add. Here yo have single engined lightweight fighterjet for less then 50% of the price already doing better then the latest Mig29 (in several fields). That is not competition. That is clearly al lost race for the Mig and they know it. Why else the crying and warning to their engine supplier Tumansky. Let us see how well Mig performs now. Algeria returned their not so new migs. India is probably not going for the Mig35. There is hardly an alternative. Would you go for old designed dual engined unreliable spare part shop with probably nothing left to improve fighterjet?

The latest Mig-29 is the Mig-29 OVT also known as the Mig-35. Pardon my ignorance but in which field, be it Range, Speed, MTOW, T/W Ratio, Hardpoints, Radar, Avionics or anything else is the JF-17 Blk 1 better than the SMT let alone the OVT. Information would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom