What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can some one tell me
Do we use any jamming pods on the JF-17
if not
do we plan to use them in the future??

plenty of options from kg-300g to alq 131 jammers, ecm housing on vertical tail also contains jamming equipment so dual jamming options available.

taimi bahi buchon per itni skhti nahi kerni chahia. . . . . . bacha khrab ho jata hain

Honestly, the LCA is horrible when it comes to airshows. As expected. It is a delta. Huge wing and one engine. Nice for speed but terrible in longer then one turn combat. I think it will be a perfect asset for Indian Airforce.

most probably still GE series of engine as the indigenous Kaveri is not ready yet

Honestly, the LCA is horrible when it comes to airshows. As expected. It is a delta. Huge wing and one engine. Nice for speed but terrible in longer then one turn combat. I think it will be a perfect asset for Indian Airforce.

What do you mean? you are saying LCA is horrible at the same it is a great asset???

What do you mean? you are saying LCA is horrible at the same it is a great asset???

well he was critical , but i think it would be better to discuss LCA in her thread , not here,
other thing, delta wing have been successful and indians know better about their jet................

I meant that at first sight you would think that the delta is horrible when looking at displays but a delta is superb at high altitudes, high speed and wingloading. Looking at displays doesn't give you the clues.

Personally I think if this bird gets 4 BVR and 2 wvr it can do the job just fine. All that writing about 6g allowed or decades old design. If you can put a decent radar and good BVR/WVR then there is not much to worry about. But it will not get exported. I will not have much room to improve and it will not go into dogfights. So, as a point defence it will be a good asset.

The questions is with so many MKI, MRCA and more, whether there is room for a point defence fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom