What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^these pics look like 'photo-shopped' or whatever!

Of course sir that's a beautiful calender they are trying to make here. I'm still missing the Block-52 with CFTs though,could have been easily photoshoped here, at least in the calender.(Will they??:D)

does any 1 know when is the 2nd squadren of JF17 due in Paf...

The second batch of jf-17 is undergoing testing so we will very soon see 2nd squadron inshALLAH

may be in the first quarter of this year

I doubt about 9G (at the moment). Anyway it seems to be a nice agile plane with a bad engine and T/W ratio. Russian engines are bad and smokey, Russian rockets are great. American engines are good.

Please elaborate your post, thanks

Recently i ve seen a few Jf-17 Pt-4 pictures having longer pilot tube like J-10b.
also the camouflage is a little different and having black stripes on vertical stabilator
JF-17_pt-04_1.jpg

JF-17_pt-04_3.jpg

JF-17_pt-04_2.jpg

it states JF-17 protortpe-04 during moments before an T&E Flight on 16th Jan, 2007

while the old one had smaller.

JF-17_pt-04_4.jpg

JF-17 protortpe-04 taking off for its first official flight on 10th May, 2006

WHAT WAS THAT FOR ?

Last edited:
Please elaborate your post, thanks

what i mean is that I read that it can pull 8Gs no more than that. If yuo have read somewhere about its 9g please provide me with link. 2ndly It has a Russian engine, which is smokey and noisy, I wish the aircraft has thrush to weigh ratio of 1 or 1.1

Recently i ve seen a few Jf-17 Pt-4 pictures having longer pilot tube like J-10b.
also the camouflage is a little different and having black stripes on
JF-17_pt-04_1.jpg

JF-17_pt-04_3.jpg

JF-17_pt-04_2.jpg

it states JF-17 protortpe-04 during moments before an T&E Flight on 16th Jan, 2007

while the old one had smaller.

JF-17_pt-04_4.jpg

JF-17 protortpe-04 taking off for its first official flight on 10th May, 2006

WHAT WAS THAT FOR ?

This long one is the Air Data Boom, which is used through the testing stage of an aircraft and once in production the air data boom is taken over by a simple air data pitot tube and other pitot tubes take over other functions.

Since it was the initial flight of the prototype, thus the air data boom would not have been required as its was the first flight, but once testing starts the longer air data boom is installed and later removed in production model.

Here below is the pic which may make you understand what it does.

8112.jpg

Air data boom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know if this video has been posted here before so I apologizes in advance if its a repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
what i mean is that I read that it can pull 8Gs no more than that. If yuo have read somewhere about its 9g please provide me with link. 2ndly It has a Russian engine, which is smokey and noisy, I wish the aircraft has thrush to weigh ratio of 1 or 1.1

It has pushed to 9Gs more than 2 dozen times during PAF trials since 2008-2010 and its airshow performance is an ample proof of this. Regarding rd-93, neither it is under powered nor the most powerful around and it gives JFT the ability to make vertical climbs even at nominal speeds. Those quick turns and climbs are more than a proof of its strong airframe capable of sustained 9G performance. I recommend you to see the JFT Zhuhai videos closely and repeatedly, concentrating on every turn and maneuver and especially those long smoke, moisture trials seem attached to the wings almost every time it maneuvers, to understand what i am talking about. Not everything can be proved on a public forum, having a little improvisation with rational thought never hurts.

Pakistan has wasted several billions in failed projects.

Pakistan only gave a small amount to PAF and they give us JF-17 awesome. Its just like winning the world cup.

Keep it up PAF can't wait for the official specs for the 2nd batch when operational.:pakistan::china:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom