What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look closely at DSI shape, you will notice that they are designed as a blunt, engine covering surfaces, yet they provide ample airflow to the engine at very high Angle of Attack. They play as much role in JFT's agility as does its LERX and Digital FBW. Particularly to reduce/absorb radar rays in an efficient manner (its no way near stealth). Its surface is as rounded as it could be done. This plays a pivotal role in reducing the frontal RCS. Also, the engine is not visible through DSI and one has to see closely to locate engine blades. Its heartening to see how it has evolved..

Work on JFT EW began in Pakistan even before other avionics, WMMC, radar, MFDs etc. The reason for asking French for a customized version of SPECTRA that i disclosed here was because we, and Chinese, are already working on similar technology, advanced algorithms to significantly reduce incoming threats, RCS, heat plumb etc. This EW system is ready to be tested and will be incorporated in second batch onwards. It is not as complicated as SPECTRA but significantly reduces the threat to JFT. Even current block has a better version of complete EW, very similar to what the Chinese J-10a uses, SE-2 (JFT Missile Approach & Warning System) is absent in J-10a but visible in J-10b, J-11b etc. I can tell u that JFT has least RCS among all PAF fighter fleet inventory, cant go any further on this ........
:tup::tup: Two TumbsUp on that! and that also implies lower than latest block 52 we recently inducted. :pakistan: supper cool :cool:

and the further expansion of its flight envelope to -3.5 to 8G (-2 to 6G for IOC) and 24-degrees angle of attack (22 for IOC)."
===
======
^^ this is of LCA right now

can any one tell me the angle of attack of current JfT
and the flight envelope or whatever the thing is.?

and the further expansion of its flight envelope to -3.5 to 8G (-2 to 6G for IOC) and 24-degrees angle of attack (22 for IOC)."
===
======
^^ this is of LCA right now

can any one tell me the angle of attack of current JfT
and the flight envelope or whatever the thing is.?

Didnt u judge it by its performance in Zhuhai? Its higher than our very own f-16 blk 15's 25 degrees buddy!!

Last edited:
Didnt u judge it by its performance in Zhuhai? Its higher than our very own f-16 blk 15 degrees buddy!!

bt i heard that block 15 f-16 are the most manuerable/agile compare to all other f-16 blocks

Yes they are, among all f-16s, hold upper hand in vertical regime but JFT is awesome in horizontal agility, not bad in vertical as it holds its own there too, it already scored against the blk 15 more than once, two years ago.

Yes they are, among all f-16s, hold upper hand in vertical regime but JFT is awesome in horizontal agility, not bad in vertical as it holds its own there too, it already scored against the blk 15 more than once, two years ago.

Can you please explain horizontal agility? Can JFT pull 8gs? what did it score against blk 15 (if u can explain)? thanks in advance.

Its airframe is designed to pull 9Gs. Zhuhai performance confirms this although it was less than what it can do in real combat scenario. Instantaneous as well as Sustained turn rate is higher than the f-16 for sure judging from airshow videos even though it was at around 400-600 kts at best. It is showing more promise than, at least i thought, for a main stay fighter. Other day, i saw praise for it on an Indian forum which is a rare event indeed.

Can you please explain horizontal agility? Can JFT pull 8gs? what did it score against blk 15 (if u can explain)? thanks in advance.

Keep in mind that JF-17 was designed by Engineers and pilots alike. They had feedback from PAF personal, as PAF wanted something at par or better to F-16. No wonder F-16s are a benchmark for all other fighters in the world.....

PAFFalcons-February2011-large.jpg

JF-17 Thunder on it's way to Farnborough Air Show, UK.

Its airframe is designed to pull 9Gs. Zhuhai performance confirms this although it was less than what it can do in real combat scenario. Instantaneous as well as Sustained turn rate is higher than the f-16 for sure judging from airshow videos even though it was at around 400-600 kts at best. It is showing more promise than, at least i thought, for a main stay fighter. Other day, i saw praise for it on an Indian forum which is a rare event indeed.

I doubt about 9G (at the moment). Anyway it seems to be a nice agile plane with a bad engine and T/W ratio. Russian engines are bad and smokey, Russian rockets are great. American engines are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom