What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This interview does give away the impression that funding is a problem which effecting JF-17 program somehow.

PPP thugs opened banks on the last day of their rule to extract every single penny they could, things are so bad that passport issuance under urgent status is 3 month instead of usual one week!

Qatar is very interested in JFT, their Air chief visited a while ago, requested to see the bird up close and personal, admired the thing, but i dont see SA going for it.

That's 4 the RSAF. I was referring to the SNG. The latter is planning to build an Air Force of its own right now and the chief commander is n't pro western that much ,so I guess they might go for JV with PAF.

What is SNG?

That's 4 the RSAF. I was referring to the SNG. The latter is planning to build an Air Force of its own right now and the chief commander is n't pro western that much ,so I guess they might go for JV with PAF.

I would like to see Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Turkey JV. Kind of like F-35 project in the future :smokin:

^^ Design of JTF is very fine.. perhaps they all can invest in manufacturing of composite frame for the existing Thunder.

Saudi Arabia shall join in the development of armed drones, this is what both countries lack.

While talking to one of my friends (who maintains close links with AF), he told me that according to his cousins ,the JFT of Hussain shaheed disintegrated in mid air. He also told me that the aircraft was being tested at Mach 2.2. I remember we did have quite a lot of discussion on the topic but still every now and then something exceptional turns out. He told me a lot of other things as well which I would share, if required.

saudis can oly influence with their money - their in-house plan to assemble EFT was delayed / postponed as they just wernt ready and now the 48 a/c order in being done in the UK.

anyway this a JFT thread - pl keep it as such.

Not sure if these have been posted before, none the less......Tour De Kamra.

300792%252Cxcitefun-20093120151122061.jpg

300776%252Cxcitefun-2009312112219791.jpg

300789%252Cxcitefun-20093120334371238.jpg

300782%252Cxcitefun-200931213223352.jpg

300787%252Cxcitefun-20093120351946379.jpg

300798%252Cxcitefun-20093121103844099.jpg

300793%252Cxcitefun-20093120142230020.jpg

saudis can oly influence with their money - their in-house plan to assemble EFT was delayed / postponed as they just wernt ready and now the 48 a/c order in being done in the UK.

anyway this a JFT thread - pl keep it as such.

I remember some new comers asking random questions about JFT and they were rudely directed to go to "JFT info pool", but apparently its OKAY to discuss Saudis on this thread :confused:. If I got a penny every time I had to witness such hypocrisy on defence.pk, I would be stinking rich.

While talking to one of my friends (who maintains close links with AF), he told me that according to his cousins ,the JFT of Hussain shaheed disintegrated in mid air. He also told me that the aircraft was being tested at Mach 2.2. I remember we did have quite a lot of discussion on the topic but still every now and then something exceptional turns out. He told me a lot of other things as well which I would share, if required.

The JF-17 simply does not have enough power to reach Mach 2.2, and it was never designed for those speeds.

Well I don't understand one thing......... The Jane's just reported that JF-17's RD-93 performance in joint exercises was in almost of the configuration of the Chinese Su-27......... Okey, lets just accept it for a sec.
If it is true then why JF-17 Thunder still looks 'Underpowered" ?

Well I don't understand one thing......... The Jane's just reported that JF-17's RD-93 performance in joint exercises was in almost of the configuration of the Chinese Su-27......... Okey, lets just accept it for a sec.
If it is true then why JF-17 Thunder still looks 'Underpowered" ?

We need a TWR of 1+ to make the most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom