What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea about the time frame?

The time that was said before has passed a long time ago...

As I understand, in principle the squadron has stood up, but there is no ceremony, no base allocation or anything!!! It's all up in the air!

An Elite member and a General with less posts and more thanks.

Chanda PAF has added 2 squadrons in 3 years. Black Panthers and Black Spiders.

Buddy.. the 1st sq was commissioned in feb 2010.. Its been 3 years (almost) since then and only 1 sqd has been added..

Buddy.. the 1st sq was commissioned in feb 2010.. Its been 3 years (almost) since then and only 1 sqd has been added..

JF-17 being built locally has given PAF a chance to complete its squadrons with 24 jets in each. Right now 48 JF-17s are operational at Peshawar alone. The third squadron means 24 more jets may get operational by the end of this year.

JF-17 being built locally has given PAF a chance to complete its squadrons with 24 jets in each. Right now 48 JF-17s are operational at Peshawar alone. The third squadron means 24 more jets may get operational by the end of this year.

:lol:.. Dude, dont embarrass yourself.. PAF will reach a figure of approx 50 operational jets after the 3rd sqd is commissioned..

Each sqd has about 15-18 planes

:lol:.. Dude, dont embarrass yourself.. PAF will reach a figure of approx 50 operational jets after the 3rd sqd is commissioned..

Each sqd has about 15-18 planes

Allow me to add something in your nut.

There are squadrons of F-7s and mirages in PAF where there are 26 jets in EACH. PAF has around 44 F-16 Block 15s. The 9th Squadron has 20 jets where as the 11th Squadron has around 24.

15-18 jets is not a hard and fast rule. Stop posting in PAF section if you're unaware of the figures which you are clearly.

There are squadrons of F-7s and mirages in PAF where there are 26 jets in EACH. PAF has around 44 F-16 Block 15s. The 9th Squadron has 20 jets where as the 11th Squadron has around 24.

15-18 jets is not a hard and fast rule. Stop posting in PAF section if you're unaware of the figures which you are clearly.

Posting bullshit is the norm of the Indian members here. Don't you wonder how they get so many posts and thanks, yet they still haven't
learned a thing?

What a shame.

To your ignorant mind....

If the first squadron went up in 2010, and another stands up in 2013, that would be 3 squadrons in 3 years. Also, the third squadron is ready, just waiting official ceremony.........

You are right , first in the beginning it was ought to have a squadron with 16 -18 jf17 but it eventually rose to 20's maybe 24 as u said total built are 48 :)
2. Block 2 has all the weapon strike package to go for pn role So yes if karachi means Naval aviation...

Dude.. I am talking of JF 17 squads.. Not a generic squad.. Please ask these details from more knowledgeable Pakistani members here instead of ranting away...The 1st 50 JFTs are supposed to make up the 3 JFT squads..

Let me know if some credible links back your story about the 1st 2 squads of JF 17 having 24 planes each

To your ignorant mind....

If the first squadron went up in 2010, and another stands up in 2013, that would be 3 squadrons in 3 years. Also, the third squadron is ready, just waiting official ceremony.........

The 3rd squad is not operational right now.. So as of now, only 1 squad added after Feb 2010 which was in April 2011(Black Panthers). No new squad in last almost 2 years..

Dude.. I am talking of JF 17 squads.. Not a generic squad.. Please ask these details from more knowledgeable Pakistani members here instead of ranting away...The 1st 50 JFTs are supposed to make up the 3 JFT squads..

Let me know if some credible links back your story about the 1st 2 squads of JF 17 having 24 planes each

The 3rd squad is not operational right now.. So as of now, only 1 squad added after Feb 2010 which was in April 2011(Black Panthers). No new squad in last almost 2 years..

The third squadron is operational, just not officially inducted.....

I will take Pakistani sources over your Indian Bullshit.

How is that MMRCA and LCA coming along, btw?

Third squadron of JF-17 is going to Karachi. Followed by the 4th which is going to be raised at Mianwali.

Souce: AOC CAC.

That would mean a change in decision, since the initial idea was to keep the JF-17 up north to save up on logistical costs. This was from Dir Ops JF-17.. but its been almost 6 months to that so it may be possible that decisions have changed.

It may have to do with the rust buckets that are the Mirage VPA3's and their exocets at the end of their shelf life.

Block-II is only getting a fixed IFR probe and further electronics and weapons capabilities.
Nothing else. All other ideas are cooked up fantasies.

The picture is of the tracking pod used for test evaluation purposes since PT-06 also acts as chase ship for J-20 flights.

So extra hardpoint and improvement in radar range are fantasies too?

You are right , first in the beginning it was ought to have a squadron with 16 -18 jf17 but it eventually rose to 20's maybe 24 as u said total built are 48 :)
2. Block 2 has all the weapon strike package to go for pn role So yes if karachi means Naval aviation...

Even PAF has not received the first complete batch of Block II version. Ive never heard of any positive new regarding PN's induction of JF-17 from anyone even at IDEAS 2012.

Even PAF has not received the first complete batch of Block II version. Ive never heard of any positive new regarding PN's induction of JF-17 from anyone even at IDEAS 2012.

I don't think there are fighter jets in PN, all fighters ment for Naval role are held, maintained and flown by PAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom