What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes no IRST and expected hard point is under the chin

PAF can have IRST on JFT when ever they want if even it doesnot comes with Block 2 as default...
as PAC had used IRST tech on mairages earlier and it is home grown tech...
soo i suppose it should be in block 2... :azn:

IRST is not a difficult task neither is expensive

Extra hardpoint will be for dedicated POD's

jf17thunderdubai2011.jpg

i still think why not from start they added this hardpoint for pod's

IRST is not a difficult task neither is expensive

i still think why not from start they added this hardpoint for pod's

IIRC, extra hardpoint was not added because JF-17 was never tested up to it's full potential back than. there was issue of avionics as french backed out, Rd-93 was not tested up to its limit. PAF was in hurry to induct JF-17 and to familiarize the pilots with new planes rather being delay the induction and focus on such things, thus parallel program of inducting JF-17 in PAF and testing JF-17 in china started. Thats why we didnt saw the swedish retractable IFR and extra harpoint. Now chinese have tested JF-17 with 200 percent loads last year after which it was cleared to bear heavy loads.

Are you sure CFTs and IFR will be included in Blk II? As far as I have heard, only updates in blk-2 will increasing the range of radar slightly and addition of an IRST. Also, CFT are pretty tricky to add. Anyways, can you tell me all the updates that blk 2 will have in case I have missed a few updates?

So I take it that it is a no on IRST. Also, where will you add an extra hardpoint? You already have one under the fuselage.

Block 2 will get IRST.

Here is a pic of PT-06. Note, its going under testing phase. Not sure though it would be in front of the cockpit or placed as a hardpoint like this.

jf-17-irst-pod1.jpg

Block-II is only getting a fixed IFR probe and further electronics and weapons capabilities.
Nothing else. All other ideas are cooked up fantasies.

The picture is of the tracking pod used for test evaluation purposes since PT-06 also acts as chase ship for J-20 flights.

Third squadron of JF-17 is going to Karachi. Followed by the 4th which is going to be raised at Mianwali.

Souce: AOC CAC.

I hate to bring this up again.
Fine, if there isn't IRST on block-II.

Is there any plan at all for IRST?
It will expand JF-17's capabilities.

Third squadron of JF-17 is going to Karachi. Followed by the 4th which is going to be raised at Mianwali.

1.So that is PAK naval aviation ?

2. I honestly dont understand most of guys here in forum actually want. The jf17 has everything even block 1 the only thing it lacks is AESA which will be added as the viable option is found. And the other fact is IRST. Not all the planes have IRST like American yet they are the best we admit it. JF17 radar is perfect for the 4th generation class better range than MIG 29 jets K or SMT they have 120 against 5m^2 but jf17 has a 140. it has now Carrier killer missile , aa missiles of many origins , HMD , RWR with 60 km ( turn off the radar use it like f22 , in enemy territory u have like small stealth radar hides u from enemy radar) EW suite built in that is one of the best thing, and many more. People rush about j10b but honestly jf17 is a j10A for sure only payload is less the radar has been upgraded and found greater range than j10 radar.

Most of **** guys are like this. Bought core i3 than again ask for core i5 processor to papa after 1 month but fools dont know that in case of gaming / mainstream software development they use no more than 2 or 3 cores and the benchmarks results in better fps on dual core. lolx this aint computer class but i mean to say is our requirements dont ask for more.

We have everything the size of armed forces is perfect for country of this size.

It is a fire-and-forget precision-guided weapon that can be fitted with several seeker options, which are understood to include an active radar seeker and an imaging infrared seeker with target-recognition (TR) capabilities. PAF sources say the missile can be pre-programmed with digital imagery for highly precise attacks against fixed sites in TR mode, but it can also be retargeted in flight by using the radar seeker option

firstly i was joking and secondly it main target will be adversary shipping.

i've heard similar but no 100% confirmation from any source. masroor does have some of the 'oldest' mirage squadrons in PAF service so it does make sense.

i've heard similar but no 100% confirmation from any source. masroor does have some of the 'oldest' mirage squadrons in PAF service so it does make sense.

The integration of carrier killer missile recently maybe a sign of JF-17s stationing near the sea. But again its not the hard and fast rule. My source is an AVM so i would definitely go with it.

The integration of carrier killer missile recently maybe a sign of JF-17s stationing near the sea. But again its not the hard and fast rule. My source is an AVM so i would definitely go with it.

That brings the total number of JF-17 to how many?

1.So that is PAK naval aviation ?

2. I honestly dont understand most of guys here in forum actually want. The jf17 has everything even block 1 the only thing it lacks is AESA which will be added as the viable option is found. And the other fact is IRST. Not all the planes have IRST like American yet they are the best we admit it. JF17 radar is perfect for the 4th generation class better range than MIG 29 jets K or SMT they have 120 against 5m^2 but jf17 has a 140. it has now Carrier killer missile , aa missiles of many origins , HMD , RWR with 60 km ( turn off the radar use it like f22 , in enemy territory u have like small stealth radar hides u from enemy radar) EW suite built in that is one of the best thing, and many more. People rush about j10b but honestly jf17 is a j10A for sure only payload is less the radar has been upgraded and found greater range than j10 radar.

Most of **** guys are like this. Bought core i3 than again ask for core i5 processor to papa after 1 month but fools dont know that in case of gaming / mainstream software development they use no more than 2 or 3 cores and the benchmarks results in better fps on dual core. lolx this aint computer class but i mean to say is our requirements dont ask for more.

We have everything the size of armed forces is perfect for country of this size.

No idea about that. But i think PAF has much to learn from JF-17 before it hands it over to PN.

And the reason why some guys are still not satisfied with the JF-17 is when they compare it with the IAF's fleet of 180 MKI's and Mirages and Migs soon to be upgraded. Bisons are no more the prime air superiority platforms of IAF. Hence we desperately need a Block 52 class fighter in atleast 8 squadrons to give us 'good' defensive aswell as offensive capability.

That brings the total number of JF-17 to how many?

Didnt ask about that. I met him at someones walima so I couldnt get enough time of his for further questions.

PAF Base Masroor was considered for Third Squadron so was Samungli or at Minhas to replace the Mirage there. Haven't got any further information, but JF-17 is not completely ready for Naval role and there is a bit of development required to prepare it for Navy. Samungli will likely get 4th or 5th Squadron so it very well could be the Mirage at Sargodha.

What's taking it so long. PAF has added only 1 squadron in 3 years now...

An Elite member and a General with less posts and more thanks.

Chanda PAF has added 2 squadrons in 3 years. Black Panthers and Black Spiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom