What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the plan to circumvent the past problems caused by embargoes as you have mentioned. Better to have a reliable B+ airplane than a A-category one that cannot be relied upon in times of greatest need.

I am also sure that further development of the platform in the years to come will buff up the performance incrementally.

BTW, I loved this sentence: "The game might change once the chinese work out the chinks in their engines." I am sure you did not mean the great pun in there. Or did you? :D

The Chinese are making rapid strides in engine technology, and will likely catch up within a decade or two.

Naughty doc vcheng.
No I am not into slurs with a racial connotation. Chinks is not so commonly used here and therefore the mistake.
Araz

Naughty doc vcheng.
No I am not into slurs with a racial connotation. Chinks is not so commonly used here and therefore the mistake.
Araz

Thank you for the explanation.

I thought it best to request a clarification, that is all. :D

20100724_26.jpg

Nawaz is round pebble, policy less and passive. Allah tala ke fazl-o-karam aor ISI ki enayat se do bar wazeer-e-azam reh chukne ke bawajood khote ka khota. Phew.. PPP ka patwari, H&*RMI! Abhi bhi dil nahi thunda hua but enogh for now I guess :D

Coming back to Nawaz in JFT, in what capacity is he given this demonstration? He is not elected member of National or Provincial assembly neither he has any government position. He shouldn't access to military hardware at all.

Hi,

Being an ex prime minister and the leader of a major political party---he has the right to seek demonstration---it happens all the time.

OK , so WS-10 is fully ready and operational but the reason JF-17 can't have it is because WS-10 is too big? Did I get it right?

Yes, its more of a F-15 class engine.

RD-93MA with 98KN of thrust will be a real game changer for JF-17 Thunder!

Indeed, but our bets are at WS-13, with 100Kn of thrust, it will mean more weapons, more fuel and an awesome thrust to weight ratio. WS-13 deployment in lets say 5 years time will also, mean that we can effectively market the jet with no fear of sanctions.
ALL avionics and ALL weapons on JF-17 are either Chinese or Pakistani origin, only thing that doesn't belong to the thunder marketing team is the engine.

A better engine such as the F-100 would make the JF-17 airframe sparkle in performance, for sure. I have agreed many times before that what the plane needs is more power, as shown clearly by the flying displays. Without this improvement, the JF-17 will always fall short of its true potential.

Indeed JFT is looking for bit more power but only due to its latest developments i.e. multi racks, SD10 integration etc.

I wonder what particularly, you found missing in the airshows, which tells you about lack of power!

Go back and check out the take off video of JFT at farbourough, on their way home to Pakistan.
After that take off any lay man can tell you this plane is good to takeoff from sea carrier, while you are making this thread run in circles on issues debated to death.

Reality is that this a/c was designed considering the old RD-93, whereas current RD-93 is a high thrust version.
How can you expect PAF to have mistakes in there design calculations, while they were designing a/c around the available engine, which is really not difficult to work out!

On top of that JFT has shed loads of weight, which was considered in the original design calculations, while designing JFT with original RD-93.

Again, more power can be helpfull but not beyond certain limit, or JFT need to add more load... either a more wattage in alternator or more weight on wings or more fuel capacity.
In all cases JFT and engine need to undergo major changes and that might be another beast altogether.

I may be worried over other issues of JFT but engine power/thrust is not in my list.

JFT need to work on is avionics and shall take it to next level, which will be second to non.

Indeed JFT is looking for bit more power but only due to its latest developments i.e. multi racks, SD10 integration etc.

I wonder what particularly, you found missing in the airshows, which tells you about lack of power!

Go back and check out the take off video of JFT at farbourough, on their way home to Pakistan..............

Please compare that performance with what is possible with a true better than unity T:W ratio:

I will happily change my opinion if you can show me a video where a JF-17 pulls into a vertical climb straight after take-off like the F-16 does in the video above from 00:35 to about 1:00 (and later as well). It cannot do that with its present engine, hence my comment about lack of power. (We can talk about roll rates, high AoA maneuvers and the rest later if need be.)

Last edited by a moderator:
20100724_26.jpg

As a response to the blondie picture, its called

"BEAST IN THE BEAUTY"

(sorry to the supporters of nawaz sharif, although i doubt many of the educated people actually do support him----however just in case :))

My question is, why does he have a Zardari type smirk on his face?

Then why can't we take WS-13 instead of RD-93MA ?
WS-13 gives 100KN Thrust against 98KN of RD-93MA.

Why not the better one ?

Russians have alot of experience in engine technology , unlike the Chinese. It would take some time for the Chinese to figure out and solve the problems in WS-13. So when WS-13 is fully ready and operational for JF-17 , PAF will surely deploy this engine in the aircraft that will form the backbone of entire airforce in coming decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom