What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
20100724_26.jpg

As a response to the blondie picture, its called

"BEAST IN THE BEAUTY"

(sorry to the supporters of nawaz sharif, although i doubt many of the educated people actually do support him----however just in case :))

RD-93MA most probably
chinese engine will take some time to get matured enough...

That would be up to PAF, Block III is most probable to have WS-13 in 100 KN class, because it's planned post 2016, cant wait though .... already so much good news surfacing up.....

Our colleague tempest II was kind enough to post this ...

For those who don't speak Chinese, here is a brief summary of what was said in that video.

The interview is with an Engineer Zhang, who is one of the engineers on the project team that developed the CM-400AKG.

Key Missile stats:
-Range: 100-240km
-Speed: Up to 5.5M
-Diameter: 400mm (zhang did not say if this is with or without fins, but I think it's pretty obvious that this is without fins)
-Length: 5.2m
-Weight: 900kg (approx)
-Guidance: Inertia + Terminal, Terminal guidance methods include: Passive Radar, IR or Visible light (I assume he meant TV guidance).

Other useful bits include repeated emphasis that the missile's entire flight is within the atmosphere (so this isn't an air launched ballistic missile).

Interestingly, when asked to give examples of the kinds of targets the CM-400AKG might be used against, Zhang listed mostly land based high value fixed targets, like command centers, bridges, air defense radar, or even ship borne radar.

With everyone jumping on the 'carrier killer' bandwagon, it appears that the anti-radiation element of this missile's capabilities have been completely overlooked, but I think that the fact that this missile can be configured to be used a 240km M5.5 anti-radiation missile is by far the biggest and most important revelation from the whole interview (maybe the whole air show). The PLA is still relying mainly on YJ82s and YJ62s for AShM work because the CM-400AKG is not primarily an anti-ship missile.

Instead of calling the CM-400AKG a 'carrier killer' a far more appropriate nickname might be 'patriot killer'.

Considering China's access to Russian S300 missile systems and the specs of the missile, if Pakistan also has the ARM version of the CM-400AKG, its impact on the balance of military power in the region could be profound as could potentially allow them to field an effective counter against the best SAMs deployed in the region.

The fact that China seemed to have developed an IR sensor that can function at up to 5.5M speeds is another small but important revelation that makes an ASBM seem more credible.

Now, by posting this the only hurdle left for convincing some angry members is an official link .... so till then hold your horses cuz according to those very angry members JANES or an official representing the weapon does not count in "OFFICIAL LINK" :P

And further more ..........
JF-17_Carried_Weapons.jpg

Then why can't we take WS-13 instead of RD-93MA ?
WS-13 gives 100KN Thrust against 98KN of RD-93MA.

Why not the better one ?

Im just editing the post to answer your little question, the fact is
-Chinese engine is not mature enough and there is a future variant in 100 KN class not the current one.
-Secondly RD-93 MA may power only a few JF-17's (if it ever makes it) because we only have an open window for 50 odd fighter aircrafts, which are going to start to be inducted from next year or so, if it is chosen instead of WS-13 then it may power Block III as well if PAF is not satisfied with the WS-13..

Then why can't we take WS-13 instead of RD-93MA ?
WS-13 gives 100KN Thrust against 98KN of RD-93MA.

Why not the better one ?

Now, by posting this the only hurdle left for convincing some angry members is an official link .... so till then hold your horses cuz according to those very angry members JANES or an official representing the weapon does not count in "OFFICIAL LINK" :P

Do we look like we care , my friend ? :D ... Well , just imagine a hypersonic missile of this sort taking out fixed post installations , high level radars , SAM sites and other objects ! Wont that be sight , the enemy wont even know what hit it ... I wish PAF was more open to revealing information though :(

Where are the weapons In That picture?? Ohh Wait That picture made my day!

There is a BOMB in that picture. But anyways. Back to serious discussion. :)

So there are two versions of CM-400AKG. One that can be used against and sea and naval targets and the other one that has the anti-radiation capability and can be used against Radars and SAM. Right?

20100724_26.jpg

Nawaz is round pebble, policy less and passive. Allah tala ke fazl-o-karam aor ISI ki enayat se do bar wazeer-e-azam reh chukne ke bawajood khote ka khota. Phew.. PPP ka patwari, H&*RMI! Abhi bhi dil nahi thunda hua but enogh for now I guess :D

Coming back to Nawaz in JFT, in what capacity is he given this demonstration? He is not elected member of National or Provincial assembly neither he has any government position. He shouldn't access to military hardware at all.

PAF should have been working on ram jet by now with china need long range missile with totally fire and forget SD10 in medium range need 145 of 160 km missiles the JF17 hard points are the bottle neck over here i think the current version can be modded with 2 more hard points may be three one for the pods like the F16B52 but need more reliable engine and thrust to

PAF should have been working on ram jet by now with china need long range missile with totally fire and forget SD10 in medium range need 145 of 160 km missiles the JF17 hard points are the bottle neck over here i think the current version can be modded with 2 more hard points may be three one for the pods like the F16B52 but need more reliable engine and thrust to
RAM JET is not a tech i see in the hands of china for another 15 20 years let alone PAF...as for sd10 well there is a B version and from what i have read there is a proper future plan to upgrade the entire BVR systems just like AIM 120 AMRAM ...well hard points can not be increased or decreased without a MAJOR reconstruction of the entire structure...that is u not only need reinforcements on wings and fuselage(where ever u want a hard point) u also need to review the performance of entire structure after that change...however there is a simpler solution to the hard point problem and that is in the form of duel rail and from what we have seen J 10 already have one integrated and it is possible to do the same for JF 17.....pods r most likely placed on the fuselage hae=rd points and again it is a hard job to make that happen...but for an aprox 15 mil$ plane u already have more value...these little problems can be dealt with in the near future

20100724_26.jpg

Nawaz is round pebble, policy less and passive. Allah tala ke fazl-o-karam aor ISI ki enayat se do bar wazeer-e-azam reh chukne ke bawajood khote ka khota. Phew.. PPP ka patwari, H&*RMI! Abhi bhi dil nahi thunda hua but enogh for now I guess :D

Coming back to Nawaz in JFT, in what capacity is he given this demonstration? He is not elected member of National or Provincial assembly neither he has any government position. He shouldn't access to military hardware at all.

That pic looks Photoshopped!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom