What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said several countries had shown interest in acquiring these aircraft, adding that he was confident that JF-17 would soon be seen flying in the Middle East and Far East.

Ah middle east too? Is Egypt considered to be part of middle east?

Yup.. middle east countries include

Traditional definition of the Middle East
Bahrain
Cyprus
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Iraqi Kurdistan (not fully sovereign)
Israel
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Northern Cyprus (not recognized)
Oman
Palestinian territories (not fully sovereign)
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Syria
United Arab Emirates
Yemen

So will PAC be able to produce about 25++ in Block-II versions of JF-17 that will include export as well as 100 for PAF???

^^ Agreed Sir,

Found another video just. Watch from 00:37-00:43 seconds. It lift straight up but the pilot just turn left at same moment. I think JF-17 can pull up straight (still it can't be sexier like F-16 A/B :no:)

Hi,

Again in this video---the wheels are hanging out for so long---the plane is in full flight but for the wheels----how much drag does that put on the plane---tremendous amount---.

The F16's I have seen taking off straight up---the moment they leave the tarmac---the wheels are tucked in immediately---and there is nothing stopping the F16 to zoooooooom straight up----.

Otoh---this wheels thing---I have seen in all the JF17 display videos---wheels hanging---is it intentional---paf doesnot want to show off in public!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Again in this video---the wheels are hanging out for so long---the plane is in full flight but for the wheels----how much drag does that put on the plane---tremendous amount---.

The F16's I have seen taking off straight up---the moment they leave the tarmac---the wheels are tucked in immediately---and there is nothing stopping the F16 to zoooooooom straight up----.

Otoh---this wheels thing---I have seen in all the JGF17 display videos---wheels hanging---is it intentional---paf doesnot want to show off in public!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could be pilot training or also difference in protocols between USAF and PAF for peacetime sorties

'PAC Kamra capable of exporting JF-17 Thunder jets'
November 11, 2012

Pakistan has the capacity to export indigenously manufactured JF-17 Thunder fighter jet after meeting PAF requirements, Chairman of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra, Air Marshal Sohail Gul said on Saturday. In an interview on Saturday, Air Marshal Sohail Gul said that 60 percent of the fighter aircraft's airframe would be manufactured in Pakistan by next year.

He said that so far, PAF had been supplied 47 JF-17 Thunders, adding that three more would be handed over to the air force by the end of this year. Air Marshal Sohail Gul said the current manufacturing/ assembly capacity was 16 per year, which could be enhanced to 25 or 26, depending on demand. He said several countries had shown interest in acquiring these aircraft, adding that he was confident that JF-17 would soon be seen flying in the Middle East and Far East.

'PAC Kamra capable of exporting JF-17 Thunder jets' | Business Recorder

Thanks..
There was much confusion about how many JF-17 PAF has got...
So 47 it is at the moment.

The build rate as of now is 16/Year, which could be enhanced to 25-26 next year, depending on demand (PAC Chairman on November 11, 2012) :)

That statement does not readily agree with the earlier statement that exports will start when PAF demands have been met!

That statement does not readily agree with the earlier statement that exports will start when PAF demands have been met!

If i am not wrong PAF demand was 50?
The news report says 3 more will be deliverd by the end of this year,that means the requieed 50 will be given to PAF this year.
Next year they can start production for export if any.

There is just too much talk of export - and it's entirely unjustified - lets focus on this ship and what it ought to mean not just for PAF infrastructure but defense industrial infrastructure as a whole in Pakistan - We are at a very early stage in this design development, lets always be mindful of this.

^^ Agreed Sir,

Found another video just. Watch from 00:37-00:43 seconds. It lift straight up but the pilot just turn left at same moment. I think JF-17 can pull up straight (still it can't be sexier like F-16 A/B :no:)

Hi,

Otoh---this wheels thing---I have seen in all the JF17 display videos---wheels hanging---is it intentional---paf doesnot want to show off in public!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its kind of signature move take off copied from F-18s they usually do such take off in Int airshows.
P.S JF-17 airshow performances are more influenced by F-18s.

Farnbrough Air Show 2008 F18 Super Hornet - YouTube
F-18 Super hornet malaysia demo - YouTube

now if the jft production of block 1 stops this year and mass production starTed on 30 June 2009

means total 42 months and 51 jft produced(1 crashed)

now if the jft production of block 1 stops this year and mass production starTed on 30 June 2009

means total 42 months and 51 jft produced(1 crashed)

Thats good production rate for a small manufacturing facility...PAC Kamra.

Thats good production rate for a small manufacturing facility...PAC Kamra.

Google about pac nawabshah plant

almost completed.4 times bigger than pac Kamra

that plant could enhance the jft production capacity and can meet export orders as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom