What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't use Sukhoi to formulate tactics. We have regular exercises with USAF and other airforces of the world which enables our pilots to simulate against real F16s

Actually in that regard Pakistan is much better.....as it can practice against the frontline Chinese flankers....the Su 27, Su30s and the J-11 and j-16s as well as the j-10s and J-20. You don't get that kind of variety!! What is left? Rafale? I believe PAF test flew it back in the day...

We don't use Sukhoi to formulate tactics. We have regular exercises with USAF and other airforces of the world which enables our pilots to simulate against real F16s

Did you forget this?

27_118741_af6433e049bc830.jpg

PAK+Pilots+On+Sukhoi%2527s+Su-30+Fighter+Jet.jpg

PAK+Pilots+On+Sukhoi%2527s+Su-30+Fighter+Jet_1.jpg

I still consider myself a novice when it comes to this. Coming back to the dog fight thingy, relevance is one thing, boasting over is an altogether different. I never implied that all engagements will take place at BVR however do you agree that majority will specially considering how modern 4.5th and 5th generation fighters would like to take their opponents out before getting into visual range or dog fights.
I have seen alot of posts where members boast about how JF-17 beat F-16 in dog fight. My post was specially targeted towards that audience which unfortunately includes you too.

maybe you need to read my post again bro, you forgot the primary reason why dogfights are still a norm when it comes to tactics and pilot skill. This does not mean BVR tactics are not necessary and PAF has put special emphasis on this. This thread is on jf-17 and i have already seen many posts that only contribute to a thread drift. To keep it simple, no one is boasting whether jft is super duper or a heavenly gift but it is a weapon system that has allowed us so many options to exercise that was never the case before in our history.

maybe you need to read my post again bro, you forgot the primary reason why dogfights are still a norm when it comes to tactics and pilot skill. This does not mean BVR tactics are not necessary and PAF has put special emphasis on this. This thread is on jf-17 and i have already seen many posts that only contribute to a thread drift. To keep it simple, no one is boasting whether jft is super duper or a heavenly gift but it is a weapon system that has allowed us so many options to exercise that was never the case before in our history.

You are entitled to your opinion. Perhaps we shall leave it to that. But i would say this that fall sense of security has on many occasions resulted in our downfall.

Actually in that regard Pakistan is much better.....as it can practice against the frontline Chinese flankers....the Su 27, Su30s and the J-11 and j-16s as well as the j-10s and J-20. You don't get that kind of variety!! What is left? Rafale? I believe PAF test flew it back in the day...

Su30MKI are different fighters with Israeli & French systems. So you cannot say that u can develop a doctrine against it by practising against Su30MKK. Su27 is altogether different as it is the single seater. I don't understand how are u getting practice against J20, maybe the god themselves are bending down to help u. and J10s are again completely different, so practice with them doesn't matter.

On the other hand, Pakistani F16s are standard blocks of the aircraft, which means their capabilities are same for a particular block all over the world. So it is easy for us to formulate doctrine for them.

And plz don't talk about variety. We have practised against all the migs, most sukhois, we are teaching Malaysian & Singaporeans(singapore uses F16), we have practiced against EFT, against F16, F15, F18, we have even practiced against Japanese jets, but then again, only practice against F16 counts in the scenario we are talking about.

Su30MKI are different fighters with Israeli & French systems. So you cannot say that u can develop a doctrine against it by practising against Su30MKK. Su27 is altogether different as it is the single seater. I don't understand how are u getting practice against J20, maybe the god themselves are bending down to help u. and J10s are again completely different, so practice with them doesn't matter.

On the other hand, Pakistani F16s are standard blocks of the aircraft, which means their capabilities are same for a particular block all over the world. So it is easy for us to formulate doctrine for them.

And plz don't talk about variety. We have practised against all the migs, most sukhois, we are teaching Malaysian & Singaporeans(singapore uses F16), we have practiced against EFT, against F16, F15, F18, we have even practiced against Japanese jets, but then again, only practice against F16 counts in the scenario we are talking about.

And all of these experiences have taken by PAF pilots..
PAF pilots dont just fly their own jets..
You will find them wearing Turkish uniforms on exchange.. or flying with the PLAAF..
You have had them in the backseat(and front seat in some cases) of Saudi,UAE and Indonesian aircraft.
Its just the hulabaloo that is avoided.
It doesn't take away the excellent exp India gets from Singaporean F-16's practising on their turf..
but to pooh pooh the PAF because it doesn't explicitly show off its cross training is rather egoistical and foolish pride.

Which is still beyond this topic.. in any case.

This is jf-17 thread, stick to the topic and dont bring MKI in every thread plz

:rofl: :rofl: :lol: :confused: :what:

5 days and not a single post. That's unlike this forum.

Did anyone checked that JF-17 Video on thewingmakers.com. Its on youtube as well. I am a newbee here and can't load the video link.

Excellent job done by thewingmakers.

You are entitled to your opinion. Perhaps we shall leave it to that. But i would say this that fall sense of security has on many occasions resulted in our downfall.

maybe in other areas, but the PAF has held its own.

I was wondering why haven't we seen this aircraft yet.
JH-7B-fighter-new-Chinese-stealth-fighter-519x620.jpg
Its intakes suggest this is a stealth aircraft and those intakes are more-or-less similar to JF-17. I was wondering if stealth version of JFT going to incorporate the same or was it JFT itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom