What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, the third squadron might not be up and running, but rest assured production at Kamra has not stopped, so new planes are being built and pilots trained. In due time more squadrons will be inducted.

1st order of 50 examples has been completed. 8 original a/c supplied from China. 42 produced at Kamra. 1 attrition. my info is that now 16 & 26 sqdn have 16 a/c each. there are 16 a/c available for raising the 3rd squadron but not enough pilots as yet.

1st order of 50 examples has been completed. 8 original a/c supplied from China. 42 produced at Kamra. 1 attrition. my info is that now 16 & 26 sqdn have 16 a/c each. there are 16 a/c available for raising the 3rd squadron but not enough pilots as yet.

Since a trainer variant ain't present as yet , most of the pilots must be getting trained on Simulators ?

There was also the one that was sent back to China from the original 8. Pt-6 I believe. Still has the PAF's scheme.

fc-1JF-17Thunderyj83C-802AAnti-Shipcruisemissilewithrangeof180kilometers255c803yj83PLAAFNavyattackoperationalmaritimefighterjetpakistanairfo.jpg

There was also the one that was sent back to China from the original 8. Pt-6 I believe. Still has the PAF's scheme.

fc-1JF-17Thunderyj83C-802AAnti-Shipcruisemissilewithrangeof180kilometers255c803yj83PLAAFNavyattackoperationalmaritimefighterjetpakistanairfo.jpg

PT-04 was re-sent to China for some sort of testing / Integration back in 2011. The original 8 delivered by China were (JF-17 Sr # 101 to 108), dont confuse them with PTs. Prototypes never enter in service for combat purpose. PT-01 to 06 all were made for testing not for raising any combat Sqn.

here is the pic
XhesZ.png

Now the real question kicks in. Will Block-1 will be upgraded to Block-2 standard and does it have room to add IFR in it? and all the other internal upgrades or going by the "Rumor" they will not be upgraded? and will they be upgraded quickly after block 2 induction or later?

Now the real question kicks in. Will Block-1 will be upgraded to Block-2 standard and does it have room to add IFR in it? and all the other internal upgrades or going by the "Rumor" they will not be upgraded? and will they be upgraded quickly after block 2 induction or later?

they will be upgraded when needed but as of now, they are only second to blk 52+ in PAF inventory in terms of weapons, avionics and radar so there is no need to go for up-gradation for a few years. Let it replace the bulk of obsolete Mirages and F-7s then we may see up-gradation commencement on blk 1 which will take some years.

they will be upgraded when needed but as of now, they are only second to blk 52+ in PAF inventory in terms of weapons, avionics and radar so there is no need to go for up-gradation for a few years. Let it replace the bulk of obsolete Mirages and F-7s then we may see up-gradation commencement on blk 1 which will take some years.

if block 1 is second to block 52 and there is no need of upgradation than why block 2 and 3 of JF 17 coming ?

In simple words. They would not be upgraded and that rumour has substance in it

You are saying this like PAF is riddled with world class 4 or 4.5 generation aircrafts and out of which jf-17 stands only second to block-52. A lay man even know that f-16 with around 30 years old avionics without being upgraded for so long (which by the way they are now) will be inferior in terms of avionics and weapons to an aircraft that is produced ~ 25 years after it leave alone mirages and f-7s.

We have this statement atleast 1000 times on this forum and i was not expecting it again and that too from a think tank , how many time do we want to exaggerate things?

They are second to block 52 so we should not upgrade them and keep them as second fiddles to block 52s that by the way are only 18 in numbers and somebody told us dont ever try to exceed block 52s in avionics and be always second to it other wise it will be against the laws of aerodynamics?

oh wait and may be because we are going to face a weak adversary with junk and obsolete aircrafts that too no more than a hundred so relax we can knock them out with even retired a-5s . amazing!!!

Click here to view the original image of 800x387px.

Mani
It is precisely for the reason that PAF is not riddled with 4/4.5 generation aircrafts that the JFTs do not need to be upgraded straight away. As it stands it gives us valuable platforms which can carry BVRs which most of our current inventory cannot. JFT BL1s may be upgraded later as the current inventory gets replaced. Having IRST on a probe or built in is of little consequence at this point in time

No one is exaggerating any facts and we are not in the habit of chest thumping. You may have noticed that news on bl2 has dried up.So we need to wait and see what difference the new block has compared to the old block. All that we know is that externally the differencez would be minimal.
ARAZ

Its more important to upgrade hundreds of 2/3 generation fighters to 4th gen fighter category with modular design that can be later upgradable in our limited resources , than upgrading a newly built 4rth gen fighter to 4.5 category in the same timeframe

Today is !st of August 2012 : we were suppose to start getting our block 2 JF17 but don't have any sign of them. Looks like we won't get them until the end of this year or most probably the next year.........:undecided:
I guess we dream too much and the outcomes are always the adverse about our efficiencies.........:smokin:

Mani 2020, below are your answers,

You are saying this like PAF is riddled with world class 4 or 4.5 generation aircrafts and out of which jf-17 stands only second to block-52. A lay man even know that f-16 with around 30 years old avionics without being upgraded for so long (which by the way they are now) will be inferior in terms of avionics and weapons to an aircraft that is produced ~ 25 years after it leave alone mirages and f-7s.

Read the post again, you seem to have mistaken blk 15 with 52

We have this statement atleast 1000 times on this forum and i was not expecting it again and that too from a think tank , how many time do we want to exaggerate things?

Which thing is exactly exaggerated in my post can you highlight it?

They are second to block 52 so we should not upgrade them and keep them as second fiddles to block 52s that by the way are only 18 in numbers and somebody told us dont ever try to exceed block 52s in avionics and be always second to it other wise it will be against the laws of aerodynamics?

And i have also repeated more than a thousand times that jf-17 is NOT meant to be the top notch frontline fighter, as advanced as it may become in future batches, its primary purpose is to replace the obsolete fleet with sole purpose to provide protection to our skies with efficient EW, radar, avioncs and weapons and when required, can also be used for limited strike. As per my info, PAF is inducting j-10 for this very purpose which will fulfil the high end until something new is emerged from China.

oh wait and may be because we are going to face a weak adversary with junk and obsolete aircrafts that too no more than a hundred so relax we can knock them out with even retired a-5s . amazing!!![/QUOTE]

Last part is just ridiculous and reflects that you were in a panic mode.

Since a trainer variant ain't present as yet , most of the pilots must be getting trained on Simulators ?

one of the squadrons (16 or 26) is also acting as an OCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom