What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering why haven't we seen this aircraft yet.
JH-7B-fighter-new-Chinese-stealth-fighter-519x620.jpg
Its intakes suggest this is a stealth aircraft and those intakes are more-or-less similar to JF-17. I was wondering if stealth version of JFT going to incorporate the same or was it JFT itself?

Source or any background on the pic ???

Its intakes suggest this is a stealth aircraft and those intakes are more-or-less similar to JF-17. I was wondering if stealth version of JFT going to incorporate the same or was it JFT itself?

stealthy version is on paper yet...:)

Its a CG picture of a JH-7B fighter-bomber.

I still consider myself a novice when it comes to this. Coming back to the dog fight thingy, relevance is one thing, boasting over is an altogether different. I never implied that all engagements will take place at BVR however do you agree that majority will specially considering how modern 4.5th and 5th generation fighters would like to take their opponents out before getting into visual range or dog fights.
I have seen alot of posts where members boast about how JF-17 beat F-16 in dog fight. My post was specially targeted towards that audience which unfortunately includes you too.

just out of curiosity i am asking that , can you give some details of any mock-up combat air exercises which involves a P.a.f. 's jf-17 thunder chasing down another P.a.f.'s f-16 fighter and vice versa ... :pakistan:

as it'll be very very interesting to know the lock-ons between these two smarties ... :pop:
:pakistan:

Will it be single engine?

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;3237371 said:
just out of curiosity i am asking that , can you give some details of any mock-up combat air exercises which involves a P.a.f. 's jf-17 thunder chasing down another P.a.f.'s f-16 fighter and vice versa ... :pakistan:

as it'll be very very interesting to know the lock-ons between these two smarties ... :pop:
:pakistan:
No details are known.

Will it be single engine?
No. This is a twin engine prototype of a Chinese 'stealth' bomber.

Regular military exchanges between Pakistan and China to further strengthen strategic ties

BEIJING, July 30 (APP): Regular exchanges between the armed forces of Pakistan and China would deepen the existing strategic ties and give further push to the all-weather and time-tested friendship between the two countries. Ambassador Masood Khan expressed these views while speaking at an impressive graduation ceremony of the 2nd Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC)-Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Officer Development Programme (APOD) held in Beijing Saturday.

The Pakistan Envoy in China expressed deepest appreciation to AVIC, China National Aero-Technology Import and Export Corporation (CATIC), and the AVIC University for organizing an advanced and sophisticated programme with rich contents for the participants from the PAF.

The next step should be closer ties between AVIC University and the PAF, said Ambassador Masood Khan.

The APOD is a one-month course conducted by the AVIC University for officers from the Engineering Branch of the PAF. The course is especially designed to impart knowledge to the participants in a wide range of general and technical subjects.
At the heart of this course lies the deep trust between the government, people and institutions of China and Pakistan, said Ambassador Masood Khan.

He said that PAF is playing an important role in the defence of Pakistan and we are proud of its achievements. The interface between PAF and AVIC University would open new avenues of cooperation, he added.

Praising the role of AVIC in China’s aviation industry, Ambassador Masood Khan said that the AVIC University is leading Chinese aviation industry’s academic competence and practical performance. PAF is proud of its association with AVIC and CATIC, he said.

Terming the friendship between Pakistan and China as legendary, Masood Khan said that the PAF and AVIC/CATIC have played a key role in cementing the defence ties between the two countries. They have collaborated in co-producing an advanced technological platform in the form of JF-17 fighter aircraft, he added.

In Pakistan, JF-17 aircraft has become a symbol of Pakistan-China friendship, said Masood Khan. “This is our countries’ pride,” he said.

Tan Ruisong, President of AVIC also spoke on the occasion and expressed hope that the course would promote better understanding of the technological advancements being made by China in the field of aviation.

He underlined that the interaction between PAF and AVIC would boost the defence cooperation between the armed forces of the two countries.

The leader of the PAF delegation, Air Commodore Nadeem Athar, highlighted various aspects of the course and thanked AVIC University for preparing an elaborate and professional course for the participants.

Ambassador Masood Khan said that the AVIC-APOD programme now adds an important dimension of training, capacity building and exchanges of perspectives on history, culture and modern exchanges between Pakistan and China.

The course has helped the PAF officers to understand what modern China is all about, Masood Khan said.

The 2nd APOD lasted from June 29 to July 30, 2012. Twenty officers from the PAF participated in the course. The first course was held last year.

Ma Zhiping, President CATIC and other leading Chinese officials were also present on the occasion.

officially confirmed 38 in service as of dubai airshow 2011 nov..

Hi, the third squadron might not be up and running, but rest assured production at Kamra has not stopped, so new planes are being built and pilots trained. In due time more squadrons will be inducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom