What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No there is no RAM PAINT. First step toward reduce RCS is using composites than they go for RAM paint and shaping the plane. JF-17 is still in the process of introducing composites on it self.

but sir in najam bhai's book on jf 17 thunder,it was stated that the area along the side of fuselage is coated with RAM...!

but sir in najam bhai's book on jf 17 thunder,it was stated that the area along the side of fuselage is coated with RAM...!

Composites A.K.A Radar absorbent materials (RAM) and composite usage in Block 1 is very low, 20-40 percent compare to Gripen or LCA which has high percentage of composites in their respective Block 1

Composites A.K.A Radar absorbent materials (RAM) and composite usage in Block 1 is very low, 20-40 percent compare to Gripen or LCA which has high percentage of composites in their respective Block 1

so it can be assumed that block 1 is having RAM ( though very very limited )

Oh Sorry Bro.
I Don't know about Dis.
Mod : Del my Post plj
If u Don't mind & Anyone Guide me, How to Post's ?
U can delete ure own posts through edit button under ure posts.
Another thing. read the thread and don't post the stuff already posted before. I mean post the new stuff/latest info related to the thread or the article under discussion.For ure info gathering U can use new science Journals or the latest newspapers etc etc.......okay

Oh Sorry Bro.
I Don't know about Dis.
Mod : Del my Post plj
If u Don't mind & Anyone Guide me, How to Post's ?

Whatever the seniors here post, the latest and detailed information or analysis, you have got to add something of your own to it, or if you don't feel it meets your views, explain how and why.

For example the next Squadron of JF-17 will be raised at PAF Base Minhas, Kamra within 3 months. You can add more information if you have, like 14 units would be in the new squadron, with 2 units from existing squadrons moved in. Or you can argue against it, that PAF Minhas was not a good place to station it, it must have been Sargodha or Masroor.

AFAIK composites are not the same thing as RAM coatings which he talks about, infact simply adding composites is not likely going to decrease your RCS that much

“The fact that stealth aircrafts are made from composites has already taken a deep hold in aviation folklore. After all , Such, At least is the popular theory. What may prove surprising is that the use of composites is not one of the most significant RCS reduction measures.”

“The role played by composites in reducing RCS is a more subtle one”

Source : (“Stealth war planes” by Doug Richardson)

jf-17_thunder_ventral_fin_02-300x235.jpg

jf-17_thunder_ventral_fin_01-300x200.jpg

Two ventral fins are located under the rear fuselage and flaps joint. These fins increase the maneuverability of the aircraft. During greater weapon load take off and loose handling, these fins serve as the last option to save the aircrafts rearward belly from hitting the ground. The area along the side of fuselage is coated with Radar Absorbing Material (RAM), which decreases the radar signature of the aircraft. JF-17 is one of the fewest aircraft with smaller visual/IR and radar signature.
JF-17 Thunder
(Najam Khan's book on JF-17)

Now as far as how much RAM goes..the answer is "No one knows"...there are possibilities both ways which are debatable but the fact is "JF-17 does have a RAM coating"

AFAIK composites are not the same thing as RAM coatings which he talks about, infact simply adding composites is not likely going to decrease your RCS that much

Now as far as how much RAM goes..the answer is "No one knows"...there are possibilities both ways which are debatable but the fact is "JF-17 does have a RAM coating"

JF17 has less RAM for now but Jf17 design has also Decreased the RCS Especially the Less edges and DSI

Any news on when JF 17 Block 2 is rolling out? I have heard many source saying it is due this month but still nothing so far? So what do you guys think, anybody got a news on our JF 17 Block 2?

I will to hear from our Chinese friends as well.

Any news on when JF 17 Block 2 is rolling out? I have heard many source saying it is due this month but still nothing so far? So what do you guys think, anybody got a news on our JF 17 Block 2?

I will to hear from our Chinese friends as well.
Hope for the best and it should roll out this month because we really need to replace our old planes as soon as possible and we need to have 250 JF-17 Block 2 by the end of 2015 or maximum in 2016 we really need to speed up the work on our projects

Does any body over here think that Chinese F 60 is JF 17 Block 2. I really hope it is.

Hope for the best and it should roll out this month because we really need to replace our old planes as soon as possible and we need to have 250 JF-17 Block 2 by the end of 2015 or maximum in 2016 we really need to speed up the work on our projects

I agree with you on this 100%. PAF needs to replace its aging fleet with new fighter jets ASAP. I hope to see J 10B soon in PAF colors & I hope the number of J 10B increases to somewhere near 150 to 200. Not to mention Pak Army also needs to replace it's aged fleet of Helicopters.

There was no need to open a new thread for the question. Please see info in JFT section. MODS please merge this thread with the thunder Discussion thread
Araz

there is a dedicated JF-17 thread.... go for it..... my god you want 250 jets with in 3 or 4 years:woot:... be realistic man.... that meanz 84/63 fighters should be produced per year :rofl:

there is a dedicated JF-17 thread.... go for it..... my god you want 250 jets with in 3 or 4 years:woot:... be realistic man.... that meanz 84/63 fighters should be produced per year :rofl:

50 have been produced already, another 50 were promised by China last year. That leaves around 150 Thunders over 4 years for Pakistan and China to produce or roughly 75-80 each. Even 80 each would make it 15-20/year so 250 by 2017/18 is quite possibly a better target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom