What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PL5EII has 40G and 45 deg off boresight capability that's why

yes it is only optional we wont be seeing HMD on jf17

there is a dedicated JF-17 thread.... go for it..... my god you want 250 jets with in 3 or 4 years:woot:... be realistic man.... that meanz 84/63 fighters should be produced per year :rofl:

Who says Jf-17 will only have 1 production line?

There are Few important things of pakistan armed forces being leaked through these internet articles and forums ... Truth actually the fact is nothing is going to be published online about Pakistan armed forces assets development news ...

No HMS/D is operational on block 1 or can be used in war scenario No HMS/D tested on JF-17. Once they saw south african HMD testing on some dummy but that was not tested inside JF-17.
because no missile in JF-17 inventory which has off bore sight capability?

I have checked further. In fact the PL-5EII can be used with a HMS : China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation - Air-to-Air Missile

Dominance of PL-5EⅡ:
Good target detection performance
All-aspect attack
Anti-jamming capability
Helmet mounted sight (HMS) slaving
Sufficient overload capability

I am still checking but the HMS capability might be what differentiates the PL-5EII from the PL-5E.

Does any body over here think that Chinese F 60 is JF 17 Block 2. I really hope it is.

F-60 is a different project by a different company i.e. SAC, jf-17 is a CAC/ PAC product, how can F-60 be jf-17 blk2?

PL-5EII has a new cooled seeker, much better resistance to flares and jamming, a new motor and increased range and a high offboresight capability, it is in some dimensions, better than PL-9C and AIM-9M.

And better maneuverability than other PL-5E models.

Oh boy .. numbers confusion again..

Why dont noobs ever bother to read through first.

There is NO.. I repeat.. NO..
Repeat again.. NO further order given by the PAF beyond the initial 150.
one hundred and fifty JF-17's... 151 if you count the attrition replacement.

the First batch.. the block-I's.. 50(or 49)+1
The Second Batch.. The block-II's..50
The Third Batch.. The Block-III's.. 50

No helmet mounted display yet for either block-I or II ..but the avionics and PL-5E-II is compatible with it.

if iam not wrong there is atleast an option to add another 100..?? the order of 150 was from the beginning with 100 optional?
why is PAF not opting for HMD for jf-17?

dont all of you think HMS is very important part of WVR scenerios now?
so why no HMD for either block 1 or block 2?

May be because Pakistani pilots are more uded to doing things manually instead of totally relying on electronics and computers.

May be because Pakistani pilots are more uded to doing things manually instead of totally relying on electronics and computers.

That is an incorrect assumption.
Todays PAF pilot is all about electronics..
Even the Relatively outdated F-7PG pilots use mission planners to update their built in GPS stpts..
And their WVR systems are mated to a Chinese HMS.

what radar does this use? PESA?
how many units can Pakistan make annually?

I think this plane is just a beginning, it has room for so more improvement.
more powerful engine,AESA radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom