What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
krash do you have the software to get the snaps of the videos? as there were roughly 7-8 presentation slides in this video that can be used for the info pool thread-- thanks!

ANTIBODY, use the Print screen option. Thats what we all use.

^^^ Not fair Mr.Tempest you beat me to it :)

8ddb8e73.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

hms.jpg

Hi, kindly please also note in the slides displayed by Mr Tempest, that the air to air mission of the JF-17 includes dual rack BVR stations. So it is true the JF-17 can carry dual rack BVRs in the innermost wing stations.

I wonder why joystick in the middle of this JF-17 cockpit? I would prefer F-16s joystick on the comfort right hand. I think, middle joystick is difficult handling.

Hi Mr. RaptorRX707, the F-16 pilot seat is angled quite a bit, and the pilot is quasi-lying down. In addition, in order to take advantage of the bubble canopy view, there is a need to have a sidestick. This might not be the case for the JF-17 pilot seat.

Hi, kindly please also note in the slides displayed by Mr Tempest, that the air to air mission of the JF-17 includes dual rack BVR stations. So it is true the JF-17 can carry dual rack BVRs in the innermost wing stations.
ANG, the bottom half of the presentation is A2G configuration. So the dual rack are for 250kg bombs. In the presentation he then mentions “1000km” for the range in that configuration so I added that.
However if you consider that the SD-10 weight is under 200kg, then using dual racks for SD-10 is minimal effort and is a matter of time.

PAF to develop / raise third JF-17 fighter squadron

17 November 2011

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) may develop a third squadron for the indigenously produced JF-17 Thunder aircraft by early next year.

The air force has already equipped the 26 Squadron and the 16 Squadron with the aircraft.

The PAC JF-17 Thunder is a lightweight, single-engine, multi-role combat aircraft primarily developed to meet PAF requirements.

The aircraft was jointly developed by Chengdu Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAC) of China, the PAF and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC).

The PAF intends to equip the aircraft with air-to-air refuelling capability to boost its range, according to Press Trust of India.

That is most likely to be 7th or 8th Squadron as they are equipped with old Mirage IIIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom