What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janes Defense reporting, PAC And CAC is looking to make JF-17 A Multinational Program, this means Egypt is onboard the second/third largest customer for JFT, which means a number munitions, weapons systems, missiles on a large scale will be part of it, more cash more R&D better Products.

Wonderful news. This definitely confirms Egypt as another user of JFT. Thanks.

i think PAF and CAC must make all the hard-points capable to carry SD-10 just like F-16s do.

aim120.jpg

In this way, Thunder would be able to carry 6 medium range Air to Air missiles or may be more if multiple rails used on inner 2 hardpoints. But i think it might have to do something with the integration and wiring as well. Would simply love to have a similar arrangement of SD-10s on Thunders.

PL-12+Dual+racks+testing+on+J-10A+B+SD-10+BVR+AAM+4+FC20+%25281%2529.jpg

i think PAF and CAC must make all the hard-points capable to carry SD-10 just like F-16s do.

aim120.jpg

In this way, Thunder would be able to carry 6 medium range Air to Air missiles or may be more if multiple rails used on inner 2 hardpoints. But i think it might have to do something with the integration and wiring as well. Would simply love to have a similar arrangement of SD-10s on Thunders.

PL-12+Dual+racks+testing+on+J-10A+B+SD-10+BVR+AAM+4+FC20+%25281%2529.jpg

There was a discussion on this before and it was reported that the wing tip pylons of the JF-17 are already capable of carrying the sd-10 variants.

Nops, check the 2 antennas on the spine of Pt-06 & under the nose, they are straight up, while Pt-04 & JF-17 have something T-shaped. Pt-06 uses Chinese communication & data link system, while we are using western communication & data link system.

Plus, C-802AK has already been tested and integrated on earlier model / prototype of JF-17 / FC-1, while the current pictures are of the C-803 missile, which is bigger then the C-802AK.

Pt-06 is FC-1, all Chinese, Pt-04/JF-17 is Chinese + little bit of western stuff..

Also, JF-17 / Pt-04 has western standard MIL-STD configuration, thus its able to integrate western weapon systems as well as the ones we are making locally. But as for Pt-06 i am not sure, plus its purpose is also not sure, as we have already tested JF-17 to its limit, Chinese are well aware of that and have been part of that, thus having Pt-06/FC-1 tested thoroughly and getting weapons integration means only one this that its being tested for the Chinese forces, as for export orders the JF-17 / Pt-04 already went under test & evaluation.

Yeah Anteenas looks little different but again this can be the anteena for Block-II which will have some major avionics upgrade. IIRC, F-7PGs are also using similar antenna which we see on 06 but we know PG have western avionics package.
300px-Pakistani_Chengdu_J-7.JPG

But even in case 06 being completely Chinese, I don't remember any news regarding the testing and integration of C-802A on JF-17. MIL-STD are definitely different then 1553B which was originally envisioned.

Nops, check the 2 antennas on the spine of Pt-06 & under the nose, they are straight up, while Pt-04 & JF-17 have something T-shaped. Pt-06 uses Chinese communication & data link system, while we are using western communication & data link system.

Plus, C-802AK has already been tested and integrated on earlier model / prototype of JF-17 / FC-1, while the current pictures are of the C-803 missile, which is bigger then the C-802AK.

Pt-06 is FC-1, all Chinese, Pt-04/JF-17 is Chinese + little bit of western stuff..

Also, JF-17 / Pt-04 has western standard MIL-STD configuration, thus its able to integrate western weapon systems as well as the ones we are making locally. But as for Pt-06 i am not sure, plus its purpose is also not sure, as we have already tested JF-17 to its limit, Chinese are well aware of that and have been part of that, thus having Pt-06/FC-1 tested thoroughly and getting weapons integration means only one this that its being tested for the Chinese forces, as for export orders the JF-17 / Pt-04 already went under test & evaluation.

All JFT/ FC-1 prototypes from 04 onward have mil 1553b mux bus for avionics, 1760 for weapons without any distinction. Only difference is that JFT has dual data link (Erieye, zdk-03) support and western communication gear. A few other goodies too.

All JFT/ FC-1 prototypes from 04 onward have mil 1553b mux bus for avionics, 1760 for weapons without any distinction. Only difference is that JFT has dual data link (Erieye, zdk-03) support and western communication gear. A few other goodies too.

I meant, maybe if the Chinese go for the FC-1, their hardware & data exchange related protocols & other stuff may be different then they US/NATO MIL-STD standards.

For PAF & other buyers western MIL-STD is used and they use something else for themselves.

Yeah Anteenas looks little different but again this can be the anteena for Block-II which will have some major avionics upgrade. IIRC, F-7PGs are also using similar antenna which we see on 06 but we know PG have western avionics package.
300px-Pakistani_Chengdu_J-7.JPG

But even in case 06 being completely Chinese, I don't remember any news regarding the testing and integration of C-802A on JF-17. MIL-STD are definitely different then 1553B which was originally envisioned.

Here bro, look at my this thread, see the F-7 & Mirage with the T-Shaped antenna.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...her-regarding-f-5-communication-antennas.html

and here more pics of Mirages with the T-shaped antennas.

http://pafsqk.yolasite.com/resources/dmirage3.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3TPAf_ZNv...age+IIIRP+rose+I+II+III+IV+V+1234+%285%29.jpg

http://pafsqk.yolasite.com/resources/mirasge1.jpg

And here is the Pt-03 pic with the similar antenna as seen on current Pt-06

http://i.imgur.com/MLU27.jpg

PAF has changed and is in the phase of changing the communication system on all its jets, this T-shaped one is the new and standardized communication equipment, which will be installed on all the jets. I know the company which is supplying it, its European company and these systems are very good and something like frequency hopping kind of tech on them.

So, the Pt-06 is all Chinese and it has nothing so far to suggest that its 2nd Blk of JF-17. Its being integrated with Chinese weapon systems as of now.

And C-802A testing has happened, i am not aware of any live launch, but electronic integration has been done. And below is the confirmation of C-802 integration. Many of the weapon integration did happen in China, but PAF is doing its own here in Pakistan.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...0404-dubai-airshow-2011-a-34.html#post2292086

I meant, maybe if the Chinese go for the FC-1, their hardware & data exchange related protocols & other stuff may be different then they US/NATO MIL-STD standards.

For PAF & other buyers western MIL-STD is used and they use something else for themselves.

Yes. they have done own modifications to MIL-STD standard.

landed at Dubai Airport on wednesday on my way home. Looked out in the window and saw a pair of Thunders , parked next to Rafale , Typhoon and F-15.

Felt so proud for a few seconds. I wish i could go there an see those birds in person.

There was a discussion on this before and it was reported that the wing tip pylons of the JF-17 are already capable of carrying the sd-10 variants.

SD-10 is too heavy to be carried on wingtips. wingtips are only reserved for short range missiles on jf-17. F-16 is alot bigger than thunder and have a greater payload....

SD-10 is too heavy to be carried on wingtips. wingtips are only reserved for short range missiles on jf-17. F-16 is alot bigger than thunder and have a greater payload....

Did you know that during flight the entire load of the aircraft is carried by the wings ?
What difference does two missiles make?
The F-104 carried fuel tanks on its teeny weeny wings

255830d1265595622-match-watch-plane-f104.gif

landed at Dubai Airport on wednesday on my way home. Looked out in the window and saw a pair of Thunders , parked next to Rafale , Typhoon and F-15.

Felt so proud for a few seconds. I wish i could go there an see those birds in person.

Send me the pictures on facebook. I am sure you posed with them!

The SD-10 also weighs more than an AIM-120.. the F-16 would not be able to carry the SD-10 on its wingtips either.

7 hard point but 3 occupied by fuel tanks n only 4 left for weapons.thats not acceptable in modern warfare.the usual configuration of F-16c with 11 hardpoints is 2 fuel tanks n 9 hardpoints for both air to air n air to ground weapons making it a true multirole fighter.

7 hard point but 3 occupied by fuel tanks n only 4 left for weapons.thats not acceptable in modern warfare.the usual configuration of F-16c with 11 hardpoints is 2 fuel tanks n 9 hardpoints for both air to air n air to ground weapons making it a true multirole fighter.

Hi Mr. Epinephrine, kindly please note that the JF-17 was designed from the onset to be a light-weight fighter, whereas the F-16 is a medium weight fighter. The JF-17 currently has an engine with max thrust of ~18K lbs, whereas the F-16s engine is 29K-32K lbs. Hence, the difference in payloads. In addition, the F-16 has a larger wing, and thus has additional hardpoints.

The JF-17 satisfies the PAF requirements for a light weight figher, whereas as the F-16s and J-10B will be the heavy weight fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom