What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Not fair Mr.Tempest you beat me to it :)

3.jpg

Lol, just sahring the workload buddy.

The WMD-7 is not considered a Navigation pod ... ... ??? ... ... or is it? If not, then we will be seeing another pod soon or an upgraded WMD-7.

The WMD-7 is not considered a Navigation pod ... ... ??? ... ... or is it? If not, then we will be seeing another pod soon or an upgraded WMD-7.

Lol don't say that man....if G.W.Bush was reading this, he would read it as Weapons of Mass Destruction.....:P

Reactions: AUz
Janes Defense reporting, PAC And CAC is looking to make JF-17 A Multinational Program, this means Egypt is onboard the second/third largest customer for JFT, which means a number munitions, weapons systems, missiles on a large scale will be part of it, more cash more R&D better Products.

Okay Good! Nice to her that we are getting Egypt into the equation/business.....:)

optional nav pod means the pod can be added as an option. WMD-7 does that role along with targeting, spot tracking etc.

I have feeling new coming squadron of JF-17 from China is based on PT-06 and is dedicated for naval role.So hopefully will be based in Karachi for naval support.

I have feeling new coming squadron of JF-17 from China is based on PT-06 and is dedicated for naval role.So hopefully will be based in Karachi for naval support.

Yaar, Pt-06 is not a dedicated naval thingy, Pt-06 is a dedicated Chinese prototype, with everything Chinese in it, while Pt-04 / JF-17 is a mixture of Chinese and western stuff in it.

Yaar, Pt-06 is not a dedicated naval thingy, Pt-06 is a dedicated Chinese prototype, with everything Chinese in it, while Pt-04 / JF-17 is a mixture of Chinese and western stuff in it.

PT-04 has what western stuff? - i only know of the MB-ejection seat!

Sir, I think both 04 and 06 belong to JF-17. Only new thing is that they are testing the anti-ship cruise missiles on it along with other payload to further study it. I believe that one of these is being used as test bed for Block-II which is just around the corner after 3rd Squadron.

Sir, I think both 04 and 06 belong to JF-17. Only new thing is that they are testing the anti-ship cruise missiles on it along with other payload to further study it. I believe that one of these is being used as test bed for Block-II which is just around the corner after 3rd Squadron.

Nops, check the 2 antennas on the spine of Pt-06 & under the nose, they are straight up, while Pt-04 & JF-17 have something T-shaped. Pt-06 uses Chinese communication & data link system, while we are using western communication & data link system.

Plus, C-802AK has already been tested and integrated on earlier model / prototype of JF-17 / FC-1, while the current pictures are of the C-803 missile, which is bigger then the C-802AK.

Pt-06 is FC-1, all Chinese, Pt-04/JF-17 is Chinese + little bit of western stuff..

Also, JF-17 / Pt-04 has western standard MIL-STD configuration, thus its able to integrate western weapon systems as well as the ones we are making locally. But as for Pt-06 i am not sure, plus its purpose is also not sure, as we have already tested JF-17 to its limit, Chinese are well aware of that and have been part of that, thus having Pt-06/FC-1 tested thoroughly and getting weapons integration means only one this that its being tested for the Chinese forces, as for export orders the JF-17 / Pt-04 already went under test & evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom