What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SD-10 also weighs more than an AIM-120.. the F-16 would not be able to carry the SD-10 on its wingtips either.

Why would you compare AIM with SD10A and why not SD10B?

SD10B is lighter than SD-10A, and weight difference with AIM-120C comes to negligible.

While SD-10B match or exceed AIM-120C5 in performance and JFT will always be armed with SD10B.

Why would you compare AIM with SD10A and why not SD10B?

SD10B is lighter than SD-10A, and weight difference with AIM-120C comes to negligible.

While SD-10B match or exceed AIM-120C5 in performance and JFT will always be armed with SD10B.

SD-10B is a rumor not a confirmed missile. there is so much rumour going on for block 2. Officially confirmed news is Radar will be KLJ-7, So Aesa Radar is still a rumour. IRST is still a Rumour. Last time we see SD-10A being tested and in Dubai airshow too. So SD-10 B is again a rumor.

IFR, avionics and EW enhancement, upgraded KLJ-7 for Block 2 is confirmed as of now. Rest are rumors and i will only believe when there is official news on them. Lot of unofficial news are deceptive now a days.

Its the way of the PAF to keep the truths shrouded in rumors. We don't want everything to be known to our enemies in advance....:smokin:

Its the way of the PAF to keep the truths shrouded in rumors. We don't want everything to be known to our enemies in advance....:smokin:

To Hell with this attitude of PAF, it the most childish attitude and most people are fed up of this. If they are so secretive about their conduct, then why their chief was blabbering about C-130 got EO/FLIR?

Why they hide general things? Like if they get a awacs from china, what's the problem in telling if it got a aesa or pesa radar? the main thing to hide is particularities. Same thing w.r.t to JF-17, Dont hide the general things too.

Enemies has far more better resources to know a, It's just PAF torturing the AWAM of Pakistan by hiding away the facts.

Patta Patta boota boota haal humara janay hay

Janay na Janay Gul He na Janay Baagh to sara janay hay

SD-10B is a rumor not a confirmed missile. there is so much rumour going on for block 2. Officially confirmed news is Radar will be KLJ-7, So Aesa Radar is still a rumour. IRST is still a Rumour. Last time we see SD-10A being tested and in Dubai airshow too. So SD-10 B is again a rumor.

IFR, avionics and EW enhancement, upgraded KLJ-7 for Block is confirmed as of now. Rest are rumors and i will only believe when there is official news on them. Lot of unofficial news are deceptive now a days.

It is a confirmed missle and not a rumor.

What do you expect a fiver year old SD10A to be static?
China took 1/4 time as compare to US in developing SD10A! how much time do you think is required for next version?

People used to deny JFT development, even US intelligence, reported that JFT is a paper plane.
Same goes with JFT blk-2. It was announced from beginning, current design was frozen for production of first 100 only! Are we done with 100? I believe not!

If AESA of JFT is rumor than ZDK-03 is a rumor, J10B is a rumor and even AESA of Rafael, Eurofighter & Gripen is a rumor.

To Hell with this attitude of PAF, it the most childish attitude and most people are fed up of this. If they are so secretive about their conduct, then why their chief was blabbering about C-130 got EO/FLIR?

Why they hide general things? Like if they get a awacs from china, what's the problem in telling if it got a aesa or pesa radar? the main thing to hide is particularities. Same thing w.r.t to JF-17, Dont hide the general things too.

Enemies has far more better resources to know a, It's just PAF torturing the AWAM of Pakistan by hiding away the facts.

Patta Patta boota boota haal humara janay hay

Janay na Janay Gul He na Janay Baagh to sara janay hay

Sir EO/FLIR disclosion is not as harmful as giving away the entire inside of Thunders.... Please use some logic. who provided PAF with that FLIR and JDAMs in first place... yeah, the same country who is letting Taliban attack us from Afghanistan. Now, If you look, thunders program and its associated information is entirely a different ball game. It is not PAF who start rumour mills, it is us here on military forums who always do that.

What do you expect a fiver year old SD10A to be static?
China took 1/4 time as compare to US in developing SD10A! how much time do you think is required for next version?

People used to deny JFT development, even US intelligence, reported that JFT is a paper plane.
Same goes with JFT blk-2. It was announced from beginning, current design was frozen for production of first 100 only! Are we done with 100? I believe not!

If AESA of JFT is rumor than ZDK-03 is a rumor, J10B is a rumor and even AESA of Rafael, Eurofighter & Gripen is a rumor.

If SD-10 B is confirmed missile, then what's the problem of PAF officially acknowledging it? Even if it's in the testing phase, Then why PAF official didnt announce it official, most importantly the report put up by Fatman17 where official team of PAC briefing foriegn media about block 2 changes, why didn't they disclose it then? I mean SD-10B is not some super duper weapon that everything is kept under wrapped but At this stage SD-10b is just rumour because Same PAF officials have told many things about J-10b coming to Pakistan in this december disclosed SD-10B. But as you have seen as if any concrete thing have come out

So My friend, Seeing is believe is what is possible at this stage. Now Tell me, IF PAC PROJECT TEAM can tell foreigners about K300G IFR updates, then what's the problem of telling them about AESA?

Just Like Ghalib said. "Dil ko behlanay kay liye ye khayal acha hay Ghaalib" For your heart elevation this thought seems to be good

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

double post

IFR, avionics and EW enhancement, upgraded KLJ-7 for Block 2 is confirmed as of now. Rest are rumors and i will only believe when there is official news on them. Lot of unofficial news are deceptive now a days.

Really??

A group of PLA Naval Aviation ground crews were preparing to load two PL-12 active radar homing AAMs onto a J-8F fighter. PL-12's export version is called SD-10 (SD-10A as the improved version) and was first revealed to the public during the 2002 Zhuhai Airshow. PL-12 (K/AKK-12?) has been under development at LETRI/607 Institute since early 90s. It was initially expected to be in the same class as AIM-120A and its active seeker may have evolved from the earlier AMR-1 design (R-129? based on Russian 9B-1348 seeker & datalink for R-77). Its tailfins appear to have fin tips as well as the leading edges of the fin root cropped. These specially designed tailfins are believed to possess lower drag for greater speed and higher torque for better maneuverability. Two datalink antennas can be seen next to the nozzle for mid-course correction. Several dielectric strips are seen along the middle warhead section which may house the radio proximity fuse. PL-12 completed its development test in December 2004 and was certified in 2005. Currently it is in the service with J-8F, J-10 and J-11B. In addition it is expected to equip JF-17/FC-1 currently entering service with PAF. Some specifications of SD-10: length 3,850mm, diameter 203mm, wing span 674mm, weight 180kg, max g-load 38g, max speed 4M, range 60-70km. Recently produced PL-12 is expected to feature an improved seeker with new digital processor and SINS. The improved PL-12 (PL-12A?) is thought to be comparable to American AIM-120C4. Recent news (November 2010) suggested that PL-12 may feature an active/passive dual mode seeker in order to achieve greater ECCM capability and kill probability. Several improved versions have been under development at 607 Institute, including PL-12B with improved guidance system, PL-12C with foldable tailfins for internal carriage by the 4th generation fighters (e.g. J-20) and PL-12D with a belly air inlet and a ramjet motor for long range attack similar to PL-21 (see below).
- Last Updated 8/16/11
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

20110627_38.jpg

Sir EO/FLIR disclosion is not as harmful as giving away the entire inside of Thunders.... Please use some logic. who provided PAF with that FLIR and JDAMs in first place... yeah, the same country who is letting Taliban attack us from Afghanistan. Now, If you look, thunders program and its associated information is entirely a different ball game. It is not PAF who start rumour mills, it is us here on military forums who always do that.

Sire you are still not getting my point, What's inside the JF-17 is General thing, And The thing inside JF-17 works how is a particular thing is what is confidential. What's the harm in telling the general things, like If the IRST is confirmed or the AESA is confirmed. or the awacs we ae going to get will be AESA or PESA etc etc

Sire you are still not getting my point, What's inside the JF-17 is General thing, And The thing inside JF-17 works how is a particular thing is what is confidential. What's the harm in telling the general things, like If the IRST is confirmed or the AESA is confirmed. or the awacs we ae going to get will be AESA or PESA etc etc

Did PAF tell us a day before that they are going to test Raad next morning from one of their Mirage-III? Ok, it might be too much. but tell me, did any one asked this question? did they deny the presence of SD-10B, which BTW is not possible as China is about to test a really long range ramjet-enabled PL-21 next year. Why you assume that top PAF official would come to public and tell us exactly what they are up to? On one hand, you are annoyed on Air Chief on "disclosing" EO-III/FLIR and on the other, you are demanding to do the same on a strategic project!

@ Mafyia, Tell me how many world airforces have AESA and better BVR than AIM120C5?

If PAF officially announce AESA and SD10B than indians will have argument to have same.

Did PAF tell us a day before that they are going to test Raad next morning from one of their Mirage-III? Ok, it might be too much. but tell me, did any one asked this question? did they deny the presence of SD-10B, which BTW is not possible as China is about to test a really long range ramjet-enabled PL-21 next year. Why you assume that top PAF official would come to public and tell us exactly what they are up to? On one hand, you are annoyed on Air Chief on "disclosing" EO-III/FLIR and on the other, you are demanding to do the same on a strategic project!

Going by the PAC project Team, Block-2 radar will be KLJ-7 PD and they didnt mention IRST which means we still have to wait for that and they didn't mention that if they gonna use more alloys on JF-17 so meaning, Block-2 will be using same material of Block 1. NO HMS will be seen on Block 2 either.

Only thing is Jf-17 will have a data link capability, And IFR capability though not using the Swedish Probe which can go inside the airplane and as it was shown in IDEAS-2008 . On one hand they can disclose their intrest in South Afrcan A-Darter missile but on the other hand they forgot to mention any SD-10B or any other new chinese missile we gonna add to our inventory. Anything You guys like to add or did i miss something so you can fill me in?

There are two things here Sire. No one leaked the news of RAAD and in the case of SD-10B the news was leaked.Okay

Second thing is, RAAD is being regularly tested, any news of SD-10B being tested or just as the news leaked of SD-10b , did any news of SD-10B leaked? So it's still a smoke screen right now.

Let me remind you the story of MAR-1. That was the strategic missile, so much controversy attached to it due to indian Pressure, even PAF didn't acknowledge it's purchase but they disclosed when the MAR-1 got integrated with JF-17. Now for the SD-10B, No matter how strategic it is when it's existence becomes known, then it should be acknowledged officially to.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

@ Mafyia, Tell me how many world airforces have AESA and better BVR than AIM120C5?

If PAF officially announce AESA and SD10B than indians will have argument to have same.

As if indians are not getting any of this. this will be the lamest argument in not disclosing the general things.

As if indians are not getting any of this. this will be the lamest argument in not disclosing the general things.

And since when indians got AESA? or AIM120?
Are you spreading rumors?

Ironically, what PAF tell you refuse to believe?

And since when indians got AESA? or AIM120?
Are you spreading rumors?

Ironically, what PAF tell you refuse to believe?

That was your argument.

"If PAF officially announce AESA and SD10B than indians will have argument to have same."

Now tell me, Indians dont have BVR's? Will India not Get AESA through it's MMRCA or through the up gradation of SU-30MKI?

This is again one of the lamest arguments that Indian will follow us if we declare we have aesa or BVR's. Last time I checked it was Pakistan who was following India after they purchased AWACS and Tested their Brahmos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom