What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What difference does it make if JF-17 can or cannot fire a BVR missile After all the 1st squadron that it replaced for a dedicated air to ground role A-5. We all know that even if the current block does not fire a BVR missile, future blocks will after all it was a must requirement for PAF. So lets not get carried away. Senior members believe the current block can fire a BVR, i tend to stick with that assumption for now.

What difference does it make if JF-17 can or cannot fire a BVR missile After all the 1st squadron that it replaced for a dedicated air to ground role A-5.

True to some extend. BVR isin't just a BVRAAM. It can be a A-2-G too. :)
We all know that even if the current block does not fire a BVR missile, future blocks will after all it was a must requirement for PAF. So lets not get carried away. Senior members believe the current block can fire a BVR, i tend to stick with that assumption for now.

Hope this SD-10 helps in answering the dilemma. :)
Pakistan+air+force+JF-17+Thunder+FC-20+carryies+PL-12+%2528PiLi-12%2529+SD-10+%2528ShanDian-10%2529+BVRAAM+%2528Beyond+visual+range+Air+to+Air+Missile%2529+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+ariforce++%25281%2529.jpg

What difference does it make if JF-17 can or cannot fire a BVR missile After all the 1st squadron that it replaced for a dedicated air to ground role A-5. We all know that even if the current block does not fire a BVR missile, future blocks will after all it was a must requirement for PAF. So lets not get carried away. Senior members believe the current block can fire a BVR, i tend to stick with that assumption for now.

Yaar it is just about keeping facts right. It is seriously pathetic to see even senior members spreading confusion. JFT block 1 is definitely BVR capable. This has been discussed and confirmed all the reliable members here on PDF.

You get it totally wrong. The plane which has been already tested with SD-10 back in Chengdu is BLOCK I not II. You don't need to upgrade it to BLOCK II level to carry SD-10. As for LGB? ABOSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM, MAN!

okay my bad i think i used the wrong words there.
i meant the CURRENT version that PAF uses right now, does not have BVR capability. the next version will have this capability.
i will be more than happy if someone proves me wrong with a picture of SD-10 on current PAF thunder!

i meant the CURRENT version that PAF uses right now, does not have BVR capability. the next version will have this capability.
i will be more than happy if someone proves me wrong with a picture of SD-10 on current PAF thunder!

What the Hell, Holy Crap, WTF, Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... Look post 3107!!!!!!!

Here is pic from the UK airshow... now if SD-10A was not compatible with JF-17 why would it be displayed at a international airshow?
4817334243_ecc2490285_b_d.jpg

27_96521_1ddd4c519740906.jpg

What the Hell, Holy Crap, WTF, Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... Look post 3107!!!!!!!
Hey calm down bro. Its not Jf-17. Its the fourth prototype of JF-17 being tested. Like nabil said, the problem has just recovered. Now JF-17 block I can use BVR/BVRAAM. Cheers :)
Here is pic from the UK airshow... now if SD-10A was not compatible with JF-17 why would it be displayed at a international airshow?
4817334243_ecc2490285_b_d.jpg

27_96521_1ddd4c519740906.jpg
ws13.jpg

FC-1_SD-10.jpg
FC-1+06+%252B+PL-12++sd-10+bvr+misssile+pakistan+jf-17+thunder+ab+c+d.jpg

sd-10a+jf-17a.jpg

You may all see the SD-10 and WS-13 on the JF-17 which participated in Izmir!

A bonus:
AirForces+Monthly+JF-17+Thunder++FC-1+Xiaolong+SD-10%252C+MICA+LS-6+C-802+AESA.jpg
[/IMG]

all PAF Thunders were cleared for BVR use as far back as last Dec-2010. it has been reported by me in this thread at that time. just bcuz there are no pics available doesn't mean that Thunders are not BVR capable. whats the idea of having this a/c if it inst BVR capable.

JFT PT04 in CAC

If the video is a recent one, then one wonders what is the Pt-04 still doing in the Pt uniform with pak flag on it.

Is it being tested for something new ?? Since we have the Pt-06 with full Chinese subsystems already in testing.

So what is the Pt-04 doing in China if this video is a recent one.

Last edited by a moderator:

JFT PT04 in CAC

This is an interesting development. Most interesting part is that how close are Pakistanis to Chinas super project i.e., J-20 as was show in previous video you posted and no shy been shown by Chinese towards Pakistan for J20.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the video is a recent one, then one wonders what is the Pt-04 still doing in the Pt uniform with pak flag on it.

Is it being tested for something new ?? Since we have the Pt-06 with full Chinese subsystems already in testing.

So what is the Pt-04 doing in China if this video is a recent one.

More tested with WS-13 next to J-20, not sure if also AESA testing or more upgraded stealth version. ;)

XhesZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom