What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i think so too. our F-16s only carry 4 sidewinders and so it makes sense for thunder to carry 2 BVR and 2 WVR missiles.
but one more thing, pilots cant "jettison" missiles, they can also use BVR missiles, such as AIM-120 AMRAAM into dogfights. AIM-120 is capable of shooting down targets at very close range, i dont know about SD-10..
well i think JF-17 can carry four sd-10 under wings (as per recent photos) and 2 tip WVR missles...

also we have to consider the number factor..PAF fighters may face more aircrafts at a time..
lastly first few shots will usually be a warmup for kill zones shot as both aircrafts radar would pick up and fire on each other in max range zone..it will come to kill zone around 40-60 km when they will make another round of fire before they enter into WVR combact

also i have question for any knowledgeable member..what prevents f-16s from carrying 6 BVR missles under its wing? if the max number is four

also just checked wiki dont know how reliable it tis but they quote 6 aim120 missiles could be carried by an f-16?
anyone know if we have any planes to induct advance WVR missles like IRIS-T

also just checked wiki dont know how reliable it tis but they quote 6 aim120 missiles could be carried by an f-16?
anyone know if we have any planes to induct advance WVR missles like IRIS-T

yes it can here is the reliable source . . . . .
main.php

main.php

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_armament_article3.html

f166aim120.jpg

very strange

at 4:40
chinese official media said that PL-5 EII was tested in pakistan last year before Farnborough Air show.

may be it is a new missile?????

maybe they tested it again, or it could be PL-9 or some sort..

Last edited by a moderator:
this leads me to a few other questions
can jf-17 carry sd-10 on its wingtips if it wants?
and can a BVr missles be carried on central hard point on f-16/jf-17?
what is status of multiple racks in jf-17?are they avaliable?

Depends on the weight of the missile and the hardpoints load limit.

Generally not done..... The centre hardpoint is not wired for it.

Future upgrade for AA missiles.. not high priority.

Dual rack reply . . . . .

j-10 dual rack for sd-10

11bovnc.jpg

JFT dual rack for SD-10

181143ssxmueuesmqmn0kh.jpg

see the difference in design

houshanghai posted it as JFT rack for SD-10 but most of us do not satisfied . . . . .

i think he stand correct as the difference in design can be seen from above images . . . .

also JFT dual rack concept . . .. .

SD-10A-PL-12A-AAM-APA-1S.jpg

SD-10A-PL-12A-AAM-APA-2S.jpg

link
http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-PLA-AAM.html#mozTocId222449

Early models of the PL-2, PL-2A above and PL-2B below, were cloned Soviet K-13 / AA-2 Atoll derivatives.The Soviet R-13 was cloned by China as the PL-2, which later evolved into the PL-3 and PL-5 missiles. No less than four variants of the PL-5 are identified. The PL-5A was equivalent to the K-13R, but the program was cancelled during the 1980s. The PL-5B did not enter production until the 1980s, despite initial development starting two decades earlier. The PL-5C is an improved PL-5B widely used by PLA-AF and PLA-N units. The latest PL-5E is an attempt to outperform the AIM-9L/M series, using an all aspect seeker, AIM-9L style double delta canards, a 40 degree off boresight capability, and 40G manoeuvre capability. PL-5 variants are used on the J-7 Fishbed, J-8 Finback, FH-7 and Q-5 Fantan, J-7s and Q-5 having been widely exported in Asia.

PLA Air to Air Missiles

The PL-9 is conceptually closest to the AIM-9P and appears to be an evolution of the PL-5 series missile, although Chinese sources claim the missile outperforms the AIM-9L/M. Production status of this missile remains unclear.
PL-9C-AAM-Zhenguan-Studio-1S.jpg

Depends on the weight of the missile and the hardpoints load limit.

Generally not done..... The centre hardpoint is not wired for it.

Future upgrade for AA missiles.. not high priority.
thanks..
but still my query regarding tip missiles remains..
is the double rack photo by antibody original or PS?

i am more intersted in A2A missles, as i think the primary role of PAF will be to avoid indain airsuperiority..

thanks..
but still my query regarding tip missiles remains..
is the double rack photo by antibody original or PS?

i am more intersted in A2A missles, as i think the primary role of PAF will be to avoid indain airsuperiority..

its been discussed in hell detail with comparison of tip rail images by senior member and its proven that JFT can launch SD-10 from wing tip and it is hard wired for that mean there are electric points for SD-10 lanuch from wingtip rail, there are model of JFT at farnborough with wing tip sd-10 so if they have not yet integrated it than its an other story, but its on the menu . . . ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom