What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
News is trickling out slowly on JF-17s.

1. Kamra may complete the production of all the 42 units by the end of this year.
2. Work on the production of the 2nd lot of 50 starting next year should start next year in pac kamra--
3. Several countries are reported to have sent their pilots to conduct flight tests.
4. Venezuela is in the forefront in conducting negoriations.

5. Argentine is also negotiating.
6. It is reported that one JF-17 was airlifted to Argentina for testing in Argentina.
7. Several other countries are in discussion as well. Each country has different requirements including the funding.
8. Catic is negotiating with the Chinese government to offer its customers low-cost loans for the purchase of aircraft. In addition, they are willing to help them establish an assembly line to produce the aircraft or its components JF-17(FC-1) Thunder :: MyCity Military

Okay great , nice newz....Alhamdolillah!...........:)

China said they dont plan to sell JF-17 jets, read this on this site 3-4 months ago.

If China says no, then that mean Pakistan cant sell them as well.

so what you think Pakistan was planing to sold it in 90s when start program? you Indians are here for troll flame and drag thread to hate .it will fly in many countries dude just wait and see why you are worry to sale of jf-17 first place?

China said they dont plan to sell JF-17 jets, read this on this site 3-4 months ago.

If China says no, then that mean Pakistan cant sell them as well.

JFT is made to export, the restriction is implemented for 10 years, the objective "totally my point of view" so that an advance version can be made for home use and lower technological versions can be sold to other countries, as done by America, No country can allow their top nudge fall in the hand of enemy, so a JFT with AESA, IRST top level BVR and with other goodies can be made for home use and lesser technological plan can be sold to other countries with mechanically scanned antennas or PESA radar lower model BVR and so on

all in all to bring the gap between export model and the model that will be used in home . . .. . My one rupee

what will be sold/exported is the FC-1. JF-17 is a PAF specific aircraft.

what will be sold/exported is the FC-1. JF-17 is a PAF specific aircraft.
does that mean pak will have 51% stake in that . .
or everything will b manufactured by china ?

Dear all, let's forgo debating foreign sales of the JF-17 and concentrate on first seeing what the Block II version has to offer. Moreover, given the current imbalance stacked up against the PAF, the PAF should concentrate on inducting more JF-17 and FC-20s.

JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jet+Pakistan+air+force+Chengdu+J-20+fifth+generation+Mighty+Dragon+stealth+aircraft+Chengdu+Aircraft+Industry+Group+Chinese+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+for+%25281%2529.jpg

They are hiding some kind of weapon here, notice white paint over picture.

Seems to me JFT has bubble canopy

does that mean pak will have 51% stake in that . . or everything will b manufactured by china ?

correctomundo - a joint mktg company has been set up by both countries.

Assalam u Alaikum and Greetings all.

I am back on the thread. Seems like Block II and exports are the Major topic.
Just a lil question.

The expected 250 Thunders (100 Stealth) to be built, 150 are Block I.
Would the PAF/PAC export Block I after Block II is in service or more air-crafts would be specially built for export?
Will there be any specific changes in the Export version, say, after 6 years we start exports, and wont 4th Gen fighter be something low in quality for the Air Forces?

Wont there be more features to make JF-T a better craft for export and get more customers? Personal opinion, we must have more features to get higher sales, likely customers and Happy ones too!

Assalam u Alaikum and Greetings all.

I am back on the thread. Seems like Block II and exports are the Major topic.
Just a lil question.

The expected 250 Thunders (100 Stealth) to be built, 150 are Block I.
Would the PAF/PAC export Block I after Block II is in service or more air-crafts would be specially built for export?
Will there be any specific changes in the Export version, say, after 6 years we start exports, and wont 4th Gen fighter be something low in quality for the Air Forces?

Wont there be more features to make JF-T a better craft for export and get more customers? Personal opinion, we must have more features to get higher sales, likely customers and Happy ones too!

Walaikum Salam.

Nope sir as per the most recent reports (by Sir Pshamim I believe) only the first 50 would be of block 1 configuration the rest would be block 2 which btw is also being speculated as the final version of JFT. Now after the first 150 aircraft have been delivered the Block 1s will start getting replaced by the second block. The replaced Block 1s will form an OCU squadron and a second squadron dedicated to training foreign pilots for the JFT. The part to notice here is that this replacement of Block 1s by Block 2s (rather than upgrading them to Block 2 standard) shows that the structural changes on the second block would be massive rendering any upgrade programs for block 1s either impossible or unfeasible.

Walaikum Salam.

Now after the first 150 aircraft have been delivered the Block 1s will start getting replaced by the second block. The replaced Block 1s will form an OCU squadron and a second squadron dedicated to training foreign pilots for the JFT.

they should not be removed from the frontline active service so quickly considering we might still be operating f-7s at that time

they should not be removed from the frontline active service so quickly considering we might still be operating f-7s at that time

They must have thought of something......Plus the OCU and the foreign training squadrons will be a necessity too.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom