What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assalam u Alaikum and Greetings all.

I am back on the thread. Seems like Block II and exports are the Major topic.
Just a lil question.

The expected 250 Thunders (100 Stealth) to be built, 150 are Block I.
Would the PAF/PAC export Block I after Block II is in service or more air-crafts would be specially built for export?
Will there be any specific changes in the Export version, say, after 6 years we start exports, and wont 4th Gen fighter be something low in quality for the Air Forces?

Wont there be more features to make JF-T a better craft for export and get more customers? Personal opinion, we must have more features to get higher sales, likely customers and Happy ones too!

I guess blockII shold start after first 50 or at least first 100....:coffee:

Walaikum Salam.

Nope sir as per the most recent reports (by Sir Pshamim I believe) only the first 50 would be of block 1 configuration the rest would be block 2 which btw is also being speculated as the final version of JFT. Now after the first 150 aircraft have been delivered the Block 1s will start getting replaced by the second block. The replaced Block 1s will form an OCU squadron and a second squadron dedicated to training foreign pilots for the JFT. The part to notice here is that this replacement of Block 1s by Block 2s (rather than upgrading them to Block 2 standard) shows that the structural changes on the second block would be massive rendering any upgrade programs for block 1s either impossible or unfeasible.

if we get block2 after first 50 thats goodwork then....:)

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

correctomundo - a joint mktg company has been set up by both countries.

soundz Kool....:)

Dear all, let's forgo debating foreign sales of the JF-17 and concentrate on first seeing what the Block II version has to offer. Moreover, given the current imbalance stacked up against the PAF, the PAF should concentrate on inducting more JF-17 and FC-20s.

Yea thats what we need right now.....:)

If China says no, then that mean Pakistan cant sell them as well.

offcoarse how we cant sell them unless we market it mutually.......simple as that for dumpsterz......who dont understand business.....:azn:

An inside image of F-16 and Jf-17 from Izmir airshow turkey .see the difference b/w finishing of both aircrafts and simplicity of jf-17's structure compared to f-16. courtesy of Munir

F-16
5859056335_f30caae0c1_b.jpg

Jf-17
5859610702_e2e02c591d_b.jpg

^^
Complexity doesnt necessarily means inferiority..also the fig shows more amount of hardware in Amerikan machine

^^
Complexity doesnt necessarily means inferiority..also the fig shows more amount of hardware in Amerikan machine

thats all part of the landing gear assambly ,but for finish i would say time have taken its toll over the 16 so cant compare

^^

American machine is about 30 years old, housing old stuff. while JF-17 is a result of well studied F-16 and more likely extracted from from f-16. JF-17 landing gear is Simple and new as compare to Old F-16 that's why it is less complex.

I think we see that indeed the JF17 is fabricated a lot later so better designed. There is three decades difference. Simpler is not worser but in this case looking better. Good stuff. And you can see that there is room left to do more in the JF17. Does someone had the same of a newer F16?

An inside image of F-16 and Jf-17 from Izmir airshow turkey .see the difference b/w finishing of both aircrafts and simplicity of jf-17's structure compared to f-16. courtesy of Munir

F-16
5859056335_f30caae0c1_b.jpg

Jf-17
5859610702_e2e02c591d_b.jpg

but i cannot see the pics :(

1308705929_30.jpg

some African officials were very interested in jf17 。they asked for jft's information carefully in paris airshow

What is that twin engine model to the right of the JFT model --- Please let it be a twin engined JFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom