What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody help me getting the following model as shown in image:

jf17stand.jpg

JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jet+Pakistan+air+force+Chengdu+J-20+fifth+generation+Mighty+Dragon+stealth+aircraft+Chengdu+Aircraft+Industry+Group+Chinese+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+for+%25281%2529.jpg

They are hiding some kind of weapon here, notice white paint over picture.

How come we havent seen any pictures of the block 2 jf-17 yet, if it has an aesa and irst and refueling probe, these techs must have been tested and the aircraft would look different, but we havent see a thing yet and we're supposed to be getting these planes this year. I know the Chinese are secretive, but considering there are various pics of j-20, the jf-17 is hardly going to be kept secret.

Sir as per my knowledge PL-5 was tested in Pak last year before Farnborough Air show. LS6 and SD10 were tested in China so will C802 be, later this year..in China first...26MR Sqn is tasked with second phase T&E of all Thunders along with pilot training and routine missions of an operational squadron.
I suspect it already is...
look at these pics somebody posted it for being SD-10 on JFT
juvi8n.jpg

m9ab86.jpg

If you compare the Missile on JFT with the one on J-10 you can notice two things
1- Missile on JFT is apparently more bluky than that on J-10 (which is carrying an SD-10)
2- The nose of missile is round not sharpening to the end like SD-10
now if we closely see both SD-10 and C-802
4862688673_fe4c55307a_b.jpg

27_96521_1ddd4c519740906.jpg

whether JFT can carry C-802 under wings? is a question which remains to be asked as Mirages have been carrying Exocet under belly

juvi8n.jpg

m9ab86.jpg

If you compare the Missile on JFT with the one on J-10 you can notice two things
1- Missile on JFT is apparently more bluky than that on J-10 (which is carrying an SD-10)
4862688673_fe4c55307a_b.jpg

27_96521_1ddd4c519740906.jpg

whether JFT can carry C-802 under wings? is a question which remains to be asked as Mirages have been carrying Exocet under belly

Humm. So you want to say that is C-802 missile???

Both the missiles on J-10 & FC-1 is SD-10 / PL-12. You see the difference in size due to the positioning of the aircraft with each other, the angle from where the picture has been taken, color of both missiles is different, J-10 has the training version of the missile (Blue colored), plus then the quality of the picture itself.

JF-17 is gonna get a lighter version of the missile and nor more bulkier :)

C-802 is much fatter in nature.

And JF-17 can take 2 C-802s on its inner most pylon, the pylon closest to where LERX is, the pylon can take 1100Ltr fuel tank which is much heavier then the C-802.

The central pylon under the fuselage can take a 1000Kg+ load, the inner most pylons close to the LERX can take a load maximum upto 850-900KG. Then the middle pylons can take something close to 550-600KG weight and the other one is the most weakest. But i hope the outer most is capable of or may be in future would be make strong enough to take up atleast 200-220KG or so payload, a BVR missile atleast.

271167553818b8103e70e98.jpg

is it just me or the engine really looks different....?

WIKIPEDIA HAS ALREADY INCLUDED JF-17 IN THE LIST OF THE AIR CRAFTS USING IRST SYSTEM.BLOCK 1 THUNDER DOESNT HAVE THIS SYSTEM.IT WILL BE INSTALLED IN BLOCK 2 VERSION

WIKIPEDIA HAS ALREADY INCLUDED JF-17 IN THE LIST OF THE AIR CRAFTS USING IRST SYSTEM.BLOCK 1 THUNDER DOESNT HAVE THIS SYSTEM.IT WILL BE INSTALLED IN BLOCK 2 VERSION

ANYONE can edit stuff in wikipedia!
literally anyone...

but who knows maybe they'll add it in future

Hi, the current version of the JF-17 can carry a podded IRST on a hardpoint. But that is inefficient and one loses a weapons station. I can't wait to see the new version of the JF-17 (Block II). It will be interesting to see what has included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom