What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tit bit............

JFT has been tested in severe EW environment to check its EW suite, this was done along with a Chinese and another (undisclosed) origin EW pod. Also, JFT has powerful internal jammer that worked quite well against F-16 (blk 15) ECM. This occurred few months ago.

tit bit............

JFT has been tested in severe EW environment to check its EW suite, this was done along with a Chinese and another (undisclosed) origin EW pod. Also, JFT has powerful internal jammer that worked quite well against F-16 (blk 15) ECM. This occurred few months ago.

all said and done, the JFT is going to 'surprize' quite a few people esp in the west!

tit bit............

i'm having some apprehensions, what if Jf-17 have to face 4-5 th generation aircraft in near future. they should have tested it against F-16 blk 52, to check whether Jf-17 can really handle Modern and more powerful EW suites and give us some idea what will happen when Jf-17 faces Israel plus westeren plus Russian EW combo in Future

all said and done, the JFT is going to 'surprize' quite a few people esp in the west!

It is a great project with a lot of potential, and one that is truly important to Pakistan.

However, it's Achille's heel will continue to be the powerplant that will prevent it from being truly world class.

Now there is a reason just why jamming the f-16 blk 15's jammer/ ECM, is amazing is because blk 15 also has a multiband jammer i.e., it is able to jam multiple frequencies simultaneously. Blk 15s had the most advanced EW suite in the 80s and a good part of 90s in conjunction with ALQ-131 which is still widely used all around the world and considered to be most reliable, effective jammer ever made, also modular and repeatedly upgraded to V standard, has seen a lot of new advancements. Defeating it is quite an achievement for JFT ECM suite......

i'm having some apprehensions, what if Jf-17 have to face 4-5 th generation aircraft in near future. they should have tested it against F-16 blk 52, to check whether Jf-17 can really handle Modern and more powerful EW suites and give us some idea what will happen when Jf-17 faces Israel plus westeren plus Russian EW combo in Future

Your apprehensions are baseless as it will be tested against blk 52s too, only then it will have an ECM that will stand against most major EW threats in the region. Itl will be done that is what i am told. On a side note, JFT and J-10 have the same ECM suite and same jammer but a next gen ecm pod is being developed in China which will become a standard fit on all Chinese and PAF JFTs but might not be exported to other countries because of secrecy level...

It was in 1996-97 when China bought a lot of stuff from Israel, among them was EW equipment/ jammers too. China reverse engineered their tech, added their share of optimization and they had a new toy to play with, after 2 years of improvement to hardware and software tweeks, that jammer is known as the KG-300G! For those who think the 8222 jammer is the ultimate jamming tech in sub continent, think again :)

I am hsppy with pak getting hundreds of jf17 jets.

will mean less number of more deadly jets like f16

In that case your happiness is going to vanish soon. F-16 will no longer be the top dog in PAF, FC-20 will be...

It was in 1996-97 when China bought a lot of stuff from Israel, among them was EW equipment/ jammers too. China reverse engineered their tech, added their share of optimization and they had a new toy to play with, after 2 years of improvement to hardware and software tweeks, that jammer is known as the KG-300G! For those who think the 8222 jammer is the ultimate jamming tech in sub continent, think again :)

139317_327055792_5%20.%20JAMMING%20-%20POD.jpg

:azn:

These pics are rather old as the sd-10, ls-6 testing was already done currently they are testing C-802As in Pak along with some unnamed indigenous weapons :)

Sir as per my knowledge PL-5 was tested in Pak last year before Farnborough Air show. LS6 and SD10 were tested in China so will C802 be, later this year..in China first...26MR Sqn is tasked with second phase T&E of all Thunders along with pilot training and routine missions of an operational squadron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom