What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of God yara he is just a lab attendant,he doesn't know any thing about planes. Why you ppl are making so much fuss about it , enjoy the dam thing.

hey man so you are the one who captured this vdieo

It sounds more like a PAF pilot accepting the dominance and Better capabilities of F-16!

But to me it looked like PAF air chief marshal's voice.
Seriously you indians are bunch of teenage kids who throw rocks from glass house.

The guy who said this is not a officer but most probably a non commission officer "NCO" due to his accent. I have no idea on which bases you said the dude is a pilot?

The JF-17s that fly from Kamra air base where this video was shot are only for testing and evaluations. Thats why he said this in terms of combat capability because F-16s are fully combat capable. The current F-16s in PAF are not better then JF-17 block I but once the new F-16s are delivered and upgraded to MLU M3 standard F-16 will be by far better then JF-17s.

It sounds more like a PAF pilot accepting the dominance and Better capabilities of F-16!

But to me it looked like PAF air chief marshal's voice.
Seriously you indians are bunch of teenage kids who throw rocks from glass house.

The guy who said this is not a officer but most probably a non commission officer "NCO" due to his accent. I have no idea on which bases you said the dude is a pilot?

The JF-17s that fly from Kamra air base where this video was shot are only for testing and evaluations. Thats why he said this in terms of combat capability because F-16s are fully combat capable. The current F-16s in PAF are not better then JF-17 block I but once the new F-16s are delivered and upgraded to MLU M3 standard F-16 will be by far better then JF-17s.

If you guys see the video, there are people doing some work, something like "boring", in urdu we call it piping for a well.

And in the video description you will find this:

"kami3438 — April 10, 2010 — This video is taken by Farooq and Hafiz when we were doing site testing for our project."

Which means they are students of civil engineering or something doing with soil engineering and have no clue about what JF-17 is or even what F-16 is, except for having heard their names.

For the last time I m going to say this, that the person was just a geotechnical lab attendant.I don't know from where the hell F-16s & MLUs & what not came into play. I have been on this forum for a long time mostly as a lurker & I know now where this thing is leading,so for those of you who wants to live in some fools paradise i would say enjoy your stay there.

For the last time I m going to say this, that the person was just a geotechnical lab attendant.I don't know from where the hell F-16s & MLUs & what not came into play. I have been on this forum for a long time mostly as a lurker & I know now where this thing is leading,so for those of you who wants to live in some fools paradise i would say enjoy your stay there.

Would be better if you first understand the discussion and then respond. No need to get charged up.

The discussion is about the person in the video talking who said something about JF-17 and F-16s, the members are discussing about that thing.

No body is talking about you or blaming you for anything.

The clarification you put above, would have been enough.

Have somebody heard the ongoing conversation in this video b/w the video maker and the other person?

it was quite interesting and shocking too ,it was somethng like that

Video maker:
Aray yar yeh tau saray jf-17 e hain , then he asks the other man about "Sir kia kehtay hain jf-17 ki capabilities k baray main

Other person:
F-16 se kam ha

Video Maker:
kia f-16 80's mai aya tha aur phr bhi jf-17 ki capabilities ous se kam hain

thn they kept on talking but i couldnt here as it was quite muddled kinda conversation
Hi
I think i also said this some where else that people in Pakistan think that f-16 is the darn best plane in the entire world without having any credible knowledge about it's & others capabilities, My elder brother & sister were arguing with me that no radar can catch f-16's which Pakistan is getting now LoL, and my brother is Ltcol :rofl: so u can imagine from this what people in Pakistan think about F-16, even if we will get Euro Fighter bulk of people will still say that F-16's are the best. Idon't know who do we have to thank for this, Patriotic songs with f-16's videos or PTV news :cheesy:

Hi
I think i also said this some where else that people in Pakistan think that f-16 is the darn best plane in the entire world without having any credible knowledge about it's & others capabilities, My elder brother & sister were arguing with me that no radar can catch f-16's which Pakistan is getting now LoL, and my brother is Ltcol :rofl: so u can imagine from this what people in Pakistan think about F-16, even if we will get Euro Fighter bulk of people will still say that F-16's are the best. Idon't know who do we have to thank for this, Patriotic songs with f-16's videos or PTV news :cheesy:

its because of the people's emotions attached with the f-16's

For your sake if we assume upgraded JF-17 with french avoinics and radar are in competition with M2K9, Would you try to explain one simple thing, Who is going to buy M2K9 now, their production lines were closed yrs back.
Secondly hard cash for such deal is a problem for Pak, atleast now, If you got money you can buy from any country atlest from France, as they are the one who sell their equipment without any pressure. Lastly, china reverse engineering possible chapter also play role here in this deal also

Dont be in any misconception about the capabilities of M2K9. It is a mature platform. Its capabilities are second to none.I would not be surprised that if the price was right India would be more than willing to buy it.I know that the assembly line is closed but the plane is very capable and can swerve any air force quite well for at least a decade and a half. India does have the inhouse infra structure to deal with the plane and if you talk about expenses, you have been maintaining SUs with their problems which could not have been any cheaper than the M2K9s.
For PAF it is a good proposition only if it comes really cheap, but if we can get J10s for the same price or slightly more should we bother establishing infrastructure for a plane which does not have any prospects for further upgrades. It is only our experience with Mirages and the fact that our boys have had a taste of the beast in UAE, and know how to fly and get the best out of it.
regards
Araz

For your sake if we assume upgraded JF-17 with french avoinics and radar are in competition with M2K9, Would you try to explain one simple thing, Who is going to buy M2K9 now, their production lines were closed yrs back.
Secondly hard cash for such deal is a problem for Pak, atleast now, If you got money you can buy from any country atlest from France, as they are the one who sell their equipment without any pressure. Lastly, china reverse engineering possible chapter also play role here in this deal also

The problem with M2K9s is their high maintenance costs. This is why there will only be a few buyers who have experience with it or have flown it and know its characteristics. For third world airforces looking for cheap alternatives, the chinese planes are a better option. this is where we stand to gain so much and why the frebnch are hesitating.
Araz

It would be great news that JF17 thunder second squadron is ready for being inducted by end of year ... :tup:

look at the cool PS of Jf-17.
probably tried to express the next block of thunder by putting IRST and count measuring censors similar to J-10b and also the METEOR or Chinese PL-13.serial no is notable thing.
jfmeteor.jpg

Last edited:
This is the real capability as mentioned by Wing Commander. I will take his word any day over a lab assistant's opinion...

xpdo34.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom