What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
An old but good video on the above mentioned concerns by some friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google translation of the original article published in Chinese Military Magazine courtesy Mr. Usayd who posted it on Pakdef forum. A lot of things such as Pakistani Input in this project is mentioned. A good read !

Innovative take-off to a dream
Zheng Yuxin Xu Yang

Editor's note: April 1, China Central Television, "Network News" reports the central enterprises to become China's scientific and technological innovation are the main Di News, the aircraft industry was the second session of the Central Enterprise Youth Innovation Award Bonus "Xiaolong aircraft design Jishu of air Dianzaijitong Innovation and Implementation "has become the subject report. AVIC representative of Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute, said in an interview, developed in the aircraft industry, "Xiaolong" aircraft avionics system has reached the world advanced level of third-generation fighter, "carrying 'Xiaolong' aircraft export platform, had a very large economic and social benefits. "

Youth Innovation and Benefit activities in the aviation industry within the bear rich fruits.

"Getting 'Shenhua Cup' second prize of central enterprises Youth Innovation Award are: AVIC submitted by Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute," Xiaolong aircraft avionics system design and implementation of technological innovation "project ... ..."

When the news spread thousands of miles away in the aircraft industry in Chengdu is the time, all the young people are excited, "Xiaolong" avionics project team is excited young people clap to celebrate. First Youth Innovation Award Central business activities conducted in 2007, young people in the central business far-reaching importance in the aviation industry also participate in the activities. The "Fierce Dragon" aircraft avionics system development can be successful and took home the national gold medal in one fell swoop, it is a long-term commitment to China Aviation Industry Corporation and guide the youth organizations Youth Innovation and Benefit vigorously carry out activities of the fruit.

Young battlefield

AVIC Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute under the age of 35, more than 40% of young people, most of them are from major national key university. How do these highly educated young workers in the aviation industry personnel training is the most important task of Chengdu by young people. The mission of the Institute of Integrated Model and aviation industry research institutes its own unique characteristics, depth a number of technological features of the Innovation and Benefit with activities for young people build a creative stage, a service of young talent, promote innovation and development institute important carrier. The majority of young people is in such a creative atmosphere chasing dreams, realize their dreams.

"Fierce Dragon" Avionics R & D centers from various professional institutes to send less than 35 years the average age of more than 50 technical staff and Pakistan sent 24 technical staff. Project started on the face unusual test. Difficult technical innovation, research and development time constraints, difficulties in the transfer of technology to Pakistan, which like the three big mountains firmly pressing difficulties triple R & D center in the hearts of everyone. Many in the history of R & D centers are blank. The new avionics technology is the "Fierce Dragon" highlights the aircraft is a very difficult road of innovation. The entire development cycle from system level design, software development, facilities set up to complete the comprehensive test system DSI just only two years, three generations of this machine in our country for all types of avionics system design unprecedented in the history. In addition to avionics systems development, the R & D center will need to implement a large number of technology transfer to Pakistan. Is the need for Pakistan to conduct technical training for engineers and technicians, and technical difficulty of such a workload is no less than designing a new avionics system.

Modeling and code management, development of subsystems with Stateflow software simulator ... ... the use of these new technologies greatly shortens the development cycle, improve efficiency, reduce costs and development tasks for the short time to lay a good foundation .

Thousands of copies of the English document, more than 5,000 A4 drawings, digital prototype is complete. Selection of technical difficulties, personnel training Pakistani ... ... According to the schedule, all procedures were orderly. The young team of experienced avionics system design of our history has never been a severe test, just two years time, they were beautiful with a node declared "Xiaolong" avionics success of the project, realized in China Avionics system design from a technical introduction to the overall technical output of a historic leap.

Young is to dare to think dare

"The UAV in the design competition to do it!"

When this news reached the inside, many young people are cheering. These passionate young people, UAV Design Competition dream is no doubt that they sway the stage, is to provide young people with a practical exercise opportunities.

Starting from the day after application, Chengdu, the research building on the special bright light. Much suffering, Leia! But no more than the pursuit of dreams inspire their fighting spirit and perseverance.

Review site, Song Cong academicians came YANG total division came, division vice president who also came. Faced with these highly respected panel of judges consisting of experts, tension, cramped, more emotion and desire. Competition is a different philosophy, different ideological confrontation in the evaluation of the silent scene, every collision is flashing sparks burst idea is burning passion. At this moment, not matter who is first, and each program is unparalleled innovative, brilliant. Face a brand new design concept, the face of a higher technology, they dare to think dare, in the self-innovation and technology to achieve a leap in thinking.

My site I call the shots

If the UAV Design Competition gives young people love to dream about the dream stage, where it set up the Innovation Fund is to let their dreams come true accelerator. In 2007, the Institute staff to encourage and support young people to carry out innovative research, to promote youth talent development, strengthening science and technology team building, increase stamina continuous innovation technology, decided to come up with more than 500 million per year, as the innovation 基金 to each such dream opportunity for young people achieve their dreams.

Innovation Fund of the final statistics of the first applications out there are actually 100!

Determined in the final 80 subjects, nearly 90% of the charge of young people under the age of 35 as. These young people Innovation Fund support, a free hand, in their own field, or like, happy to practice the "my site I call the shots!" From topic selection to design, from selecting the team members to management team, from the technical to manage, every aspect of hands-on. Some of the work is to be active before, but this time totally different, and everybody rushed to express their own wishes, racked their brains to look for research methods.

Get a full range of exercise, which is the charge of almost every common feelings. At present, the Institute of Innovation Fund, many results have been applied to model the development and pre-research project, the Institute has brought real economic and social benefits, the most important is the exercise has the potential to have a number of innovative young talents.

Youth is like the morning sun, a vibrant and innovative spirit, AVIC Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute of youth through a variety of measures to tap the innovation potential and stimulate their creative passion to create a strong climate for innovation. Mobilize grass-roots level through the Innovation and Benefit for various youth activities, and guide young people to our posts, diligently and boldly explore, through the concepts, technology, management, systems and service innovation, and promote sustainable development in the Institute.

http://www.cannews.com.cn/zghkb/html...tent_6516.htm#

1169899_n.jpg

326743_n.jpg

Pictures courtesy: Syed Farhat Nadeem

Do we have any approximate cost per/ flying hour for JF17. I hope it should be lower than f16 that PAF has and it should be higher than J7. But is there any estimated figure in USD.

1169899_n.jpg

326743_n.jpg

Pictures courtesy: Syed Farhat Nadeem

JF-17 is good multi purpouse plane....... congratulation pakistan for the same:smitten:

But i was checking the data of the JF-17 and i found following data....

1) Radar range >= 115 Km Air to Air mode.

2) Weapon load >= 3.6 tons

3) Range >= 2000 km with or without drop tank .

4) Vary less use of Composite material( Which is not good for Trust to weight ratio and it reflects radar vary much)

5) No known Electronics Countermeasure.

I think Pakistan should go for around 20 to 40 planes for the same configuration but MUST upgrade it for betterment.

Please guys i Didn't mean Trolling:smitten:

Is there any planes for Upgrade:undecided:

Regards,

Mr. Cool

JF-17 is good multi purpouse plane....... congratulation pakistan for the same:smitten:

But i was checking the data of the JF-17 and i found following data....

1) Radar range >= 115 Km Air to Air mode.

2) Weapon load >= 3.6 tons

3) Range >= 2000 km with or without drop tank .

4) Vary less use of Composite material( Which is not good for Trust to weight ratio and it reflects radar vary much)

5) No known Electronics Countermeasure.

I think Pakistan should go for around 20 to 40 planes for the same configuration but MUST upgrade it for betterment.

Please guys i Didn't mean Trolling:smitten:

Is there any planes for Upgrade:undecided:

Regards,

Mr. Cool

Hi , The Innitial batch of Thunders Block 1 will consist on 50 Planes after that there are extensive upgrades waiting for newer Blocks .

Thunder will appear in 3 Blocks by the year 2015 if i am not wrong and yes there were planned upgrades of RC-400 radar and MBDA Mica BVRAAM along with Thales Avionics package.

Thanks to India the Deal has been Put on a hold for now .

But we will go ahead with it with all options available & here are some of the upgrades that could come in upcoming blocks.

Engine Replacement : WS-13
Use of Composite materials.
Better radar ie : Chinese AESA solution.
New Avionics Package.
Electronic warfare and Jamming Suite.
JHMS.
IRST.
IFR.
CFT's ??
Reduced RCS.
Improving aerodynamic performance by implying structural advancements.
And more.

Please Note , the Information you would get about this Jet on the Internet is a "General specs" version of it & NONE of the Real details and capabilities have been released including its actual Radar & electronics capabilities.

All we have heard so far is that our most Experianced F-16 Pilots are very happy with Flying Thunders which means alot.

regards:

here is an Artist's impression of a Future Block (PS)

25400_1377998523084_1025517435_1158699_7824389_n.jpg

Hi , The Innitial batch of Thunders Block 1 will consist on 50 Planes after that there are extensive upgrades waiting for newer Blocks .

Thunder will appear in 3 Blocks by the year 2015 if i am not wrong and yes there were planned upgrades of RC-400 radar and MBDA Mica BVRAAM along with Thales Avionics package.

Thanks to India the Deal has been Put on a hold for now .

But we will go ahead with it with all options available & here are some of the upgrades that could come in upcoming blocks.

Engine Replacement : WS-13
Use of Composite materials.
Better radar ie : Chinese AESA solution.
New Avionics Package.
Electronic warfare and Jamming Suite.
JHMS.
IRST.
IFR.
CFT's ??
Reduced RCS.
Improving aerodynamic performance by implying structural advancements.
And more.

Please Note , the Information you would get about this Jet on the Internet is a "General specs" version of it & NONE of the Real details and capabilities have been released including its actual Radar & electronics capabilities.

All we have heard so far is that our most Experianced F-16 Pilots are very happy with Flying Thunders which means alot.

regards:

here is an Artist's impression of a Future Block (PS)

25400_1377998523084_1025517435_1158699_7824389_n.jpg

My god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JF-17 will turn in to Beauty in the Future!!!!! no doubt about that...:smitten:

I think i will save it as my wallpaper in My MAC.....(as long as any of My Indian Brother Kill ME.....:woot: )

My god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JF-17 will turn in to Beauty in the Future!!!!! no doubt about that...:smitten:

I think i will save it as my wallpaper in My MAC.....(as long as any of My Indian Brother Kill ME.....:woot: )

Yes I hope so & also i wish that we must be able to Defend our own skies without relying upon any other country.

China is our Great friend and we are thankful for their part in this program.

In next 20 years China , India , Pakistan region will become a Powerhouse & we will enjoy peace if we solved our issues and found common grounds :pakistan:

i was expecting some decent replay.....:frown:

it's ok...................

My point was that pakistan should make JF-17 100% in pakistan including engine and radars and other avionics like india is doing with SU-30 mki now days :smitten:

And Please MR. atlantis i request you do some sensible posting next time onwards:angry:

My point was that pakistan should make JF-17 100% in pakistan including engine and radars and other avionics like india is doing with SU-30 mki now days :smitten:

And Please MR. atlantis i request you do some sensible posting next time onwards:angry:

India is NOT making "100%" of Su-MKI. The engine, radar, avionics, etc comes from the respective countries that produce them. Only some airframe building and assembly takes place in india.

Secondly, neither india nor china is able to produce an engine itself so it will be a long time before we produce one either. Same is true with certain other technologies that no country exports whatever "TOT" is mentioned.

Thirdly, building "everything" is not a **** measuring contest but one has to see what is financially better. Building an industry for "everything" is not a financially sound decision and even those who can do so are now going towards partnerships and developing fewer but more specialized industries. It just doesn't work the way you want things to happen.

we have taken step toward it
but its not like making paper plain
it will take time.............but we will
and i want to know how much time your lca has taken to reach this stage
so wait and watch

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan:

Last edited:
India is NOT making "100%" of Su-MKI. The engine, radar, avionics, etc comes from the respective countries that produce them. Only some airframe building and assembly takes place in india.

Secondly, neither india nor china is able to produce an engine itself so it will be a long time before we produce one either. Same is true with certain other technologies that no country exports whatever "TOT" is mentioned.

Thirdly, building "everything" is not a **** measuring contest but one has to see what is financially better. Building an industry for "everything" is not a financially sound decision and even those who can do so are now going towards partnerships and developing fewer but more specialized industries. It just doesn't work the way you want things to happen.

India have 100% TOT for SU-30mki.

Sukhoi Su-30MKI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HAL chairman said that "from next month onwards india will manufacture SU-30 mki from row M/T":smitten:

and i don't have to tell you the advantages of local manufacturing of military equpment, do i ?:undecided:

Just want to point out that india have 100% TOT of Su-30 Mki.

IN just 5 years in future india is going to have 100% TOT in PAKFA, MMRCA(F-18 or Tyfoon or Rafael) including Engine and Radar, while pakistan don't even have 100 % TOT of JF-17 !!!!!!!!

My Main point was, Get 100% TOT from China in JF-17, Give your own engineer,technical person and manufacturing sector work and more important experience in high tech equipments.

India and pakistan both were lacking in this field, but india have take many many serious steps.:smitten:

Knowledge is a vary powerfull weapon........ start useing it...:)

Last edited:
lo bhi ab jawab do or apna apna khoon jalao. hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom