What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, why does JF 17 always have two missiles on the tip, i dont think i have seen a pic without the wing tip missiles, whats the reason?
thnx

I have a question, why does JF 17 always have two missiles on the tip, i dont think i have seen a pic without the wing tip missiles, whats the reason?
thnx

Wingtips missiles plays a role in the different factors of aero dynamics of the aircraft. Major factor is the Fluttering of the aircraft at certain speeds and altitudes.

thnx

Since JF-17 is a fighter jet that almost always will have to carry missiles, the aircraft is designed to be optimized (for flying) with these two wingtip missiles. That means that the jet flies better with these two missiles than without it, even if the missiles are just empty weights dummy missiles). That's why you always see it with them.

F-16 is another such fighter optimized to fly with wingtip missiles.

For technically, its got to do with optimizing airflow over the wings that affects its aerodynamic behavior.

i am sorry sir.i'll respect my seniors from next time.i wasnt disrespecting him but frankly i called him dude.
but anyways i'll takecare,so sorry again.

youre a good guy - remember old fogies like me dont like being referred to as 'dude'!:cheers:stud would be fine:rofl:

Just an observation on my part. In this video one can observe the agility of JF-17 specially notice just how smooth the take off is ! Also it turns very fast. Although the video is posted here before but i noticed the incredible agility! Every time i see this video, i feel like saying "ALHAMDULILLAH"

Last edited by a moderator:
im not gonna lie. I will shed some tears when we phase out the A-5 fantans.....

those are AWESOME aircrafts, even to this day. And they have served PAF loyally and with grace.

God bless China for the cooperation.

and these were the only planes in paf which had the best flight safety record.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from DSI and dual seat, it looks like a carbon copy of the JF-17. Even hard points seem to be equal in number.

this plane have 3 pylons
jf-17 only have 2 pylons under each wing.... and on wing tip

this plane have 3 pylons
jf-17 only have 2 pylons under each wing.... and on wing tip

A5 may have more number of pylons then JF17 but JF17 can carry and deliver more ordinance then A5.

Weapons loads:

A5=2 Tons
JF17=3.6 Tons

Its a Thread for J-17s but just queries, what will Pakistan do with decommissioned A5s sell them or store them ?

Its a Thread for J-17s but just queries, what will Pakistan do with decommissioned A5s sell them or store them ?

I believe for a few years they will be mothballed, incase a near future emergency needs them to be in the air.

Then scrapped and major piece of the aircraft would be sold, and few components would be destroyed or sold to any A-5 user.

I believe for a few years they will be mothballed, incase a near future emergency needs them to be in the air.

Then scrapped and major piece of the aircraft would be sold, and few components would be destroyed or sold to any A-5 user.
what about Gifting them to bangladesh and serilanka 10 each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom