What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about Gifting them to bangladesh and serilanka 10 each

Well yes one option would be to gift them to BD, who can use some money and refurbish them and even can bring them to the Q-5L standard, fully capable to do precision strike mission in the form of LGBs / JDAMs of Chinese origin off course.

But am not sure, but don't think they would have much life left in them as we have been flying them for decades and used them good as we do fly very frequently. So no idea if BD would be interested in having them or not, but if they are, we should be giving them without a penny charged.

As for SL, they don't use A-5s, so no use of giving them an old fighter aircraft they don't use, but if we withdraw Mirages and F-7s, they can be given to them as they are their users.

And PAF will not fully release the A-5s so soon, they will most probably be kept in flyable condition till their replacement of atleast 2 Sqds of JF-17s aren't raised.

the air frames have pretty much met their full service life....

and i'll be first in line to salute those crafts....amazing machines

why can't PAF get gripen's radar for our jf-17......i mean we already have awacs from saab then why can't we get those radars....

why can't PAF get gripen's radar for our jf-17......i mean we already have awacs from saab then why can't we get those radars....

No one said you can't get them (yet ;)). Your AF needs to propose to SAAB for those radars.

Otherwise, Chinese Radar it is....
Also do realize that the Gripen will not be selected in the MRCA if they sell gripen's radars to PAF. Most likely SAAB will not sell these to Pakistan (if proposed) because they want that 10billion :D from India.

we will get missiles,weapons,radars,engine and all other aveonics
for our blockII from european firms and markets

SALEX VIXEN 500E ACTIVE ELECTRONICALLY SCANNED FIRE CONTROL RADAR
http://www.selex-sas.com/EN/Common/files/SELEX_Galileo/Products/Vixen_500E.pdf

SALEX VIXEN 1000ES ACTIVE ELECTRONICALLY SCANNED FIRE CONTROL

Vixen 1000ES AESA Fire Control Radar
The Vixen 1000ES radar is a wide field of regard system optimised for multi-role/ swing role operations. The system features comprehensive mode suite for both A/A and A/G including interleaved operation, ensuring high availability and reliability. The Vixen 1000ES, a collaborative programme with SELEX Galileo, SAAB Microwave and SAAB Aerosystems, builds on established technology from the European leaders in AESA radars and has a clear route map to future capability.

all we need a power full engine,and every thing will go in jf17 favour.
why not our engeniers test f16s engine on jf17.

a powerfull engine needs bigger fuel tank......and therefore they would have to change the design....

I am a new member here and while reading through I noticed a lot of information about the JF-17 and I must say that it looks formidable. But does any one have any real information on what makes it a 4.5 gen aircraft? The attributes of this aircraft are given generically

i don't think its a 4.5 generation fighter........but might evolve into one in near future....

No one said you can't get them (yet ;)). Your AF needs to propose to SAAB for those radars.

Also do realize that the Gripen will not be selected in the MRCA if they sell gripen's radars to PAF. Most likely SAAB will not sell these to Pakistan (if proposed) because they want that 10billion :D from India.

Come on, Gripen already knows that they are almost out of MRCA, a bird in hand is better then 2 in bush.

Originally Posted by jalip

gifting palnes to a friendly ination is much complex then it sounds. you will just be giving it to one county but there will be dozens of others that you will have to deal with and convince them so that you can give them to that nation... eg Indians might well be the first one to oppose this transfer to BD, there neighbour, in international community for some unknown reasons like they alway do...

regards!

Why should PAF go for gripen's radar?

May be you should ask yourself, What advantages does gripen's radar have over what PAF is looking at i.e. Vixen AESA, RC-400, etc?

It depends if Bangladesh are going to maintain it for a long time in which case they can be cannibalized for spares and PAF is willing to give them.

I believe they are going to keep it for some time, just in case there is a sudden war. After all, there is a whole team of pilots who have mastered this plane and can utilize their skills if and when needed. Over time,however, some instruments can probably be used on other planes, some may be discarded while the frame etc will be sold as scrap for recycling.

Last edited:

...but india probably won't go for gripen...

My question on what grounds india is buying stuff is it what india needs or is it they don't want pakistan to bought any thing?
take in to account the above argument if they wants to stop sales to pakistan that's what they should do each year to negate pakistan india should spend like this
USA 10 billion they will not do less then 10
france 4 billion pakistan cant ever go above 4
germany 4 billion to stop u boats and tanks
saab 3 billion to stop grippens

and above all 15 to 20 billion every year to russia to keep then happy
above all this 15 to 20 billion on training and infrastructure :chilli:

pakistan will have only Chinese option (third class hardware thats what india thinks) :rofl:

Chinese radar developments are not static........ it will be refined further and its specs. would improve.

If we put the wings of gripen to JF-17, it will be even better grippen... but from Pakistan....:cool:
I wonder if IAF would still be interested?
Though i doubt that india MRCA will ever materialize, so stop talking about it in every thread. :tdown:

Can any member PS JF-17 with grippen wings? :pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom