What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
it can support mica, meteor and amraam....

it can support mica, meteor, amraam....and 5th g wvr missiles...

Last edited:
does the radars mentioned above have terrain mapping facility
if any one have then its cool;)

My question on what grounds india is buying stuff is it what india needs or is it they don't want pakistan to bought any thing?
take in to account the above argument if they wants to stop sales to pakistan that's what they should do each year to negate pakistan india should spend like this
USA 10 billion they will not do less then 10
france 4 billion pakistan cant ever go above 4
germany 4 billion to stop u boats and tanks
saab 3 billion to stop grippens

and above all 15 to 20 billion every year to russia to keep then happy
above all this 15 to 20 billion on training and infrastructure :chilli:

pakistan will have only Chinese option (third class hardware thats what india thinks) :rofl:

Oh comeon, when have i said India's intentions are to stop sales to Pakistan? Our MRCA deal. To help our AF. Gripen submitted it's proposal. That doesn't convert India's intentions as you've said. We're not buying to stop sales to Pak. But what i said was, if we buy; (or in process) those companies won't risk their deal for Pakistan.

Chinese radar developments are not static........ it will be refined further and its specs. would improve.

If we put the wings of gripen to JF-17, it will be even better grippen... but from Pakistan....:cool:
I wonder if IAF would still be interested?
Though i doubt that india MRCA will ever materialize, so stop talking about it in every thread. :tdown:

Can any member PS JF-17 with grippen wings? :pakistan:

Better gripen? :rofl:
Please. Don't overestimate the Jf-17.
I've been reading a lot of speculations to what the IAF will choose.... but i doubt these are true. IAF are the ones conducting the evaluations. Common man like us doesn't know where which aircraft stands other than virtual evaluations based on their specs. We never know who'll be chosen.

But I doubt saab will be thinking like you guys anyways.... they still are going to try for the deal.

So what makes the Jf-17 better than the Gripen (if it's "wings" are changed?)

Oh comeon, when have i said India's intentions are to stop sales to Pakistan? Our MRCA deal. To help our AF. Gripen submitted it's proposal. That doesn't convert India's intentions as you've said. We're not buying to stop sales to Pak. But what i said was, if we buy; (or in process) those companies won't risk their deal for Pakistan.

Better gripen? :rofl:
Please. Don't overestimate the Jf-17.
I've been reading a lot of speculations to what the IAF will choose.... but i doubt these are true. IAF are the ones conducting the evaluations. Common man like us doesn't know where which aircraft stands other than virtual evaluations based on their specs. We never know who'll be chosen.

But I doubt saab will be thinking like you guys anyways.... they still are going to try for the deal.

So what makes the Jf-17 better than the Gripen (if it's "wings" are changed?)

who said i am complaining pakistan will be happy with china if india goes spending billions with out any direction good luck with MRCA deal My point hare is that india should go for 2 or 3 platform not 5 or 6 that will complicate thing difficult to absorb technology
china can buy any thing they want from russian of the shelf they have huge foreign reserve they are not doing it because they want to go slow and steady so that they can utilize every thing properly

as the first squad of JF17 will be in Pak, where will be the weapons testing takeing place. Is it in Pakistan or China.

Also If Jf17 can drop LGB now whether PAF will use it against taliban in current operation.

Last edited:
as the first squad of JF17 will be in Pak, where will be the weapons testing takeing place. Is it in Pakistan or China.

Also If Jf17 can drop LGB now whether PAF will use it against taliban in current operation.

all weapons (including number of locally manufactured weapons), prototypes have been tested years ago.....
JF-17 is in serial production phase........PAF already have 12+ JF-17....
1sqd will be in air in Mid 2010..
2nd will be in early 2011.

JF-17 Block II will be in air 2011/12 :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Weapon testing in China has taken place, but currently Pakistan is doing its own testing and as per last info weapon testing is in progress.

And if they become operation and can launch LGBs, they will be used as taking up an F-16 or a Mirage for those strikes takes more money then what JF-17 will use.

But main problem is that what kind of LGBs would be incorporated, if its Chinese, then we have to buy them and get them into our arsenal, which will again take some time.

So it will take time to know the full answers.

Please also remember that to use PGM, we use Mirage 5 Rose II (inbuilt pod) and F16's with LANTIRN pods, and since we have not seen any integrated pod JF17's as yet, it is safe to assume that PGM technology has not been fully tested as yet, or at-least disclosed as yet.

Regards,
Sapper

Please also remember that to use PGM, we use Mirage 5 Rose II (inbuilt pod) and F16's with LANTIRN pods, and since we have not seen any integrated pod JF17's as yet, it is safe to assume that PGM technology has not been fully tested as yet, or at-least disclosed as yet.

Regards,
Sapper

Actual issue it that what PGMs and pods would be used on JF-17s. If they are Chinese, then they have tested their PGMs and are inducting them into PLAN & PLAAF integrated with their own targeting pods. So it won't be much of a problem to use it with JF-17 as they would be tested systems.

But if we have to integrate Western ones, then may be some additional work would be required to make the targeting pod and PGMs work.

But i believe its time that PAF start testing and if found good enough induct Chinese PGMs. Their specifications as told are excellent if compared to western ones and they have both LGBs and JDAMs technology to provide, which we may get as ToT and would be free from foreign dependence. Plus Chinese equivalent of GPS system the Beidou would be up in a few years, so no worries if GPS signals get blocked or not available to us by US.

can anyone post any pic of jf-17(going through weapons testing)?

can anyone post any pic of jf-17(going through weapons testing)?

not exactly testing but something relevant i guess...

JF-17_13.jpg

Actual issue it that what PGMs and pods would be used on JF-17s. If they are Chinese, then they have tested their PGMs and are inducting them into PLAN & PLAAF integrated with their own targeting pods. So it won't be much of a problem to use it with JF-17 as they would be tested systems.

But if we have to integrate Western ones, then may be some additional work would be required to make the targeting pod and PGMs work.

But i believe its time that PAF start testing and if found good enough induct Chinese PGMs. Their specifications as told are excellent if compared to western ones and they have both LGBs and JDAMs technology to provide, which we may get as ToT and would be free from foreign dependence. Plus Chinese equivalent of GPS system the Beidou would be up in a few years, so no worries if GPS signals get blocked or not available to us by US.
AFAIK, Pakistan has signed (or will eventually) an MoU with Turkey regarding the joint-development of precision-guided munitions. Furthermore, Pakistan also has the option to work on its own JDAM-kit with South Africa through the latter's "Umbani" program. Thus, there are a range of good options beyond Chinese and American/Western, and in the case of H2/H4, Pakistan has pursued them, and will likely do so again. It is likely that these systems will be integrated on the JF-17 alongside a next-generation BVRAAM and 5th-generation WVRAAM & HMD/S.

A very interesting area of to look out for is joint-development of ECM/EW with Turkey for use on JF-17, as well as eventual addition of AESA radar (Selex-Galileo or NRIET).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom