What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see TVC Engines, Super Cruise, AESA Radars, unmatched ECM/Jamming and some stealth capability for our JF-17's in the near future. I would also like to see first look first kill BVR Missile development in collaboration with China for JF-17's. Maybe also a 2 engine version some time.....

Well, JF-17 production can be further delayed due financial constraints. These may also result into avionics of chinese origion against the planned italian. But according to the test pilots of JF-17, the chinese radar is pretty good.

This is a good beginning for Pakistan that it is entering the Defence Export market

I hope that the squadron would start functioning by mid of this year. Frds, prey that i get a chance to fly this machine :)

I hope that the squadron would start functioning by mid of this year. Frds, prey that i get a chance to fly this machine :)

Inshallah, and be sure to take some pictures when you do. ;)

I would like to see TVC Engines, Super Cruise, AESA Radars, unmatched ECM/Jamming and some stealth capability for our JF-17's in the near future. I would also like to see first look first kill BVR Missile development in collaboration with China for JF-17's. Maybe also a 2 engine version some time.....

That is a pretty big wish list there and a lot of it would require a major redesign of the airframe.

Some of the features are already being looked into, others are just overkill and will appear with the planned acquisition of FC-20/J-10B.

Lets take your shopping list one by one:

TVC - A possibility for FC-20, definitely not going to be implemented in JF-17 since it will cause much delay due required structural redesigning.

Super Cruise - Again FC-20 since it will be powered by AL-31 or the Chinese variant allowing max speed of Mach 2.2+ or even higher.

AESA - Its being looked into for the Block II JF-17 which is still atleast 2.5 years away from roll out.
FC-20 will definitely have AESA.

ECM/Jamming Systems - With the induction of Aew&cs, the JF-17 won't need it since its not meant for IDS (Interdiction Strike) and will basically fullfil the role of Interception, Air Supression, Close Air Support, possibly Recce and Battlefield Interdiction within Pak Aerospace...all in net centric warfare with the AEW&CS providing ECM/ELINT/Comms.
FC-20 will have ECM/Jamming capability for the Deep Penetration variant.

Stealth Capability - JF-17 already has a very small RCS but Stealth Coating will certainly boost its capability. FC-20 might appear with Stealth Coating, I believe its being tested on J-10B.

BVR - JF-17 is equipped with SD-10 in standard config, Matra Magic will be included depending on the outcome of negotiations with SAGEM who's currently presenting a new flight/fire control system for the JF-17.
FC-20 will have SD-10 and Magic, possible other advanced designs.

Twin Engine - Overkill for JF-17 for the role its been desiged for but all options are open for Block II and FC-20. :coffee:

Last edited:
ECM/Jamming Systems - With the induction of Aew&cs, the JF-17 won't need it since its not meant for IDS (Interdiction Strike) and will basically fullfil the role of Interception, Air Supression, Close Air Support, possibly Recce and Battlefield Interdiction within Pak Aerospace...all in net centric warfare with the AEW&CS providing ECM/ELINT/Comms.
FC-20 will have ECM/Jamming capability for the Deep Penetration variant.

Wait a sec neo! to be specific, only first 50 JF-17 batch "basic version" will full fill the roles you have mentioned. block II and III will be fully capable of penetrating Indian air space remember brazil has just sold 100 SEAD MAR-1 missiles for JF-17s and lately South Korea displayed its latest ECM Pod "ALQ-200K" in IDEAS 2008, so i am confident to say that later JF-17 batch will R@pe indian air space:woot:! and of course fully capable of conducting all PAF tasks and not just AD role.

BVR - JF-17 is equipped with SD-10 in standard config, Matra Magic will be included depending on the outcome of negotiations with SAGEM who's currently presenting a new flight/fire control system for the JF-17.
FC-20 will have SD-10 and Magic, possible other advanced designs.

Magic? its good time is over and now its about time for PAF to move on to next generation and MICA IR & RF will be thunders new primary AAM package, A-darter is on the list as well. i think Aim-9 and SD-10 will work as stop measuring gap for first 50 batch until MICA is inducted in couple of years along with RC-400 though it will be up to PAF if they wanna keep SD-10.
Metoer is on PAF evaluation list for thunders but defiantly a good option for FC-20.

till to time when JF 17 will be upgraded world will be in stealthy mode in context of crafts so ......... u should understand

till to time when JF 17 will be upgraded world will be in stealthy mode in context of crafts so ......... u should understand

:what:

buddy pakistan is not going to be taking on the whole "world" neither pakistan has so much $$$$ for 100% stealth fleet!
even unstealthy fighters will still numerically dominate in USAF untill 2020!

Sir iam sure ACM Tanvir is trying its level best to equip a squadron before his retirement and AM Khalid is doing great job.....iam very much impressed by Shining career of all the Thunder riders esp the OC(with two Green Endorsements for handling serious flight emergencies during his career):pakistan:

i hav 1 question to all ppl PAKISTAN and CHINA joint air craft fighter jf17

pakistan i see video where they tell pakistan is working in wings and tails

can some body tell pakistan airforce where and which parts of jf17 is makeing o manyfactoure...

here the link where say ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom