What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excluding Indians...
Brothers i've a question do you think as time passes by till 2015 Pakistan would be able to bring changes to JF-17 like enhanced well established size length to make it as a single engine fighter bomber (chinese engine) Do you guys think Pakistan will be working on it to save $$$ as well haveing a nice fighter bomber that can later on carry ground attack naval workload. Answers and Comments plz cuz i strongly think this will take place around 2016 and on. Isn't it a bright Idea??

engine is the most difficult part of the Aviation industry . A complete new engine will take at least 5 years
"Tai hang" engine is now equipped to J10A and J11B, I think we need some time to improve and enhance.

are we in progress of making an fighter enginr?, as indian are ,KAVERI,. i kept saying we must develop technology on our own. it is greate to have friends like China, long live China republic or must develop an engine with chinese with most of our inputs.

Hello,

I hope we are not in the process of making a fighter engine at this time or in the next ten years. The research and cost to build a fighter jet engine would play very heavy on the national exchequer. If there was an engine ready in ten years from now----first of all it would be obsolete as there will be engines available from other countriers which are far advanced.

Technically speaking, countries like pakistan ( as they are doing it right now )should work with their reliable allies and participate in the design and manufacturing of the desired technology.

Hello,

I hope we are not in the process of making a fighter engine at this time or in the next ten years. The research and cost to build a fighter jet engine would play very heavy on the national exchequer. If there was an engine ready in ten years from now----first of all it would be obsolete as there will be engines available from other countriers which are far advanced.

Technically speaking, countries like pakistan ( as they are doing it right now )should work with their reliable allies and participate in the design and manufacturing of the desired technology.

Spot on. However, we could ask the Chinese for an engine production license in order to produce the engines locally. We could overhaul the engines and also produce engines for export. It would require investment, but considering the advantages well worth it.

China itself is currently relying on Russia for engines.

They are on the verge of creating a jet fighter engine but this is stil several years away. Even then its performancve will not match the 4 leaders in this field.

USA
FRANCE
UK
RUSSIA.
These are the the ones that pakistan needs for engine tech.

but has india found out. THEY WON,T GIVE FULL TOT

China itself is currently relying on Russia for engines.

They are on the verge of creating a jet fighter engine but this is stil several years away. Even then its performancve will not match the 4 leaders in this field.

USA
FRANCE
UK
RUSSIA.
These are the the ones that pakistan needs for engine tech.

but has india found out. THEY WON,T GIVE FULL TOT

You make no sense! You think India is god? :P

Hi,

At best pakistan should be happy to get the ability to completely overhaul and rebuild these engines at their discretion for their own equipment and also for other countries.

The big names dominate the world of jet engine manufacturing and it will stay the same for possibly the next 15 to 25 years.

There is a very good chance that the JF 17 would become a replacement for the mig 21 in due time----chinese and russian engines will do the biddings for most of the sales----pakistan may ultimately choose for a french engine ( out of habbit ) but still chinese and russian engines will be the main stay for this plane.

Anyone has any update when the first squadron of JF-17 is expected to be combat ready with PAF?
Anyone seen these birds being test flighted by our aces in the past few months?

JF-17 Thunder Displayed for the First Time

Wednesday, 28 November, 2008

Pakistan started mass production of the JF-17 Thunder in January 2008. About 17 JF-17 will be inducted into the PAF by the end of 2008.:pakistan: The first batch of 50 JF-17 Thunder aircrafts will be equipped with the Chinese/Pakistani avionics and missiles, while the later aircraft are to be equipped with more advanced radars and missiles including those of western makes. The JF-17 is said to be much more maintenance friendly compared to the F-16 currently in service with the PAF.

Meanwhile, France has offered Pakistan its RC-400 radar and MBDA MICA missile for the aircraft. However, AESA radar of different makes have also been offered to the Pakistan Air Force and the MBDA Meteor missile too is on the cards. :pakistan:

Pakistan has begun negotiations with British, Italian, and French defence firms over potential avionics and other systems for the JF-17 Thunder aircrafts.

Pakistan Air Force hopes to induct 150 aircraft into its inventory in the first phase, under an agreement with the Chinese company, and the total could go up to 250 aircraft. The JF-17 will form the backbone of Pakistan to replace aging Pakistan’s MiG-21-derived Chengdu F-7, Nanchang A-5 and Mirage III/V currently in service. So far some 12 countries have expressed interest in purchasing the JF-17 aircraft; Azerbaijan, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Algeria and Sudanhttp://www.ideaspakistan.gov.pk/ideas2008/downloads/IDEAS2008_EventBulletin_2.pdf

Hi,

At best pakistan should be happy to get the ability to completely overhaul and rebuild these engines at their discretion for their own equipment and also for other countries.

Good point and to add, Pakistan should go after manufacturing of spares because that has always been an issue.

Most of the jets require certain parts replaced after a few sorties and in previous wars suppliers were not able to provide spares due to sanctions or political pressure.

Its good to see the picture of W/C Imran Qadir from 91st GD(P). We had graduated the same day on June 4, 1992. I was the engineering cadet.
Imran Qadir and Mohsin Hayat Ranjha were simply the finest guys of their era at Risalpur.
It's also good to see the Rashid Habib. I guess he was from my squandron # 2 from PAF academy, probably from 94th or 93rd GD(P) course.
I wish all of them good luck...

SSGPA1,

You hit the nail right on the head----the items that are replaced on regular basis should be and must be the first priority in our air craft reconditioning and rebuild industry.

It truly will be a happy medium for our aircraft industry---we are not investing an astronomical amount in re-inventing the wheel---aka---manufacturing a jet aircraft engine from scratch---these small parts will increase the self esteem of our manufacturing industry and give it a solid base in becoming suppliers for everyday utility parts for the JF 17 aircraft. I am pretty sure that some of the parts are being manufactured as of now.

guy relax nobody it ain't going to happen till 2025 when pakistan starts making engines for planes.

By the way i have a question thought i asked a question before non of u even read it weird seem you guys are more interested in unrealistic things then real jk i asked do you think as time passes by till 2015 Pakistan would be able to bring changes to JF-17 like enhanced well established size length to make it as a single engine fighter bomber (chinese engine) Do you guys think Pakistan will be working on it to save $$$ as well haveing a nice fighter bomber that can later on carry ground attack naval workload. Answers and Comments plz cuz i strongly think this will take place around 2016 and on. Isn't it a bright Idea??

Ok to my question..do you think Germany has anything to offer or Germany has anything Pakistan can ask for its JF-17 Thunder..?? Interesting question can kill a deal or possible deal with French just a dream for now thou lol.

Last edited:
Good point and to add, Pakistan should go after manufacturing of spares because that has always been an issue.

Most of the jets require certain parts replaced after a few sorties and in previous wars suppliers were not able to provide spares due to sanctions or political pressure.

1、To upgrade industry of Pakistan.It's very Important than buy some Advanced aircrafts.

2、 Aircraft sales (JF17) can Reduce paf's cost.

Today,then are many Second-generation aircrafts. And 3gen aircrafts are very expensive .

For example

BD buy only 8 mig29s. Then are Limited for it's need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom