What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if I didn't know this and agree to, that Pakistan's expertise gained on F-16 was instrumental in JF-17s development, IceCold, that in no way explains the two things I mentioned.

1. Extraordinary capabilities of the company behind it, and for decades being on the cutting edge, with seemingly endless amount of money, research and arguably the best brains behind to achieve it. I quoted the REVENUE of one YEAR of the company being almost 1/3 of Pakistans nominal GDP, the extraordinary amount of research available to them already - let us get real, these things are not dented by Pakistan's experience with F-16. While however it can be a good platform for what it may be intended to do, against India, I do not question that.

2. What can be copied, or achieved is probably airframe, engines, thrust to weight ratio and other such flight dynamics. Even that is a commendable job if achieved, and going by what I have inferred till now - probably that has been already. IMO the advanced suit of Avionics newest F-16s are equipped with (I read somewhere about a possible AESA radar, or is it already integrated onboard the falcon now? though even without it... all others including the missile suit) - will literally bring everything down to dust for the thunder when American F-16s are pitted against it.

Dhruv do you remember the time period of the 90s when Pakistan was under the US sactions and during this time PAF was effected the most as the F-16 was our main workhorse and there were no spares for the F-16s and PAF was trying very hard to keep the birds alive.
so PAF definately developed the skills and experience that they moved on with it and using the CHinese expertise in aviation industry and our experience, we came out with the ultimate flying machine. I use the word ultimate because at the present stage its far better then the A/B types that we are using, it gives us our fist BVR capability and not to forget the most important aspect of it and that is the cost issue. Also while you mentioned the budget of the lockhead, i agree but remember Pakistan did not re-invent the wheel as in case of the Indian LCA, we are buying stuff on and off the shelve to be used on the JF. That saves cost and at the same time enhances the performance of the JF because those products are developed by the best firms in aviation field all around the world.
I hope that answers the question.

after iaf fighter jets violated pakistan aerospace i think paf ask china tp provide paf j 10 fighter jets very fast adn buy some more surface to air missile

after iaf fighter jets violated pakistan aerospace i think paf ask china tp provide paf j 10 fighter jets very fast adn buy some more surface to air missile

I dont think so. Showing muscle at this moment is detrimental. Remain calm and continue to offer to help. Nothing is going to happen. You have to understand that in international politics it is not direct confrontation which one seeks but a situation were your opponent is floored without you lifting a finger. If we had not played our cards right international pressure on us would have been such that we would have had to do far more that what we have done now.
Araz

CJCSC witnesses co-production of JF-17 Thunder aircraft
Updated at: 2312 PST, Saturday, December 20, 2008
CJCSC witnesses co-production of JF-17 Thunder aircraft CHENGDU: Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) General Tariq Majid visited Chengdu to see the progress of work on Pakistan-China co-production of JF-17 Thunder aircraft for Pakistan Air Force.

The project was contracted in April 1999 for joint development and co-production of a state of the art combat aircraft by Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra, said an ISPR press release.

With joint efforts of the Chinese and Pakistani engineers, work on the project started in 2002 and the first proto type aircrafts made its maiden flight in 2003, which is called a miracle in aircraft development.

The first batch of two aircraft participated in the fly past on

March 23rd Joint Services Parade in 2007 and a batch of 8 aircraft is now being flown for extensive user trials in Pakistan since March 2008. These aircrafts have already made more than 1000 sorties.

While appreciating progress of the project General Tariq said that co-production of JF-17 Thunder aircraft is a significant milestone of Pak-China strategic cooperative partnership, which on completion will become the main strength of Pakistan Air Force and will replace its ageing medium technology fleet of Mirages, F-6 and F-7 fighter aircrafts.

dude any body tells me that how and with what tech JF17 can attack in night and day

Chengdu, China, 20 December: General Tariq Majid, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) visited Chengdu to see the progress of work on Pakistan-China co-production of JF 17 Thunder aircraft for Pakistan Air Force.
The project was contracted in April 1999 for joint development and co-production of a state of the art combat aircraft by Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra. With joint efforts of the Chinese and Pakistani engineers, work on the project started in 2002 and the first proto type aircraft made its maiden flight in 2003, which is called a miracle in aircraft development. The first batch of two aircraft participated in the fly past on 23 March Joint Services Parade in 2007 and a batch of 8 aircraft is now being flown for extensive user trials in Pakistan since March 2008. These aircrafts have already made more than 1000 sorties.
On arrival at Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC), Mr. Wang Guang Ya, Vice President of CAC, Mr. Ma Zhi Ping, Vice President of China Aero Technology Import and Export Corporation (CATIC), Air Commodore Junaid K Rehan, Chief Representative Pakistan Air Force and Mr. Masood Khan, Pakistan's Counsel General in Chengdu accorded welcome to the CJCSC and gave a detailed briefing on the pace of work besides conducting his visit to the aircraft production facility.
While appreciating progress of the project General Tariq said that co production of JF 17 Thunder aircraft is a significant milestone of Pak-China strategic cooperative partnership, which on completion will become the main strength of Pakistan Air Force and will replace its ageing medium technology fleet of Mirages, F-6 and F-7 fighter aircrafts.
In the evening, Commander of Xingiang Area Command hosted a banquet in honour of the CJCSC and his delegation at Urmiqi.

General Tariq Majid, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) during his visit to Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC), China on Saturday. (20-12-2008) - Photo ISPR

guys we shouldnt be comparing jf17 with any of the f16s. jf17 is meant to replace our mirages, f6 and f7 and for this purpose it is so far the best machine. imagine when we will be having jf17 flyin along with our f16s(old and new) and j 10s. in addition to that we will be having refuling aircrafts and awcs both chinease and swiss. though small but it will be a hell of an airforce. and we will be havin all this only three years from now...

General Tariq Majid, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) during his visit to Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC), China on Saturday. (20-12-2008) - Photo ISPR

Good to see that this airframe is still alive....i thought it was changed after Pt-04 and 06 phase;)

Good to see that this airframe is still alive....i thought it was changed after Pt-04 and 06 phase;)

but we are getting thunders based on pt-04 which have DSI, LEX and larger wingspan the only problem is that this bird is still underpowered :undecided:

guys we shouldnt be comparing jf17 with any of the f16s. jf17 is meant to replace our mirages, f6 and f7 and for this purpose it is so far the best machine. imagine when we will be having jf17 flyin along with our f16s(old and new) and j 10s. in addition to that we will be having refuling aircrafts and awcs both chinease and swiss. though small but it will be a hell of an airforce. and we will be havin all this only three years from now...

Always say Inshallah..! ;)
And damn, I really can't wait for these planes to be inducted and used by our airforce! :D

Hello every one plz tel me Chaina have not long range air to air missle. why we should get it from china. now in this verge of war we should get more JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter. We Love You Pak Army, Allah ho Akbar Pakistan zinda bad Pakistan pinda bad

Hello every one plz tel me Chaina have not long range air to air missle. why we should get it from china.

can u plz explain what do u mean over here. china has been the most reliable friend of pakistan. buyin technology from china means our supply line will not get effected if world decides to impose sanctions on us.
:china::pakistan:

He can be used to experiment a lot of things

:china::pakistan:

yup. its a great start. and further research can help us come up with something totally different and a lot better. joint ventures bw the two countries should be encouraged as it not only increases trust but also brings ppl of the two countries together.:pakistan::cheers::china:

First you must educate yourself on the needs of the Serbian air force. Then, you must study the JF-17 without a biased viewpoint. After that, go to bed, think about what you said, and tomorrow come back and apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom