What's new

JF-17 Block III Multirole Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official specs from Cac listed max speed for jf at 1.67 which eq 2000 plus kph it was posted in this forum but I guess Mach speed are usually specified in even # like 1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6 , 1.8, 2.0, 2.2 so on no one list 1.7 perhaps Russians may be but not in west correct ??

Lots of people were sure we'd get them before 2018.

And when will Myanmar get their planes? Any info will be appreciated.

The PAF Chief of Air Staff (CAS) said it'll enter production in 2019 or 2020.

Why are we waiting until 2019?
  • Is that because block-II targets are not met yet and our production lines are busy producing block-IIs? or
  • Are we waiting for some technology to mature which will be used in block-IIIs? or
  • Is there a financial aspect to it?
Which one is the case?

Probably takes time just to finalise the block 3

In the meantime they will complete the block 2 production, ensure block 1s are update and fulfill current export orders

• Is that because block-II targets are not met yet and our production lines are busy producing block-IIs? or
  • Are we waiting for some technology to mature which will be used in block-IIIs? or
  • Or is there a financial aspect to it?
Which one is the case?
They're waiting because (1) some technology has not been available to the PAF, and if it is, needs some time to mature and be production-ready (i.e. AESA radar, HMD/S, etc) and (2) the PAF wants to make sure its subsystem selections work together the appropriate level right from the start.

They're waiting because (1) some technology has not been available to the PAF, and if it is, needs some time to mature and be production-ready (i.e. AESA radar, HMD/S, etc) and (2) the PAF wants to make sure its subsystem selections work together the appropriate level right from the start.

If this is the case, I see block-II production rate will also drop - and we may not see 24 jets produced a year - unless we are filling export orders.

And a supplementary question: why doesn't Saudi Arabia buy JF-17s? On one side, they want to use our manpower and strategic assets and on the other, they are not inducting what we are skilled to use. Is that a bad strategy on their part (as well as a bad sales pitch on our part) or do they really think JF-17s wouldn't cut for them?

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
If this is the case, I see block-II production rate will also drop - and we may not see 24 jets produced a year - unless we are filling export orders.

And a supplementary question: why doesn't Saudi Arabia buy JF-17s? On one side, they want to use our manpower and strategic assets and on the other, they are not inducting what we are skilled to use. Is that a bad strategy on their part (as well as a bad sales pitch on our part) or do they really think JF-17s wouldn't cut for them?

What are your thoughts?
Nope they'll add more Block-IIs than originally planned. 12 Block-IIs will be built for the PAF in 2018. They might take this gap as an opportunity to build a complete JF-17 OCU unit using JF-17B. As for KSA, foreign relations matter a lot in big-ticket defence sales, that's why the US and UK will always maintain a massive hold on KSA.

Another thing I wanted to ask you @Bilal Khan (Quwa), in the future would it be possible to upgrade block-Is into block-IIIs?
I'm not sure to be honest. The Block-III will have three-axis flight control system and 9 hardpoints, these are pretty significant and it may simply more feasible to add more Block-III-based fighters than to remanufacture old frames.

• Is there a financial aspect to it?
Which one is the case?
3 Countries have ordered JF-17s from Pakistan .
Nigeria
Myanmar
Senegal - Deal to be signed soon for 4 Thunders .
SO I think PAF will make thunders for these countries in this time period , Btw PAF will have 50 block 2s by starting of 2018 then PAF will go for 12 extra block 2s in this time period . So PAF will have 50 block 1s and 62 Block 2s .

3 Countries have ordered JF-17s from Pakistan .
Nigeria
Myanmar
Senegal - Deal to be signed soon for 4 Thunders .
SO I think PAF will make thunders for these countries in this time period , Btw PAF will have 50 block 2s by starting of 2018 then PAF will go for 12 extra block 2s in this time period . So PAF will have 50 block 1s and 62 Block 2s .

What's you source for Senegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom