What's new

No 17 ''Tigers'' Squadron First To Re-Equip With JF-17 Block-3

there should be no difference in the radar picture that the pilot sees, except he will be seeing a longer distance

so you mean to say that there will be no difference when it comes to operating the newer AESA radar and the old radar?

Missing front MAWS and hardpoint. Are you sure this is a block 3?
Not sure how you can see MAWS from this angle as even Block 2 comes with them.
Hard points are also removable.
The bigger launch rail makes me think its Block 3
@Hodor , Sir your thoughts.

The photographer confirmed it to be block 1, serial is 08-106

Different photo but same aircraft

FB_IMG_1634918817065.jpg

View attachment 786925
Are they the making the old block fully FBW as part of the mid-life upgrade? Replacement of FCCs, removing mechanical linkages and replacing them with electric actuators for primary flight control surfaces... Should be theoretically possible now that we have a working all axis FBW on an identical airframe in the form of Block-3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love you brother but f-7 PG is not ugly, it’s a beautiful plane which served well when we had nothing. Today those double delta wings will be in service for some time to come in a CAS and point defense role

K
i have no issue if they remain in CCS or in PAC . yes they served like any other ac sir i did not hate them but the issue is they have expired long time ago they must go .

It's really interesting that PAF has chosen to replace the PGs instead of the Mirages first. I thought we would be keeping PGs on for at least another 10 years.

PGs we inducted in mid 90s whilst some of the ROSE MIrages are from 1970s. So seems PAF deems them more worthy and will hold onto these. If PGs go then (apart from combat trainings sqds) that really is the end of the F-7 in PAF service. Ultimately my gut feeling is that it's lack of range sealed it's fate

It's really interesting that PAF has chosen to replace the PGs instead of the Mirages first. I thought we would be keeping PGs on for at least another 10 years.

PGs we inducted in mid 90s whilst some of the ROSE MIrages are from 1970s. So seems PAF deems them more worthy and will hold onto these. If PGs go then (apart from combat trainings sqds) that really is the end of the F-7 in PAF service. Ultimately my gut feeling is that it's lack of range sealed it's fate
PGs were inducted in early 2000s, that said they have a lower designed life than Mirages. However the reason for Mirages soldiering on is because unlike the PGs we saw the utility to put up rebuild facilities.

At this point the ROSE Mirages from 70s that you mention are more like 3 mirages from 70s, e.g. Baseline French AF airframe, Australian/ Spanish wings with Libyan engines.

These guys shouldn't be running private promotion having an official tag or being part of the family. It is like taking advantage unless, he is doing for official use.

Don't be a kill joy this has absolutely nothing to do with anything (PRIVATE)
but if you still don't like it
I'll let the air chief know that a mod on PDF wants him to rein in his boys for making a patch

View attachment 786925

Seems like the Block I aircraft also had fuel tanks in the cockpit...kudos to the Pakistani engineers for convincing the Chinese of this idea, as far as I know, this is the first time in the history of aviation this has been tried, a brilliant achievement ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like the Block I aircraft also had fuel tanks in the cockpit...kudos to the Pakistani engineers for convincing the Chinese of this idea, as far as I know, this is the first time in the history of aviation this has been tried, a brilliant achievement ;)

:omghaha: Indeed, a good one!

Don't be a kill joy this has absolutely nothing to do with anything (PRIVATE)
but if you still don't like it
I'll let the air chief know that a mod on PDF wants him to rein in his boys for making a patch

I am so afraid of reaction Sir. Please Sir. Don't bother. I can't imagine my message being delivered to ACM Sir. It will be a honour Sir but no please. My mistake to share an opinion Sir. You offended Sir?

:omghaha: Indeed, a good one!
I will save these posts for the nay sayers.

Back
Top Bottom