What's new

JF-17 Block-3 ''D'' Prototype

Hi,

No it is not.

The flight parameters of the MIG21 airframe structure are totally different than those of the JF17.

The flight parameters of any 3rd gen aircraft are totally different than those of any 4th gen aircraft---.

Hi,

The word is SEMI STEALTH---. The signature of the JF can be reduced thru certain measure.

A 5th gen stealth aircraft has to have canted double tails or no tail.

In 1985, the original code name of JF-17 was F-7CP (J-7CP).

IMG_20220721_060354.jpg

IMG_20220721_060402.jpg

In 1985, the original code name of JF-17 was F-7CP (J-7CP).

View attachment 863734
View attachment 863735

Hi,

Youngman---that code name was to deceive the west to what was coming.

Paf had thoroughly researched the Grippen---the F-20 Tigershark and the F18 by that time---not to mention the F-16.

And last of all---the Leader of this JF17 program was the lead pilot of the F16 project---and if you knew urdu and had listened to his interview where he stated that he got threatened by the US charge d affairs that if the JF17 would have a single nut that is a copy of F16---there will be dire circumstances for him to face. This interview is on youtube on public forum---.

Well---the charge d affairs did not know that the man in question did not take well to threats.

See son---it is an engineering dillema----when you have access to modern design---it is technically impossible to go backwards.

The human brain does not work that way---it does not go back and manufacture an old technology when new one is available.

If you are an engineer---then try doing then try manufacturing something---you find it next to impossible to make it---.

For that very reason---we have people who restore classic equipment.

If you are in an engineering school---then ask your instructors---how does engineering process work.

They will tell you that the human brain is an evolutionary machine---. If it has the resources---it is designed by default to make an equal or better item in question.

Last edited:
@Raja Porus @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

I imagined SEAD/DEAD duties were going to UCAVs, loitering munitions and long range artillery.
Till now, out MLRS will have a range of 100kms of fired from 40kms inside Pak territory. Thus they can afford to put their LRSAM further inland and still be able to provide AD, while remaining can be covered by S/QRSAM, of which India has plenty; with S400, the upcoming EXRSAM and ABM providing the overall umbrella. Loitering munitions are inevitable in Pakistan's case.
Thus until PA acquires a longer range MLRS, preferably the PCL-191, loitering munitions and more importantly UCAVs with ARMs, PAF will be performing SEAD/DEAD.
Moreover SEAD may be one of the functions of D. It may do what the blinders did; EW, ESM, ECM to increase survivability of PAF packages and interrupt comms of opposing aircraft etc.

Last edited:
@Raja Porus @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

I imagined SEAD/DEAD duties were going to UCAVs, loitering munitions and long range artillery.
Thank you one and all for the discussion. I have a question. We are assuming a capability based on a picture which we cannot see. Our current knowledge base tells us there are possibly no single engined small platforms which are capable of performing the said function. Even as a single engined platform the JFT is on the smaller spectrum of this range. So I want to return to the basic question of veracity of such a claim. My apologies if this has been discussed.
A

Thank you one and all for the discussion. I have a question. We are assuming a capability based on a picture which we cannot see. Our current knowledge base tells us there are possibly no single engined small platforms which are capable of performing the said function. Even as a single engined platform the JFT is on the smaller spectrum of this range. So I want to return to the basic question of veracity of such a claim. My apologies if this has been discussed.
A
MAR-1 ARMs for SEAD were acquired by PAF for JFT and maybe also for M3/M5.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom