What's new

JF-17 Block III Multirole Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
is GHQ feeling alright selling jf17's to Maynmar after their army is carrying out a brutal genocide against Rohingians. we will be be condemned by the world for giving their army these figther jets to bomb the people fleeing.

Absolute PR disaster for Pakistan.

Also say, whats stop Indian special forces to attack Maynmar airbase where these jets will be kept to come and have look at the plane from A to Z get all the information.

Same concern for Nigeria and Senegal Corrupt African generals will let the Indians have a look at the plane for a few thousand dollars.
Bhai.
A. The JFT is no miracle from the seventh sky which the Indians would want to look at. It is a simple plane 4th generation which does its job efficiently.
B. Every provider seeks assurances from the buyer about exposure to their product. PAC will probably also employ similar restrictions on exposure of their product.
A

I see block 3 beyond 2019 at the very least, I also have a question though. IFR was a part of block 2 so has this been added on all block 2s ? or it has been shifted to block 3s ?

I remember some members talking about IFR update of block 1s also.
It has been incorporated. There were some initail teething issues which have now been resolved. Due to the nature of the journey s which the JFT undertakes IFR is not needed. When it is needed it will be on the relevant plane. This is similar to the CFTs of the 16s which are not always flown with them on. It does not mean that they do not exist.
A

Masha Allah. Alhamdulillah. This is huge news. So if the design team at CAC has officially moved on to Block 3, that means B version has moved on from the design and prototyping stage.

initial design are they going to change it completely
?

Masha Allah. Alhamdulillah. This is huge news. So if the design team at CAC has officially moved on to Block 3, that means B version has moved on from the design and prototyping stage.
BLOCK III if goes fast first prototype may come by end of 2019 but it's difficult

The image on flag looks like Twin engine Thunder
You would only need to do a Design / prototype if something was changing in design i.e going from 1 engine to twin engine setup

military-people-f18-hornet-sound-barrier-fighters-jet-1440x900-wallpaper.jpg

1639430_-_main.jpg

I personally always found the Thunder to be a close cousine of Hornet

Last edited:
initial design are they going to change it completely
?

Every block is treated as a separate project. 'Initial design' for B Version started in April 2016, first prototype flew in April 2017. So we should see some good news in late Dec 2018 - late Jan 2019.

@Zarvan

You would only need to do a Design / prototype if something was changing in design i.e going from 1 engine to twin engine setup

Nopes, those are simply horizontal stabilizers.

military-people-f18-hornet-sound-barrier-fighters-jet-1440x900-wallpaper.jpg

1639430_-_main.jpg

I personally always found the Thunder to be a close cousine of Hornet
If there will be twin engine jet, than it will no more a version of JF-17 totally new design based on thunder technologies it will call JF-18 or something because it mechanically/structurally different from JF-17

It kinda does look 2engine. It'd be cool to see JF17 transform into JF18.
But as others pointed out it most likely is 1engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom