What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

one thing is very much clear, the built quality of JF is far superior to Tejas. I have seen its Dubai airshow pictures with pathetic panel fittings, unprofessional workmanship. Year 2k21was very productive for B3 hope so every specs and feature will be cleared soon .....more pics plz let them come

All these systems on Rafale are integrated into a single system call SPECTRA. According to Wiki, The full SPECTRA integrated electronic warfare suite provides long-range detection, identification and accurate localisation of infrared homing, radio frequency and laser threats. The system incorporates radar warning, laser warning and Missile Approach Warning for threat detection plus a phased array radar jammer and a decoy dispenser for threat countering.[1] It also includes a dedicated management unit for data fusion and reaction decision۔
Spectra is just a fancy name for the system otherwise multiple systems found on many jets
I will not be surprised, if we hear about F16s.
Lol IMPOSSIBLE to pass through congress
The only POSSIBILITY is a Secretary of State(blinken) waiver for used ones(dont require congress)

@messiach Some months back you mentioned Pakistan was developing own version of A/F cooled AESA. Will we see that AESA on BLK3s soon?

Spectra is just a fancy name for the system otherwise multiple systems found on many jets

Lol IMPOSSIBLE to pass through congress
The only POSSIBILITY is a Secretary of State(blinken) waiver for used ones(dont require congress)
Never say never, Congress is not as independent as many think. They need a little time to calm down after the Afghanistan debacle. They need us more now than six months ago. No big change in strategic relationships but a bit of quid pro quo.

There is no such thing as BLOCK I anymore. All of them are already upgraded to BLOCK II standard. Now soon all BLOCK II will be upgraded with all what BLOCK III has. AESA and other features will be done.
Someone should update the Wikipedia page of PAF as it shows Pakistan has 50 Block I in service.

By March 2022 PAF will consist of 300+ BVR capable jets and will be nightmare for baniya😍😍😍

It is better to stay humble rather than gloat and become a petty racist/bigot.

Is that sarcasm or…? Because if not that is the most major news so far, bigger than the block 3 itself.

When he took his hand out of the nozzle, it smelt of burnt jet fuel mixed with sarcasm!

Back
Top Bottom