What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

The time is very ripe for PAF to release few titbits on blk3 to give the monkey another shut up call

While we are still working out finer details and testing just few pics and few small details would just do wonders

does it mean the JF17 Block III can make a vertical climb without breaking left to avoid stall?

Breaking left before and during the climb bleeds more energy than going straight into that climb, i.e. it brings you closer to stalling, does not help you avoid it. IMO, that maneuver is meant exactly as a show of the TWR; leave the gear down, yank the stick back, and kick the rudder hard. The disingenuous way of doing it would be to retract the gear, gain more speed in the horizontal plane, and once you're certain you have enough of it to trade for the desired altitude, pull back on the stick.

Last edited:
Not a single update in last 8 months. Simply means either requirements have been pushed way too high or work has been stalled due to some reasons. Progress on Block-3 is very different than other Chinese military projects. Not even some leaked pictures. Sometimes I think that PAF is preparing for a massive surprise.

Not a single update in last 8 months. Simply means either requirements have been pushed way too high or work has been stalled due to some reasons. Progress on Block-3 is very different than other Chinese military projects. Not even some leaked pictures. Sometimes I think that PAF is preparing for a massive surprise.
Or it could be a project delay due to incompetence at various levels. Could be from the Chinese, could be from us, who knows.

Sometimes I think so too, but then I'm reminded of what Ghalib would've said.

There are more than one ways to stall the wing.
Thunder breaking is one way to avoid.
Pay attention to direction of movement.

Breaking left before and during the climb bleeds more energy than going straight into that climb, i.e. it brings you closer to stalling, does not help you avoid it. IMO, that maneuver is meant exactly as a show of the TWR; leave the gear down, yank the stick back, and kick the rudder hard. The disingenuous way of doing it would be to retract the gear, gain more speed in the horizontal plane, and once you're certain you have enough of it to trade for the desired altitude, pull back on the stick.

Can anyone confirm if this is block-3? + it seems like part of some launch ceremony preparation?.....so maybe an event being planned to launch Block-3?

Credits: ACE of PAF, facebook page.

FB_IMG_1596834728667.jpg
FB_IMG_1596834764348.jpg

interesting, dual rack SD10s. But this looks like a scale model to me rather than the real thing. There is no HUD visible as far as I can see. Block III is supposed to have a very wide HUD

The time is very ripe for PAF to release few titbits on blk3 to give the monkey another shut up call ...

Why spoil the surprise? Why do they need a shut up call? What will Pakistan get out of it?

As long as they're jumping up and down within their own country, it doesn't matter to Pakistan. Also, the more they shout, the more they'll leak stuff which they shouldn't. How do you think PAF managed to overpower the 230+ Su-30 MKI mini awac air force last year?

And, Pakistanis won't be releasing a half-baked Block-3. The less enemy knows, the more advantageous it is for Pakistan. When you don't have the necessary information, you can't prepare and practice against it

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom