What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

But point to be noted here is,
There is a potential that PAF may use these dual ejector racks for BVR missiles in Block III. 4 BVR missiles and 2 SRAAM would a game changer.
Well that's nothing new. It can be done with block 2 as well. It's just PAF choose not to use it

That's not how a game changer works. PL - 15 is a game changer, AESA radar is one, highly advanced EW/ECM/ECCM are game changers, even the ability to produce a relatively less advanced suit indigenously can be termed as game changers.

Having two more missiles to lob at the enemy doesnt provide technological superiority.
But point to be noted here is,
There is a potential that PAF may use these dual ejector racks for BVR missiles in Block III. 4 BVR missiles and 2 SRAAM would a game changer.

Look
That's not how a game changer works. PL - 15 is a game changer, AESA radar is one, highly advanced EW/ECM/ECCM are game changers, even the ability to produce a relatively less advanced suit indigenously can be termed as game changers.

Having two more missiles to lob at the enemy doesnt provide technological superiority.
Okay. :tup:

Not a single update in last 8 months. Simply means either requirements have been pushed way too high or work has been stalled due to some reasons. Progress on Block-3 is very different than other Chinese military projects. Not even some leaked pictures. Sometimes I think that PAF is preparing for a massive surprise.
Hopefully the story of block 3 starts with rd93MA and hence the delay.
Latest news posted about rd93MA suggests its in testing phase whereas wht we hav been reading since last 4 to 5 years was tht it would be ready by or in 2020.
My 2 cents

honestly, if they do bring rd 93 ma to block 3 along with some improvement in fuel capacity, it would greatly enhance the block 3 effectiveness..having said that jf-17 was always meant to be the low end of spear.
with threat evolution in India, f16b52 is no longer the most technological advance fighter and a new tip of the spear is needed...the high end has to be something else, be it flanker, j10c, f16b70 or j31..

What it does is offer the ability fire a salvo at one target and increase kill probability. It is why the new western designs have the ability to carry close to a dozen BVRs. ECM is getting better and the chance of a miss due to ECM is now higher than it has been before.

honestly, if they do bring rd 93 ma to block 3 along with some improvement in fuel capacity, it would greatly enhance the block 3 effectiveness..having said that jf-17 was always meant to be the low end of spear.
with threat evolution in India, f16b52 is no longer the most technological advance fighter and a new tip of the spear is needed...the high end has to be something else, be it flanker, j10c, f16b70 or j31..
PAF has stated on multiple occasions that JF-17 Block 3 will be our response to the Indian Rafale. I think that should be enough. Aside from evolving the JF-17 to match the Rafale threat, we should invest our resources in developing electronic warfare systems, smarter munitions, and an integrated air defence for our airbases.

I wish we had collaborated with the Turks and South Koreans for the development of Block 3.

PAF has stated on multiple occasions that JF-17 Block 3 will be our response to the Indian Rafale. I think that should be enough. Aside from evolving the JF-17 to match the Rafale threat, we should invest our resources in developing electronic warfare systems, smarter munitions, and an integrated air defence for our airbases.

I wish we had collaborated with the Turks and South Koreans for the development of Block 3.
Does block 3 have all the capabilities of rafale..does it has 360 degree awareness , super crusie & enough to do omni role mission

Jf17 was not design to be a complex fighter it is very light fighter ..so lets not go into that discussion
If jf17 can hold its own against all the other fighters in IAF it would surpass its intended role

Does block 3 have all the capabilities of rafale..does it has 360 degree awareness , super crusie & enough to do omni role mission

Jf17 was not design to be a complex fighter it is very light fighter ..so lets not go into that discussion
If jf17 can hold its own against all the other fighters in IAF it would surpass its intended role

The JF-17 is not a slouch either. This fighter has come a long way. Initially the Thunder was meant to be on par with earlier models of F-16. The current JF-17 Block has surpassed this capability and easily compares with much more advanced versions of F-16. There is no doubt the JF-17 Block 3 is going to be a different animal.

PAF is focused on project Azm to fulfil the requirement for an advanced 5th gen platform.

It can have all of those things except supercruise. I can't see how acquiring a new platform merely to have supercruise capability can be justified.

Are you assuming that the multiple statements in which PAF described Block 3 as a match for Rafale were unconsidered or insincere?

It can have all of those things except supercruise. I can't see how acquiring a new platform merely to have supercruise capability can be justified.

Are you assuming that the multiple statements in which PAF described Block 3 as a match for Rafale were unconsidered or insincere?
Rafale has half a dozen radar and IFR systems. IRST..
Block 2 only had 1 and it didnt had a 360 coverage..BLOCK 3 i doubt will have or even can have same numbers of sensors or sensor fusion
It didnt even had quardplux fly by wire..

Lets not do what india does with tejas..
Let keep jf17 where it is ..
A light 4-4.5 gen fighter

If you don’t mind can you provide a reputable source I’ve not seen anything in regards to that. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom