What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I read that, and so are the Erieye and Globaleye in VHF but apparantly they were of little help to find F-22 in exercises. I will link some articles if you want.

But alas India will always have inferior fifth gen fighters so it's not a huge worry imo.
L and S bands aren't VHF. Their wavelength is too small. Compare that to a wavelength approaching 1 meter of the AN/APY-9. That's a different ball game.

L and S bands aren't VHF. Their wavelength is too small. Compare that to a wavelength approaching 1 meter of the AN/APY-9. That's a different ball game.
I meant UHF which is better than X and other higher bands at detecting stealth but not as good as VHF in range.

I meant UHF which is better than X and other higher bands at detecting stealth but not as good as VHF in range.
L as S bands have wavelengths between 7 to 30 cm. Compare these to a UHF radar like AP/APY-9 with a wavelength approaching a 100 cm. You can expect the AP/APY-9 to have considerably improved LO target detection capabilities.

L as S bands have wavelengths between 7 to 30 cm. Compare these to a UHF radar like AP/APY-9 with a wavelength approaching a 100 cm. You can expect the AP/APY-9 to have considerably improved LO target detection capabilities.
Yes of course, but L band is much better then X band for example.

What it does is offer the ability fire a salvo at one target and increase kill probability. It is why the new western designs have the ability to carry close to a dozen BVRs. ECM is getting better and the chance of a miss due to ECM is now higher than it has been before.
Yup won't deny that at all. All I am saying is, terming it as a game changer or by extension, inability to carry multiple SD10s a death sentence is a touch overkill.

微信图片_20200804003343.jpg

Back
Top Bottom