What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

You got to be kidding yourself with all the lame excuses you are presenting. When a country called Bangladesh is economically stronger than Pakistan, and have more than US 45 Billion foreign reserves THEN EVEN A 2-YEAR OLD KID WOULD KNOW BETTER THAT THIS BANANA REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN IS FUKED (excuse the word) !
People choose what they want
We choose import base economy

That's why Zia ended up getting killed. These current Mir Bajwas are afraid to lose their farm houses in Belgium...
Yet we leave everything here. Pharaoh tried to take stuff with him but we know all about that don't we

I understand your point, but the thing that escapes me is -- why don't they care about their country enough to make the right decisions?

There's inequality, classism, injustice, etc, in the United States too. Yet, at a macro-level, the U.S. has kept moving forward. The leaders of the U.S. rarely made self-destructive (for a nation) decisions. The big one was probably opening up to China, but it was a mistake in hindsight.

What's missing among Pakistan's leaders (especially the Army leadership)? How do they lack vision? Why do they lack the ambition to "look outwards" and compete with other nations?

Hi,

They need to read----and read without prejudice and then there needs to be someone who needs to teach them.

Hi,

They need to read----and read without prejudice and then there needs to be someone who needs to teach them.
Bro donkey's never learn, when they have served the purpose just put them down. Question is who have to decide they are old and of no use as they are given extensions to look good themselves.

my friend. i am feeling the same way; not sure what has changed but entire forum has gone - no mojo left.
We have lost trust in the military senior leadership. We used to have a sense of coownership. Unfortunately the senior leadership has damaged that trust relationship. In any case I would love to hear more about Jf17blk3 progress more, because bajwa will not be flying that plane our valiant young pilots who are from and within us will to defend this land. (if they are allowed to). Haven't heard anything in terms of operationalization of the blk3s for a while.

Hi,

Everyone who said the JF17 cannot do this in the BLk 1 or 2--the JF17 has pretty much done it.

I'm talking about dedicated EW attack platform like EA-18 or J-16D. Most fighter aircraft can carry EW pod for self defense, which is different.

I don’t think the JF-17 has enough power to function as EW.
Perhaps not to the level of the EA-18G Growler put more akin to what the Gripen is doing and hopefully to the level of the Rafale, at least in some aspects.

Next generation pods can have their own onboard power generation capability, as on the US’ NGJ. Secondly the JF-17’s own AESA radar can function as a Jammer. Not to mention the possibility of building a variant with multiple bands of radar in the wings, along the leading edge, or on the tail (especially in the location of the Parachute).

The JF-17 could also feature ESM pods on the wings and small maneuverable laser or IR guided active decoys (hard kill) as well as laser dazzlers (soft kill) around the body to counter BVR and WVR missiles. Something akin to the Gripen evolution model, which would also include separating the flight critical software from the rest of the avionics (mission critical software), to be able to do quick upgrades.

Hopefully down the line the WS-13E/WS-19 engine will be fitted to the JF-17, which benefiting from the J-35 program’s need for the best medium thrust engines China can produce, will offer the most thrust we can expect on the JF-17; approx. 120 kn.

Looking at the Eurofighter’s EW roadmap, the JF-17 could also implement similar upgrades, once the AESA radar is in place.
A lot of EW will be software based, so apart from pods, long range Anti-Radation missile (like the AARGM-ER), and loitering munitions(like spear-ew or SAAB’s LARM), we may not see many external changes. As they always say, “it’s what’s on the inside that counts” ;)

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom