What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

There were never any established sources for the purported roll out today. And no roll out pictures or videos or official release was available today. So there was no roll out.
That is news! Is the third time the JF17 BLK III program has missed a deadline it had annouced just months earlier?
We know from the Sept. 6th media visits the Block III final assembly was in full swing and atleast 7 airframes were nearing completion. So why the delay?
Could it be the Chinese are still having trouble with the AESA? That is the only major confirmed change from the 2seater.
Did such a possible delay play a role in the J10C procurement?

Actually delays are very much part of defence projects especially the new versions or new product. However, you could be right that most of the time would have consumed in integrating powerful avionics in a smaller airframe. I don't see J10C procurement has anything to do with it.

There is no date given by PAF again. we can only guess as the twitteratis are doing. BTW! anyone has a link to that media program visit of PAC on 6th Sept ?..

Amazing how keyboard warriors are demanding that they be appraised of all the dates and plans related to all our top secret and all important defence projects.

I just called and talked to the chief. He will call each one of you and confirm the news and tell everyone about all the top secret plans and happenings so they can post on line and get bragging rights. Hell with the national security and surprises for the enemy. He should have live streamed this secret induction.

Not only that but the army chief will soon give in person tour of all our nuclear facilities to any one interested .

If block 3 thunder came out with RD-93 is it possible to have full digital fly-by-wire with this engine?

If you are going to answer your self then no point asking others . :D
I don't believe I answered any of my own questions.

Pakistan tested a longer range Babur Cruise Missile last week but no pictures were released....does that mean no test happened.
The Roll Out ceremony did very much take place....
There was an official annoucement on the Babur CM test. There has been no official annoucement on the roll ouf of the JF17 Block 3. There has been a flawless history of timely official announcement of every milestone in the JF17 program for the last 20 years. If there was a roll out, the very absence of an official annoucement would be newsworthy as there would be no conceivable advantage gained.
The conclusion must be there was no roll out.
Let us see.

11:40pm still no official news .. all day was glued to the forum but nothing :(

We are in this together.

I have refreshed this thread at least 500 times in last few days and will clock another 500 clicks over the weekend. :partay:

Last edited:
This lady is also part of the same gang of women Journalists as Sumira Khan, but her beat is politics not defence.

She is also a columnist in some newspaper, but the catch is they all are pro-PTI journalists.
Javeria saddique is wife of anchor arshad sharif , she was the one who leaked the news regarding starts of Jf-17 blk3 production in PAC on December 2020 , she is right this time too , first batch of 8 blk3s has been delivered to PAF and will be inducted after testing procedure

For the past couple of parades, ISPR was doing the recording. PTV was using ISPR's feed. I don't know for sure, but it looks like ISPR is contracting the recording work out to another studio or agency. They hit 720p last time, but I hope for 2022 they raise the budget so that we can get 1080p or 4K.
Especially video of the JF-17 Block 3; the best opportunity to get some B-Roll for JF-17 Marketing displays for the next air show.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom