What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I wouldn’t worry too much about money. Type 054 export to Pakistan apparently had ridiculously low profit margins. Arms sale to Pakistan is not about making a quick buck, especially in light of recent events.

Back on topic.

Is this real or fanmade?

View attachment 799224
Fanmade. Centerline only plumbed for fuel and wired for gravity bombs.

More weapons means more destruction. More fuel means penetration? Do you want to target enemy deep inside it's own territory? We need twin engine jet that can carry more fuel and more weapons.

Did you know to strike deep we have mirages with raad and then AZM when it materialises?
Alongside that, a plethora of other precision guided munitions?

if only ‘big boom’ was the important factor in a conflict, the su30s wifh their dated sensors and mission systems would have came out on top post balakot
I wouldn’t worry too much about money. Type 054 export to Pakistan apparently had ridiculously low profit margins. Arms sale to Pakistan is not about making a quick buck, especially in light of recent events.

Back on topic.

Is this real or fanmade?

View attachment 799224
Fam made. I call bs on them wiring that centre HP for missiles. Tbf that entire payload is laughable, knowing the JF-17, that’ll give you like 5 mins of flight time lol

This is what my understanding is. However a lot of posters are pointing to a J10 buy by PAF.With all due respects to all my contention is that:
A. The timelines do not make any sense as there has been no announcements for j10 buy by the PAF or any Chinese source.
B. We have all the statements from Ex PAF airChiefs/analysts saying J10 does not add anything to what PAF already has.
C. Where will the money come from when we are being denied loans by the Chinese because of lack of payments of our dues to them.
D. PAF is working on Block 3 and ondiction and training due to incorporation of newer technologies could well take us till 2025. Generally PAF has not inducted 2 different sets of hardware at the same time.
Anyways only time will tell who is right or wrong.
A
PAF has in more dire times inducted multiple platforms at the same time, such as the A-5 and F-16. Same in case of Mirages and F-6s after 1965 war. But we are not in those dire times and infact with the JF-17 production, more self-sufficient then ever in our history. J-10 would be a terrible choice for PAF imo

Did you know to strike deep we have mirages with raad and then AZM when it materialises?
Alongside that, a plethora of other precision guided munitions?

if only ‘big boom’ was the important factor in a conflict, the su30s wifh their dated sensors and mission systems would have came out on top post balakot

Fam made. I call bs on them wiring that centre HP for missiles. Tbf that entire payload is laughable, knowing the JF-17, that’ll give you like 5 mins of flight time lol
Please stop quoting Balakot. They did little, we did little. I think you should better read about air defence system of India before talking about Raad. Basically it is same mentality and that's we have to stick in our own yard. What if we have to go inside physically? I mean physical fighter jet itself. Raad can't solve all problems. Similarly brahmos will not solve all of their problems. Long range bombers is necessary. Have you seen Russia, China? They have every type of long range cruise missile but still they use long range bombers like tu-160 etc. Why? There is a reason for using long range bombers. India has Mirage 2000, still much better than our mirages. We must think about full destruction of enemy. You have to go inside. Cruise missiles can't solve all problems.

Please stop quoting Balakot. They did little, we did little. I think you should better read about air defence system of India before talking about Raad. Basically it is same mentality and that's we have to stick in our own yard. What if we have to go inside physically? I mean physical fighter jet itself. Raad can't solve all problems. Similarly brahmos will not solve all of their problems. Long range bombers is necessary. Have you seen Russia, China? They have every type of long range cruise missile but still they use long range bombers like tu-160 etc. Why? There is a reason for using long range bombers. India has Mirage 2000, still much better than our mirages. We must think about full destruction of enemy. You have to go inside. Cruise missiles can't solve all problems.
Those bombers are still going to launch cruise missiles tbh. That's all they're for, barring the B-2 and B-21, which will likely do very daring raids, that too after enemy's air force has been weakened.
Future lies with autonomous drones and stand off munitions. Risking having a plane shot down or a pilot captured is a huge political risk.
Those bombers are still going to launch cruise missiles tbh. That's all they're for, barring the B-2 and B-21, which will likely do very daring raids, that too after enemy's air force has been weakened.

Do you know what the purpose of the Pakistani armed forces is?

PLAAF H-6H/M are Missile carriers, their target of interest are far from the Main Land China. Same is / was the case for Russia / USSR, their Bomber fleet had to travel well into Atlantic / Pacific Oceans to carry out strikes. The above model doesn't apply for the PAF, Pakistan is not interested in attacking KSA, Kuwait, Iraq, Somalia, Yamen, etc. or venturing into Mediterranean Sea to attack a Country / countries, PAF's targets are right next door.

PS: I intentionally left out the Country that you may think Pak may have to head butts with and which is far away, it would be a fools errand to think of that head butt.

Sooner or latter every air force ends up entering the enemy territory regardless of their air defences and PAF is no exception. We don't have millions of Rad's sitting on the shelves and they are not a cure for all the ills. PAF if they have chosen the J10 for induction must have their own reasons considering we can't buy the western planes due to the shortage of funds or refusal of those countries to sell it to us. We can all dream of F35 or F16 V but lets be real as they are not on the table so PAF to do with the next thing available.

Back
Top Bottom