What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

We can't modify this jet anymore. Block 3 should be final. Start new project. Make Stealth jet. We need more airpower but with better quality. PAF should consider heavy twin engine fighter jet. Project Azm might be too far away. Block 3 should be the final modified version. We don't need lightweight jets upfront. F-16s can't handle 150 Rafales. They are planning to induct 200+ rafales. We should do something on emergency basis. I say put block-3 on hold and start New project.

I think we should follow the following.

1. Keep making Block 3 till 2024 (which will be around 12+12 = 24) , while working on induction of Rd-93MA to create a Block 4 to increase engine power. Built 150 of block 4 while speeding work on Azm. Around 2030 start making Azm jets.

Supply chains around the world have been disrupted due to Covid-19 and food prices are going through the roof. PAC is not immune to these disruptions. There may never be an official statement to that effect but expect supply chain issues to hit PAC and cause all sorts of hurdles.

Beyond that, it is nothing short of a miracle that JF-17 programme survived at all given how attempts were made to shut down the project by our own leaders. There are no guarantees if AZM will survive our politics. I sure hope there are patriots who will keep it going at all cost.

1. Keep making Block 3 till 2024 (which will be around 12+12 = 24) , while working on induction of Rd-93MA to create a Block 4 to increase engine power. Built 150 of block 4 while speeding work on Azm. Around 2030 start making Azm jets.

That is quite an optimistic timeline considering the state of our economy and politics.

Supply chains around the world have been disrupted due to Covid-19 and food prices are going through the roof. PAC is not immune to these disruptions. There may never be an official statement to that effect but expect supply chain issues to hit PAC and cause all sorts of hurdles.

Beyond that, it is nothing short of a miracle that JF-17 programme survived at all given how attempts were made to shut down the project by our own leaders. There are no guarantees if AZM will survive our politics. I sure hope there are patriots who will keep it going at all cost.

That is quite an optimistic timeline considering the state of our economy and politics.
Not optimistic, unrealistic.

Hello Sir. yes continue with block-3 but other party is interested in limited conflict and they are changing every old weapon in their inventory. 2030 is far away. we need At least 50 j-35 or j-20 to fill the gap. I say invest money and buy some second hand f-16s. India is behaving like a crazy investor. I am sure they will buy 200+ rafales. They know they can hurt us and they think about it each day. We must prepare. I know economic situation. We should also upgrade everything. I mean radars too. We should believe in complete air superiority.

I forgot completely where Pakistan had the booming economy from 2008 to 2020 that would have easily enabled this excellent progress you talk about.

Just during PTI govt there was flooding, Covid and locusts which destroyed our crops. People dont understand that it is a miracle that we are still on our feet despite the economic condition left to us by PMLN govt. Just in first 6 months govt had to generate 10-15 billion or go bankrupt. This pretty much dried up all our options in terms of high end aquisition so lets be happy we hace thunders which might not be the best but still good enough for our needs. Lets not forget COVID aint over yet.

Good! I hope the same mentality does not exist in PAF leadership. We will carry F7, Mirages and JFs well into 2200 then! Paint safar ki dua on it for barkat! Bismillah Phuu before firing a missile just to add extra accuracy! Yes, I lived through those times and I maintain, JFT is a slow project as we speak. It could have been better after 2 decade + of work on it! If you google which companies were built into billion dollar empires all throughout those 2 decades you will find many. What about their project management? How did they manage steep success during challenging times? But don't take it personal yeah? Keep it cool, try to relax.
Sounds like the response of someone holding onto their ego and unable to admit the ignorance in their posts.

Why was Hijara integrated to Jf17? And any similar development for Jf17?

JF-17 making an appearance in a WSJ video yesterday though it wasn't mentioned by name.

The image below is a few month old. It was taken at Zhuhai Airshow on September 29, 2021 but it seems China is marketing FC-1 as a platform for supersonic cruise missiles with potentially JF-17 customers in mind.

JF-17.jpg

Thanks to them the JF-17 is 3 years behind schedule. So its very relevant as to what the topic is addressing.

Isnt delay a blessing in disguise? Chinese AESA (2016), PL-10 (2015). PL-15 (2015-2016). HMD and Internal EW system all came during or post 2016 and was cleared to use by JF-17 by 2018-2019. . J-10 C enabled lot of Chinese technologies to mature and enhance their effectiveness. Without J-10, These goodies wouldn't had trickled down to JF-17 quickly. We wouldn't had gotten these goodies from any western supplier. Block-III which was supposed to come in 2017-2018 would had been Block-II B at best with same PD radar and SD-10 combo.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom