What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

So here is how many missiles increase range. They take an upward trajectory initially, and then use gliding to increase range. They then use gravity to increase speed as well. As you increase altitude, air becomes rarified, resulting in less oxygen available for combustion. Which is why missiles carry an oxidizer.

For an air breathing missile, you need to show that combustion is so efficient it can give you speeds of Mach 4 over long distances. I am not aware of any fuel that would do that, but then again, my knowledge in this area is limited.
I am not sure why americans & chinese didnt pursue Ramjet AAM...they perferred pulse rocket engines..there are reasons to do so

IMO if Chinese are displaying delta air platform model
its clearly shown with Mirage Jet and JF-17 model ....
sharp sword and and other flying wing model are shown separately with different set of weapon package ....
HD-1A.jpg

Some may want Russians instead of Chinese or UK brand or vice versa.

Have we got any proof that some customer have requested for change of parts or engines yet? JF 17 is a poor man F 16 and aimed at the 3rd world countries and if some one wants or can afford genuine copy of F 16 then they won't be looking at the JF 17 in the first place.
Lets focus and celebrate what we have got and have achieved in our aviation short history. We need to keep on investing to bring it on par with the Western levels where ever we can instead of taking the short cuts and short sighted decisions.

I am not sure why americans & chinese didnt pursue Ramjet AAM...they perferred pulse rocket engines..there are reasons to do so

Dual pulse rocket motors provide better kinematic performance at higher altitudes. In addition, dual pulse rocket powered AAMs do not need the bulky air intakes and ducts of ramjet powered AAMs, and therefore can be designed with a slimmer and smaller profile, allowing more missiles to be carried internally by 5th gen stealth fighters. The Europeans do not yet have any bona fide all-round 5th gen platform with internal weapon bays, and therefore prefer to augment their 4.5 Gen platforms with ramjet powered AAMs. The Russians are also focusing on dual pulse rocket powered AAMs for the Su-57 Felon.

its clearly shown with Mirage Jet and JF-17 model ....
sharp sword and and other flying wing model are shown separately with different set of weapon package ....
View attachment 781583

This is likely to be the basis of the ramjet project. Clearly the PAF would like to augment the CM-400AKG with a supersonic ramjet equivalent option. Note the similarity of the rage of the HD-1A and CM-400AKG. The CM-400AKG adopts a 'top-down' ballistic flight profile to gain range and hypersonic speed (Mach 5), but would be severely hampered if used in a nap-of-the-earth flight profile, e.g. against surface vessels, due to its rocket motors. An air-breathing supersonic ramjet option would provide greater range flexibility at low altitude launch profiles.

Now i think they are just marketing their missile.Its not coming for JF 17 of PAF i guess
but the question is Marketing an air launch version without any Aerial platform ..... ????

So my dear IMHO the purpose to show HD-1A with 2 lightweight fighter aircraft from east and west was to show its capability to get integrated with lightweight eastern and western fighter platform.

This is likely to be the basis of the ramjet project. Clearly the PAF would like to augment the CM-400AKG with a supersonic ramjet equivalent option. Note the similarity of the rage of the HD-1A and CM-400AKG. The CM-400AKG adopts a 'top-down' ballistic flight profile to gain range and hypersonic speed (Mach 5), but would be severely hampered if used in a nap-of-the-earth flight profile, e.g. against surface vessels, due to its rocket motors. An air-breathing supersonic ramjet option would provide greater range flexibility at low altitude launch profiles.
but the question is Marketing an air launch version without any Aerial platform ..... ????

So my dear IMHO the purpose to show HD-1A with 2 lightweight fighter aircraft from east and west was to show its capability to get integrated with lightweight eastern and western fighter platform.

I will repeat my speculation:

you are right bro. The manufacturer company of this missile is in initial stages of progress and is ready to integrate its missiles on non chinese weapons also.PAF should look at this company.may be we can get something valuable from here :D
I will repeat my speculation:
May be you want to say that
Every SMAsh is HD 1
But every HD 1 is not SMAsh:D

Dual pulse rocket motors provide better kinematic performance at higher altitudes. In addition, dual pulse rocket powered AAMs do not need the bulky air intakes and ducts of ramjet powered AAMs, and therefore can be designed with a slimmer and smaller profile, allowing more missiles to be carried internally by 5th gen stealth fighters. The Europeans do not yet have any bona fide all-round 5th gen platform with internal weapon bays, and therefore prefer to augment their 4.5 Gen platforms with ramjet powered AAMs. The Russians are also focusing on dual pulse rocket powered AAMs for the Su-57 Felon.
Bottom line is pulse rockets are the future not ramjets

Back
Top Bottom