What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

typo or can those stations really carry a 1200 kg missile?

So we should be expecting a version of Raad (1100 kg) soon to be carried under each wing.

will be linked with chinese satellites..
No not only satellite link but capabilities related to new secure DATA link and capability of controlling UAV or loyal wingman, IF this pic is related to future capabilities than it is showing completely new capability which will put it JF-17 a league a head than any other 4.5 gen fighter jet currently operational anywhere in the world.
typo or can those stations really carry a 1200 kg missile?
JF-17 inner pylon is capable to carry fuel tank of 1200 litres from the start .....

No not only satellite link but capabilities related to new secure DATA link and capability of controlling UAV or loyal wingman, IF this pic is related to future capabilities than it is showing completely new capability which will put it JF-17 a league a head than any other 4.5 gen fighter jet currently operational anywhere in the world.
JF17B Weapon officer can become a intel/weapon officer in the sky.

Blk 3's air to air arsenal

1633102064321.png

Perhaps work on an air breathing version of the PL-15 and even SD-10A, based on the Technology from the HD-1A, maybe a way to fast track an even longer range missile or at least a larger NEZ

What will it take PAC/CAC to satisfy Pakistani farmaishi programs? Thats a weapon package that a Rafale would be proud of, but not you guys.

What will it take PAC/CAC to satisfy Pakistani farmaishi programs? Thats a weapon package that a Rafale would be proud of, but not you guys.

we need to maintain a qualitative edge. What’s wrong with looking opportunities for ways to fuse technologies from two programs in production for a new system to out stick the adversary and keep it an unfair fight, in our favor. If our economy and defense budget were not so limited, I think we wouldn’t hesitate.

So, I’m happy we got this advanced missile, to meet our current needs. But in the future we maybe facing Aim-260 class weapons and still have to fit them on the JF-17. I don’t think there is any harm in studying the feasibility of a more capable missile. The result of the research could also be a longer range HD-1A derivative, which would make the job of the Navy and SPD a lot easier, or a better anti-radiation missile that could take out Enemy Air Defense and/or C4ISR deep in enemy territory, decreasing the need for a mostly stealth Air Force; put the burden on the weapons not the platform.

In the mean time let’s grow the economy to raise the living standards of the people and raise the defense budget.

Last edited:
Rafale literally has an air-breathing AAM in the form of the MBDA Meteor. But to @FuturePAF's point, we should always be working to being above and ahead. No advantage lasts forever.

JF-17 inner pylon is capable to carry fuel tank of 1200 litres from the start .....
Liter to kg conversion depends on the density of the fluid/liquid. Water is close to 1:1 ratio but for jet fuel a liter is around 0.78kg.

Rafale literally has an air-breathing AAM in the form of the MBDA Meteor. But to @FuturePAF's point, we should always be working to being above and ahead. No advantage lasts forever.
On the air breathing SD-10, I give credit to @DJ_Viper. He has been persistent that that is something the PAF should pursue. Considering the weight difference and the need a good number of BVR missiles within the weight constraints of the JF-17, I agree with him as well. An Air breathing PL-15 is a way to get the range and NEZ capabilities for Project AZM (as well as the two inner hard points of the JF-17) without asking the Chinese to compromise their security asking for the original PL-15.

Last edited:
So here is how many missiles increase range. They take an upward trajectory initially, and then use gliding to increase range. They then use gravity to increase speed as well. As you increase altitude, air becomes rarified, resulting in less oxygen available for combustion. Which is why missiles carry an oxidizer.

For an air breathing missile, you need to show that combustion is so efficient it can give you speeds of Mach 4 over long distances. I am not aware of any fuel that would do that, but then again, my knowledge in this area is limited.

By making the radar bigger and heavier. The performance increase is expected.

145 KG Radar versus 180 KG radar. Rather significant weight increase for a moderate performance increase.
You are correct but the range is given as ">200km", so we don't know what it is, we just know it is "greater than 200km".

LKF601E ranges.jpg

Back
Top Bottom