What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

OK, the hole at the back?
A similar hole in Typhoon is engine bleed air heat exchanger.
Polish_20210912_032834284.jpg

However I don't see any exit point on Thunder Blk 3, for the air, same as the slit on typhoon, shown in this picture.
Typhoon_EF2000(T)_30+20_11259.jpg

OK, the hole at the back?
A similar hole in Typhoon is engine bleed air heat exchanger.
View attachment 777265

However I don't see any exit point on Thunder Blk 3, for the air, same as the slit on typhoon, shown in this picture.
View attachment 777266

You beat me to it. I was planning to write about it when I get time to gather my thoughts. I am trying to crack the puzzle:

1631414979880.png

possiblely bleed into engine duct downward ??

It's going straight into the vertical tail. Which suggests the need to cool electronics. But I don't see where this air comes out. Possibly there is tubing hidden from view which would shed more light on this.

What is unknown?

Just a simple unknown pipe going through Block-III airframe towards front section, made me to realize that despite of my uncle, brother, cousin, neighbour, father, sister, son or daughter in PAC and even my engineering (PhD x aviation experience)x, its just cluelessness all around.

Block-III S. No. 3000

Block-III 3001

And the recently shared picture of unknown S. No.

only thing I am skeptical about liquid cooling is the absence of second part of plumbing of liquid cooling cycle .... I mean there must be 2 pipes 1 one to take liquid into heat exchanger and the other part to take the heated liquid out

View attachment 776819

Plz also Note Plumbing Arrangement is not entering into nose section but tilting downward.

View attachment 776815

That is correct. You need a supply pipe and a return pipe to the heat Exchange. Not only this there are plenty of other Thermal design parameters which need to be met, example, Delta T, Flow Rates, and depending on the complexity of the heat exchanger, EPIV configuration and controls.

And yet you have some very ignorant comments from people here who just do not understand the ABC of such systems, and probably have zero practical experience in dealing with such systems.

What is unknown?

Couldn't understand the use of such pipe. The confusion is, whether to carry liquid coolant for AESA or may be to support OBOGs. Same plumbing is seen on B models as well only on starboard side.
IMG_20210912_144826.png

Attachments

• IMG_20210912_144826.png
    IMG_20210912_144826.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
That is correct. You need a supply pipe and a return pipe to the heat Exchange. Not only this there are plenty of other Thermal design parameters which need to be met, example, Delta T, Flow Rates, and depending on the complexity of the heat exchanger, EPIV configuration and controls.

And yet you have some very ignorant comments from people here who just do not understand the ABC of such systems, and probably have zero practical experience in dealing with such systems.
IMG_20210911_040527.jpg

It continues into the second compartment and the mouth seems to be on the right... Maybe you could decipher what it is and what it feeds

Just a simple unknown pipe going through Block-III airframe towards front section, made me to realize that despite of my uncle, brother, cousin, neighbour, father, sister, son or daughter in PAC and even my engineering (PhD x aviation experience)x, its just cluelessness all around.
View attachment 777150

Hi,

You are trying to give too much credit to yourself and your sarcasm is uncalled for.

To function and purpose of every pipe or tube becomes obvious from its position and what it is for.

Assumptions and guesswork is an extremely important part in trying to find out information about something that is not in the public domain.

One person assumes as to what it is---and another person who knows what it is may blurt out the information either to correct or just to show how knowledgeable that person is.

And suddenly the world knows what it is.
May I ask, what your PhD is in? General area if you dont want to be specific.. Thanks.

Hi,

If he has a PhD in engineering and work experience---then in his field of work---just by looking at a picture he would be able to tell what the item is and what its purpose is.

A simple PhD without any field experience does not count for much in analysis.

Last edited:
Problem Solved

Notice this pipe going to side, from inside that pipe is visible as it transports the fuel to internal tanks
Fuel is not filling into Cockpit it is transported internally using , yes the mysterious pipe

0rWGPzM.jpg

Damn thread is so non constructive it is amazing how pathetic the discussion going on here is! How negative thinking Pakistanis are and what the hell we have become! Its just appalling! 🤦‍♂️
Moreover, this thread would not be sparking any interest in the youth whatsoever, who are in a position to choose today, if they want to study anything about aviation or not. The few people who claim to have studied or know a bit more about technical stuff are busy fighting and feeding their egos, being super petty! No one is thinking highly about any of you!

I mean we are discussing random pipes in pictures taken from a YouTube video, with grainy quality and our Einsteins are busy discussing what these pipes are for? As if you guys have designed several aircrafts and can recognise all the pipes that were ever fitted to any aircraft from a mile away? 🤷‍♂️

You guys are just weird! 😐
Action two people I know here have experience in it. Interestingly, if the same thing was presented in Air Forces Monthly or Aviation week you would be drooling over it. Difference is that it is edited and usually one conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom